Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

League of Legends Bans

League of Legends Forums announce that Riot Games has closed what they are calling the "mastery exploit" in League of Legends, describing how seriously they take cheating and what a high priority they placed on implementing a fix, and how this includes "some redundancy which will prevent similar exploits in the future." The post concludes with an update saying they have identified players taking advantage of this and are taking action against them, and will also continue to investigate to identify players negatively affected by this to make things right. The post doesn't outline the punishment they are meting out, but the subject line of the post is "Mastery Exploit Fixed: Players Banned." Thanks GameSpot.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 09:16 eRe4s3r

The problem is that good groups who might even be the majority are really not the problem ;p The problem is the bad group you are inevitably going to run into that sours the experience. I mean sure moderation in chat and game helps, but you can't punish people for being egoistical dicks, you'd have to ban half a games population.

You can find that in any team based game I guess. It's just that to me, it feels like F2P games like LOL and now TF2 too draw in huge assholes by the boat load. In TF2 at least server admins can hold against it (and that makes a huge difference!) but it's one of the reasons I really hate F2P games.

As for bluesnews ... I don't see this as a bad environment. I would wager not many /obligatory meme\ 13 year olds post here

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 08:51 Kajetan

MrGrosser wrote on May 8, 2012, 08:26:
I guess of lot of it is truly what our society has become. Spoiled brats that get what they want and when they don't, they quit. AMURICA!
You just stumbled upon the usual range of idiots every society has. No need be become old and depressive

8. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 08:42 Viranth

I've seen that behavior in a lot of games as well. But I've played some fantastic matches with some really nice people. I mostly ignore what's going on in the chat while the game is playing, maybe joke around a little if something funny happens, but harmless fun and not trolling or anything like that.

Leavers/feeders/quitters/surrenders/afkers are so annoying. I've had my team do well and then someone initiates vote for surrender, or complain we're going to lose etc, then we get a few good teamfights and turn it around to victory. Or the other way around, where you have cocky people going for an "easy" kill, only to get ganked and then then the opposing team turns it around to their advantage.

Shows that no matter how bleak the outcome, or how well it seems to be going, don't give up. Keep farming, support your team and don't make mistakes!

7. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 08:26 MrGrosser

I played this game for quite a while, even got around 250 referrals, but you guys are spot on. The community is nothing but trolls. I had resorted to playing nothing but Bot games so there was no little to no chance of losing, even if someone was really bad or someone forgot they had to do their homework before getting their computer privileges. Alot of the kids playing this are subscribed to the mentality if their team falls behind, quit/surrender and get into another game that you'll hopefully have a better team. Not many are willing to accept what is coming. I guess of lot of it is truly what our society has become. Spoiled brats that get what they want and when they don't, they quit. AMURICA!  

6. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 06:59 ibm

eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2012, 21:50:
Wow I took the time to read the forums (not this particular topic) and i have to say... that is one of the worst communities I ever had the displeasure to read a forum of Heck, it puts gamespot forums to shame.

Coming from a fellow Bluesnews poster it must be bad then!

5. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 06:57 Iurand

Jerykk wrote on May 7, 2012, 23:45:
MOBA games tend to have pretty hostile communities, especially when it comes to newbs. Since the team sizes are so small, a single bad player can throw the match and that can be frustrating.

More or less regular boosts and nerfs should fix that problem, IMO.

4. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 05:17 Veterator

Pretty much universal in all games that don't have an active admin on the server.

Hell TF2 has been around for ages and people are vile. Tribes Ascend, lots of mouthy people who play against lesser ranks just to complain about them.

Surest way to kill the longevity of a game is an uncontrolled player base. Im waiting to see what it does to Tribes, but TF2 with admin controls at least let's people shop around.

3. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 01:50 Viranth

I've been playing LOL for a few months, excellent game! But like Jerykk says, one bad player can ruin the game for everyone.

You kind of expect it in Normal matches, but it seems to be even worse in ranked matches some times.

2. Re: League of Legends Bans May 7, 2012, 23:45 Jerykk

MOBA games tend to have pretty hostile communities, especially when it comes to newbs. Since the team sizes are so small, a single bad player can throw the match and that can be frustrating. Also, being F2P means there are no barriers to entry and thus, nothing to filter out the obnoxious kids and idiots.  

1. Re: League of Legends Bans May 7, 2012, 21:50 eRe4s3r

Wow I took the time to read the forums (not this particular topic) and i have to say... that is one of the worst communities I ever had the displeasure to read a forum of Heck, it puts gamespot forums to shame.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo