Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 13, 2012, 02:28 Rigs

I've had a Samsung ML-2010 black laser for about 6 years now and besides the annoying habit of grabbing more than one piece of paper from the pile (and thus jamming the whole thing up nice and tight), it's been a real good $120 investment. When I walked into Best Buy that day and saw it, I wasn't looking for a printer but I always had wanted a laser printer for it's speed and clarity, and seeing the low price, I got the last one from the shelf. The original toner cart that came with it lasted me four years! No lie, though, granted, I don't print much and certainly not every day, nor every week for that matter. I was still surprised though. In fact, the reason I changed it wasn't because it was going out, it was because I thought it might be the reason for the paper jams and grabbing of more than one piece at a time. I later attributed it to the printer being moved around all the time and possibly being bumped or slightly dropped, thus misaligning some important component. That's the only reason I can come up with, as I've changed the toner cart twice since and the problem remains. I would never go back to inkjet printers again. If anything, I'd save up for a color laser now. My mom has a huge all-in-one HP printer/scanner/fax monstrosity that my late sister had bought but never used. She loves it as it has extensive photo printing capabilities (a Photosmart 3310). I kinda tolerate it since it has wired/wireless administration and remote printing...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 12, 13:29 OCZ Announces 64GB Vertex 4. jdreyer
  2. May 12, 13:47 Re: Saturday Tech Bits zirik
  3. May 12, 15:45 Re: Saturday Tech Bits D4rkKnight
  4. May 12, 16:24  Re: Saturday Tech Bits zirik
  5. May 12, 18:15  Re: Saturday Tech Bits jimnms
  6. May 12, 19:37   Re: Saturday Tech Bits Prez
  7. May 13, 01:54    Re: Saturday Tech Bits zirik
>> 8. May 13, 02:28     Re: Saturday Tech Bits Rigs
  12. May 14, 08:09      Re: Saturday Tech Bits DG
  9. May 13, 09:34 Re: Saturday Tech Bits Silicon Avatar