Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend

DICE announces they are handing out double the experience points for Battlefield 3 for those who play the military shooter sequel over this weekend. Here's how this works:

This weekend, play Battlefield 3 multiplayer and boost your rank faster! Beginning Saturday, May 12 at 12:01AM PST and continuing through Sunday, May 13 at 11:59PM PST, all soldiers in the Battlefield 3 brigade will earn double XP in matches across all maps and modes.

During the Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend players will continue to wage all-out-war in Battlefield 3 multiplayer. At the conclusion of each match, player’s total points for the round will be reflected in the end of round screen and classified as ‘ADDITIONAL POINT”. Double XP will be accrued across all ranked servers and matches.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 13, 2012, 11:31 theyarecomingforyou

I borrowed my brother's Origin account to try out Battlefield 3, as he never actually plays it. Anyway, the graphics really are incredible - some of the best I've seen. And it runs really smoothly as well. If it was on Steam I would definitely have bought it at release.

I wonder how long EA will continue its current policy of boycotting Steam. I really hope that Valve pulls an epic move and buys them up, so we can finally see some decent franchises get the treatment they deserve.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 21:49 Sepharo

.net_Drifter wrote on May 12, 2012, 21:48:
Kind of amused, in a way, since I seem to remember several months ago all the talk about how Battlefield was the real deal, MW3 sucked, etc.
And now?
It seems there's a lot of negativity about BF3 floating around.

It was that way before it was even released. I'd still take BF3 over MW3 any day though.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 21:48 .Drifter

Kind of amused, in a way, since I seem to remember several months ago all the talk about how Battlefield was the real deal, MW3 sucked, etc.
And now?
It seems there's a lot of negativity about BF3 floating around.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 14:01 Julio

Guess that ties with them regularly emailing me asking why I haven't played in a while.  

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 13:29 Zuckuss

PC players: Apologies for delay in your 2XP event. To give you a full weekend as planned, we're rescheduling this for May 26-27

OOPS!

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 09:55 fawker

DangerDog wrote on May 12, 2012, 02:12:
player count is taking a nose dive, but this won't help.

maybe they should patch it more often, and fix the really broken stuff asap

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 09:54 Crick

Of my friends that have it and don't play it's because they suck. They are much more likely to play a game that they can easily win. This is the same kind of BS that killed Warcraft, a bunch of lame complainers who need to be walked through easy leveling. I would pay to keep those babies out of my games.  

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 09:26 ItBurn

That would be cool if the game didn't freeze my computer.  

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 02:49 Jackplug

I cant be arsed reinstalling this shit..  

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 02:12 DangerDog

player count is taking a nose dive, but this won't help.  

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 12, 2012, 02:03 Ledge

tuddies wrote on May 11, 2012, 22:43:
thank you for the cookie, may i have another! BF3 rocks, but playing it on a friend's xbox made me want to slit my wrists! i'll take 1/10 XP just to go back to using keyboard/mouse! how do you people do it on consoles?!?!?

i keep asking the same question.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 11, 2012, 23:51 RailWizard

Some strange timing...  

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 11, 2012, 22:43 tuddies

thank you for the cookie, may i have another! BF3 rocks, but playing it on a friend's xbox made me want to slit my wrists! i'll take 1/10 XP just to go back to using keyboard/mouse! how do you people do it on consoles?!?!?  

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend May 11, 2012, 21:57 deqer

"Hello rats. Here is a cookie." (Please continue playing our game.)  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo