Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer

Here's a new trailer from Game of Thrones: The Game (French accent warning, though subtitles are provided). There's an old saying in Westeros: "What goes on behind the wall, stays behind the wall," but this trailer disregards that rule, as word is: "Narrated by Project Director Thomas Veauclin and Lead Game Designer Sylvain Sechi from Cyanide Studio, 'Behind the Wall' explains how the role-playing game set in the famous A Song of Ice and Fire universe was born. The pair discuss working with author George R.R. Martin to produce a game faithful to the universe he imagined, and how the TV series produced by HBO has influenced their work."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 12, 2012, 12:31 saluk

Honestly if the storyline is halfway decent and the combat doesn't make me want to gouge my eyeballs out, this will probably be worth playing for me. I'm not expecting much, but it does sound like at least they have been working on it for a while and it has some heart.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 12, 2012, 06:05 Ozmodan

Basically going to be a POS. Of course everyone will try it, expecting it to be a lot more than it is and then whine all over the internet about it.  

11. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 12, 2012, 04:37 KilrathiAce

Sigh, these "cash grab" games remind me of those cheesy movies that are titled close to big block busters in hopes of cashing in on the similar name.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

10. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 12, 2012, 03:29 Jerykk

Could this be the next Witcher? From what I've seen and read, probably not, but who knows.  

9. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 21:05 Umbragen

Flatline wrote on May 11, 2012, 13:19:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2012, 11:59:
If George is so passionate about the series he should bloody well finish it instead of playing rockstar.

You'll appreciate this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ZeaS_QJ8w

That's fucking brilliant.

8. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 19:00 entr0py

I always suspected that Cyanide Studio massively lucked out and got the rights to the game well before the HBO series, and this confirms it. Honestly, I hope it was just a two game deal and the property can now be passed on to some more capable developer. They just don't have a good track record or much of a budget.

http://www.metacritic.com/company/cyanide?page=0

7. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 15:52 beigemore

I'm glad they started this before the tv show became big.  

6. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 15:29 Slashman

Teddy wrote on May 11, 2012, 14:08:
MacLeod wrote on May 11, 2012, 12:19:
If George is so passionate about the series he should bloody well finish it instead of playing rockstar.

Yea, really. I'm concerned that he's going to croak before he finishes the damn thing. Then we'll get someone like Kevin J. Anderson to finish the series and I'll have to smash my head in trying to read it.

Then again, I'm sure even if he finishes it, KJA (and maybe, deciding to branch out from ruining his father's works, Brian Herbert) will decide to write prequel and sequel books that were found on spiral notebooks buried under the floor of his house with notes for another 5 book ideas.

Man, am I bitter over those crappy Dune prequel/sequel novels.

The scary thing is George RR Martin has said multiple times that he hates the procedure traditionally involved in writing. He doesn't do notebooks full of stuff, character boards, plot charts, or anything of the sort. It's all in his head. So if his mind goes (one way or the other) then so do the vast majority of the details on what was intended for future books.

It's also probably why it takes him so long to write a damn book, but then for all we know, it's part of what makes his books so good.

This sounds like we're headed for disaster...

5. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 14:08 Teddy

MacLeod wrote on May 11, 2012, 12:19:

Yea, really. I'm concerned that he's going to croak before he finishes the damn thing. Then we'll get someone like Kevin J. Anderson to finish the series and I'll have to smash my head in trying to read it.

Then again, I'm sure even if he finishes it, KJA (and maybe, deciding to branch out from ruining his father's works, Brian Herbert) will decide to write prequel and sequel books that were found on spiral notebooks buried under the floor of his house with notes for another 5 book ideas.

The scary thing is George RR Martin has said multiple times that he hates the procedure traditionally involved in writing. He doesn't do notebooks full of stuff, character boards, plot charts, or anything of the sort. It's all in his head. So if his mind goes (one way or the other) then so do the vast majority of the details on what was intended for future books.

It's also probably why it takes him so long to write a damn book, but then for all we know, it's part of what makes his books so good.

4. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 13:19 Flatline

You'll appreciate this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ZeaS_QJ8w

3. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 12:19 MacLeod

2. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 11:59 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Trailer May 11, 2012, 10:41 MacLeod

I was watching the trailer for this game on Steam last night (different than this one, it was just gameplay/cut scene footage... no voiceover).

Not sure if the game is going to be any good. I'll wait for some reviews or a demo, but I really liked the way they took the main music theme of the HBO show and actually changed it around. At first I thought they were just kind of paying homage to the show theme, but as it went on you could actually hear the main theme rearranged in the undercurrent of the music.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo