Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin' Creed III Trailer

Here's a new trailer for Assassin' Creed III, Ubisoft's upcoming action/stealth sequel. Word is: "The newest trailer for Assassin's Creed III gives a deeper look at the franchise's new hero. Trapped between two worlds, Connor dons the mantle of the Assassin in the fight for justice against the Templars. Sentinel, outsider, and champion, Connor defends the land against those who would infringe upon freedom and liberty."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 18:43 Charlie_Six

i'm 99% sure that Ubisoft always says that the combat will be better in the next AC game.  
Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 15:14 xXBatmanXx

Having only played the first one....seems like these games are running dry of content....I dunno. FEELS like there is a new one every few months. I have 2 others to play, just haven't played them yet.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 13:23 Creston

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2012, 00:13:
I like the setting but the gameplay doesn't really look any different from the previous games. Climbing and jumping through the trees will very likely be a matter of holding down a couple of buttons, just like in the previous games. Succeeding in combat will likely consist of holding down Block and then pressing Counter when enemies take turns attacking you, just like in the previous games. The AC games are simply too automated to be compelling to me.

They've actually said that combat will no longer be about blocking and hitting counter. In fact, while you COULD play that way in Brotherhood and Revelation, it was an utter waste of time. Using kill-combos was far, far, FAR more efficient and FAR more fun.

After the thoroughly "meh" Revelations, I wasn't going to get AC3, but pretty much everything I've seen so far has made me pretty damn excited to actually play it.

Creston

6. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 03:49 Charlie_Six

i feel the same way. I don't know why they can't un-automate things for higher difficulty settings or something.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

5. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 00:46 Bumpy

The cocaine jar is interesting but this trailer leaves me emotionless. I have a gut feeling this will be the worst of the series.  

4. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 11, 2012, 00:13 Jerykk

I like the setting but the gameplay doesn't really look any different from the previous games. Climbing and jumping through the trees will very likely be a matter of holding down a couple of buttons, just like in the previous games. Succeeding in combat will likely consist of holding down Block and then pressing Counter when enemies take turns attacking you, just like in the previous games. The AC games are simply too automated to be compelling to me.  

3. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 10, 2012, 23:52 space captain

have a look at this cocaine jar

fun fact: people in the 1700s used to keep jars of cocaine on hand, it was a normal thing

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 10, 2012, 21:31 Cutter

Something is wrong with the mov, Blue. It keeps crapping out about 30 secs in.

Here's the link to the official trailer for this till you get it fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ke_1yd1nAE

I'm really looking forward to this. Really excited about the setting.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 10, 2012, 21:27 Wallshadows

Huh, the video just bombs out at 27 seconds.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo