Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DARK Announced

Kalypso Media announces DARK, a vampire-themed third-person stealth/action game being developed by RealmForge for release on Windows and Xbox 360 early next year. Here are some DARK screenshots, and here's what to expect: "DARK is a stealth action game with RPG elements that lets you slip into the role of the ultimate killer… a vampire. Stalk you enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them! The exciting story of DARK immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time. As you unravel the mystery behind the global conglomerate that seems omnipresent and all-powerful, continually improve your character by developing powerful skills to aid you in remaining unobserved, or make quick process of those unfortunate to take too keen an interest in you." Here's a feature list:

• Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
  • Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
  • Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
  • Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
  • RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: DARK Announced May 13, 2012, 01:32 NKD

Drezden wrote on May 11, 2012, 21:21:
NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2012, 19:52:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 11, 2012, 15:28:
That's because there is no AA on the xbox.

Sure there is.

Aliterate Assholes? Oh yeah, plenty of those on the Xbox. It's why I never wore my headset.

Illiterate. Subtle difference.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2012, 01:46.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: DARK Announced May 12, 2012, 10:14 Fletch

Third-person?

Pass.

19. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 22:30 WyldKat

I thought we were over the one word titles in all caps? I guess they didn't get the MEMO.

This looks like a budget version of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Here's what you do, take the $5 you were going to spend on preordering this, go buy Bloodlines on GOG or Steam or whatever else, download the fan patches, and enjoy a Vampire CRPG experience second to none. Yes you can also,"Stalk you enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them!" Yes, Stalk you enemies...

18. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 21:21 Trevellian

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2012, 19:52:

Sure there is.

Aliterate Assholes? Oh yeah, plenty of those on the Xbox. It's why I never wore my headset.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

17. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 20:29 SectorEffector

I forcast a bad game that has little to no replay value, but I'm not always right. Just most of the time...  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

16. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 19:52 NegaDeath

Sure there is.

15. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 19:49 Rea1One

Looks awesome, can't wait to play it.  

14. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 19:23 ColoradoHoudini

Cell shading or that weird look in general is the one major strike I have against Firefall.
The game would look 10x better if they made it look more modern, kinda like Tribes or whatever a new version of UT would look like.

Well, the second strike is the complete lack of open world PvP in a MMOShooter.

back on topic gents!

13. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 18:30 Ray Marden

Meh...

The art style looks a bit inconsistent, I am not a big fan of the cell shading, the game is definitely more green than dark, and this really does not do much to sell the game.
What is special about it?
Worse, it makes me think about numerous other games - The Darkness II, Deus Ex: Human Revolution,Vampire: The Masquerade, etc.

Thinking this is just a game about some dude walking around,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

12. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 16:05 DangerDog

Looks like they should have called it GREEN.

I don't mind cell shading if it's done right, borderlands, but this looks bad from the start.

/sarcasm

hurray for button mashing quicktime events (Press Y to kill)

/sarcasm

11. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 15:28 SpectralMeat

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2012, 12:26:
I think they forgot to turn the AA on.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 15:19 jacobvandy

Kalypso is the publisher, this is being developed by RealmForge, the guys who did DUNGEONS. Apparently they like putting their titles in all-caps.  

9. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 13:06 Trevellian

Dear RealmForge.

Your game looks like recycled feces. You should work for Activision.

Yours Truly
Drezden

This comment was edited on May 11, 2012, 17:45.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

8. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 12:26 NegaDeath

I think they forgot to turn the AA on.  

7. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 12:19 Yakubs

Personally, I don't start getting excited about a new game until I find out what kind of pre-order bonus and 0-day DLC is available.  

6. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 11:53 Cutter

It's amazing how bad 360 games look now. Couple with how hackneyed this game sounds like = definite pass.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 11:28 TychoCelchuuu

I'm glad that RealmForge has the courage to finally make a game where you play as a generic white guy wearing a hoodie. There's really a lack of those characters in videogames and I'll be really thrilled to get the chance to step inside what I'm sure will be a pretty amazing narrative.  

4. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 11:16 ItBurn

InBlack wrote on May 11, 2012, 09:57:
Deja Vu....Deja Vu....Wasnt there a game similar to this before....ahhh yeah...Vampire the Masquerade....

Are you crazy? This looks like linear third person brawler console crap.

3. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 10:18 Yakubs

Yawn.  

2. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 10:09 wtf_man

God Damn cel-shaded crap. I hate that shit.

At least give people the option to turn-off or greatly reduce the frickin; "thick outline".
(Like Borderlands mods)

This comment was edited on May 11, 2012, 10:20.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo