Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 21:56 Mr. Tact

The limited size of the world in the Xbox version really keeps it from being true Minecraft...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 12:25 Verno

PHJF wrote on May 9, 2012, 11:35:
Atlus has been around for twenty years, what makes you think they are going anywhere?

They aren't a big margin company and often struggle to get more a few print runs done on niche titles. They started having money problems back in 2009, not sure where things stand these days though. Just stuff I've seen on a few sites and heard on gamasutra. I really like Atlus and hope they stick around, they tend to bring over a lot of games to North America that would never see the light of day otherwise.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 12:04 avianflu

Atlus continues to make fun (and sometimes mindless) turn-based games for the DS.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 11:35 PHJF

Atlus has been around for twenty years, what makes you think they are going anywhere?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 11:29 Verno

Yeah I kept thinking the same thing when I saw that server announcement but someone reminded me in a previous thread that it's two different publishers, Atlus for Demons Souls and Namco-Bandai for Dark Souls. Atlus is a pretty small company that seems to be always on the edge of going under but that doesn't excuse their behavior, Demons Souls was a very profitable title for them and the server costs are insignificant.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 11:11 xXBatmanXx

Dark Souls sells 1.19m units.

Seems like they could take over the Demon's Souls servers, tear off some of that profit and keep the servers up!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 9, 2012, 11:10 Verno

Glad to see Dark Souls doing well despite the challenges of selling that sort of title in todays easy/railed story game market.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo