Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has details on new DLC coming to The Binding Of Isaac this month (thanks Batman). This trailer shows off the pack, which is expected on May 28th, and here's a feature list:

• 100+ new items
  • 5+ new chapters
  • 20+ new enemies
  • 25 new achievements
  • 15+ new bosses
  • 6+ new room types
  • 6+ new mysterious item drops (eternal hearts, playing cards, dimes and more!)
  • 5+ new music tracks by Danny B
  • A new item type, Trinkets
  • A new challenge mode with 10 unique challenges (that unlock more content)
  • A new unlockable character, Samson (The Beserker)
  • A new final (final) chapter and boss with new endings
  • Tons of new random happenings, curses, blessings, npcs, fortune tellers and more
  • Also more super secrets than you’d probably expect… good luck finding them all.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 23:41 Kitkoan

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:37:
Kitkoan wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:03:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 18:27:
saluk wrote on May 10, 2012, 17:25:
I want to play this game. Slowdowns make it not fun, I would rather they fix that than add more stuff I still can't see.

? Even Zelda slows down in some areas....and I still fire that up and have a blast.

Zela slowed to a walking pace, this game slows to a crawl and sometimes into the fetal position...

Ouch. Mine doesn't slow that much even on my crappy laptop....

I've had it slow pretty badly on windows, crawling into the fetal position is more when I ran it on Linux (had a 2 second delay?)

*edit* Anyone know if there will be any hope of getting this for Linux? Or more of a "when Steam is on Linux, hope it has Steam Play?"

This comment was edited on May 10, 2012, 23:50.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 23:37 xXBatmanXx

Kitkoan wrote on May 10, 2012, 23:03:
I want to play this game. Slowdowns make it not fun, I would rather they fix that than add more stuff I still can't see.

? Even Zelda slows down in some areas....and I still fire that up and have a blast.

Zela slowed to a walking pace, this game slows to a crawl and sometimes into the fetal position...

Ouch. Mine doesn't slow that much even on my crappy laptop....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 23:03 Kitkoan

15. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 18:27 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

14. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 17:25 saluk

13. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 16:59 xXBatmanXx

killer_roach wrote on May 10, 2012, 15:59:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 14:14:
I think it is harder after each one. I was playing on the laptop and the first few levels were super easy. Now the first levels are sometimes very difficult out of the gate.

I'm remembering in particular after the "Everything's Terrible!" achievement unlocks that it mentions something about the difficulty spike.

From looking it up, that's after six times through.

Guess I will check it out....

So I just finished "End 5" which would be the 6th. Got the Fetus in the Jar. So I assume after "End 6" it gets harder. That last playthrough I had a slow moving character, but powerful, and took me 50 minutes.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2012, 17:55.

12. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 15:59 killer_roach

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 14:14:
I think it is harder after each one. I was playing on the laptop and the first few levels were super easy. Now the first levels are sometimes very difficult out of the gate.

I'm remembering in particular after the "Everything's Terrible!" achievement unlocks that it mentions something about the difficulty spike.

From looking it up, that's after six times through.

11. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 14:14 xXBatmanXx

killer_roach wrote on May 10, 2012, 13:37:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 11:50:
Crahed through 5 playthroughs last night. Man you have to get damn lucky to get a powerful character to get through it. If you don't get any tear upgrades or minions, it takes a really long time to kill some of the bosses.

Although, using the Bible was quick and easy. Probably my quickest playthrough at around 40 minutes.

If I recall correctly, it's after five playthroughs that the difficulty starts ramping up...

10. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 13:37 killer_roach

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 10, 2012, 11:50:
Crahed through 5 playthroughs last night. Man you have to get damn lucky to get a powerful character to get through it. If you don't get any tear upgrades or minions, it takes a really long time to kill some of the bosses.

Although, using the Bible was quick and easy. Probably my quickest playthrough at around 40 minutes.

If I recall correctly, it's after five playthroughs that the difficulty starts ramping up...

9. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 11:50 xXBatmanXx

8. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 02:23 Esoteric

nin wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:15:
Still no gamepad support?

Xpadder. It's easy.

7. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 02:22 Esoteric

Awesome game. Got it on a sale for like $1.24 or something. Would have paid $10. Awesome price for a great DLC. When it does run crappy (only when there's lots of things on the screen) I just consider it like bullet-time. Everything is slow, including enemies, so it actually gives you more time to think.  

6. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 02:11 reisub

More BoI? Who could say no?

Slows down on my laptop too, even with the anti-aliasing (quality) on medium. I got used to it though.

5. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 01:39 Rattlehead

Absolutely cannot wait BoI is one of my favorite games of the year. 96 hours clocked in with everything unlocked except the Dark Boy achievement.

4. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 10, 2012, 00:44 xXBatmanXx

I am enjoying the hell out of it. Played on the laptop when it was wife's turn to drive on the trip. Now at home, since I wasn't in the Steam cloud, I had to continue a different game, which is fine, the game is huge. Takes more than 12 playthroughs to get the endings.

Be nice if there was gamepad support, but the controls are easy enough, even for someone who hates them. It is worth it to play.

I notice some slow down on my laptop as well, I just turned down the settings/graphics.

3. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 9, 2012, 23:23 Kitkoan

nin wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:15:

Flash issue I think

2. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 9, 2012, 23:15 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: The Binding Of Isaac DLC This Month May 9, 2012, 23:07 Kitkoan

I just wish it would be re-written so it wasn't made with Flash or at least preformed better.

It has a tendency to make my laptop slow to like 10 FPS, and I'm not running a weak laptop.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo