Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Hardware Reviews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 23:41 Bucky

Jerykk wrote on May 10, 2012, 19:39:
If ATI wants to compete with Nvidia, not only do they need to lower their prices but they need to greatly improve their drivers and work more with developers. It's pretty ridiculous when a game that's officially sponsored by ATI (like Saints Row 3) runs significantly better on Nvidia hardware. There are just too many games that aren't properly optimized for ATI cards.

My last two card were ATI/AMD, but I finally got fed up with their drivers. I was purchasing nVidia for my next card whether or not it turned out to be the best card, fortunately for me it seems that nVidia has soundly beaten AMD this round.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 20:19 4D-Boxing

Boston wrote on May 10, 2012, 18:07:
Wow, about the same speed as hd7970 at nearly $100 cheaper? Bad news for AMD. I expect another price cut announcement in the very near future.

Very bad news especially since the 680 is really a rebadged 670. The GK110 was supposed to be there big gun or 680 but they realized their 670 (GK104) was as fast or faster than an AMDs 7970.

Those 670 sure looks sweet. They can reach 680 performance or close if overclocked.

5. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 19:39 Jerykk

If ATI wants to compete with Nvidia, not only do they need to lower their prices but they need to greatly improve their drivers and work more with developers. It's pretty ridiculous when a game that's officially sponsored by ATI (like Saints Row 3) runs significantly better on Nvidia hardware. There are just too many games that aren't properly optimized for ATI cards.  

4. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 18:07 Boston

Wow, about the same speed as hd7970 at nearly $100 cheaper? Bad news for AMD. I expect another price cut announcement in the very near future.  

3. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 17:22 jdreyer

Yeah, I've been waiting for the 670 launch too. I'll be picking up an Ivy Bridge and throwing one of these in it.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 15:02 eunichron

I'm still waiting, but the 670 is right at my price point. It still seems like the cards are limited by RAM. It looks like Nvidia has allowed manufacturers to put out custom offerings off the bat with the 670 though, so hopefully someone puts out a 3GB or 4GB card soon.  

1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 10, 2012, 14:30 Bucky

And I just got my GTX 680 today. Oh well, it's not like I was trying to save money on the new rig anyway.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo