Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 13, 2012, 02:28 Rigs

I've had a Samsung ML-2010 black laser for about 6 years now and besides the annoying habit of grabbing more than one piece of paper from the pile (and thus jamming the whole thing up nice and tight), it's been a real good $120 investment. When I walked into Best Buy that day and saw it, I wasn't looking for a printer but I always had wanted a laser printer for it's speed and clarity, and seeing the low price, I got the last one from the shelf. The original toner cart that came with it lasted me four years! No lie, though, granted, I don't print much and certainly not every day, nor every week for that matter. I was still surprised though. In fact, the reason I changed it wasn't because it was going out, it was because I thought it might be the reason for the paper jams and grabbing of more than one piece at a time. I later attributed it to the printer being moved around all the time and possibly being bumped or slightly dropped, thus misaligning some important component. That's the only reason I can come up with, as I've changed the toner cart twice since and the problem remains. I would never go back to inkjet printers again. If anything, I'd save up for a color laser now. My mom has a huge all-in-one HP printer/scanner/fax monstrosity that my late sister had bought but never used. She loves it as it has extensive photo printing capabilities (a Photosmart 3310). I kinda tolerate it since it has wired/wireless administration and remote printing...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 12, 13:29 OCZ Announces 64GB Vertex 4. jdreyer
  2. May 12, 13:47 Re: Saturday Tech Bits zirik
  3. May 12, 15:45 Re: Saturday Tech Bits D4rkKnight
  4. May 12, 16:24  Re: Saturday Tech Bits zirik
  5. May 12, 18:15  Re: Saturday Tech Bits jimnms
  6. May 12, 19:37   Re: Saturday Tech Bits Prez
  7. May 13, 01:54    Re: Saturday Tech Bits zirik
>> 8. May 13, 02:28     Re: Saturday Tech Bits Rigs
  12. May 14, 08:09      Re: Saturday Tech Bits DG
  9. May 13, 09:34 Re: Saturday Tech Bits Silicon Avatar