Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Interview

A video interview on Games On Net talks with Jay Wilson of Blizzard about Diablo III and "why item acquisition is more important than ladders, how they plan to handle latency for Australians, and why they will not incorporate an 'offline mode." They also have a blurb up about some comments Wilson made about the stand he took against changing the visual perspective in the action/RPG sequel that's due for release next week: "Very early on in the process we had some people who argued that we should not make the game isometric, that it would be better technology, more modern, if we made a third or first-person game," said Wilson. "I really would have nothing of it. For me a camera is not a technology choice, there's more than enough first and third-person games out there."

View
134 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

134. Re: Diablo III Interview May 12, 2012, 22:44 Slippy

ASeven wrote on May 12, 2012, 21:27:
D3 ending has leaked to Youtube.

It's... well... not good.
I will resist the urge to look it up. ;-)

It may very well be the first time my will power (like hot butter) holds fast.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

133. Re: Diablo III Interview May 12, 2012, 21:33 ASeven

nin wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:06:
Goddammit, I'm hungry now. Why'd you have to bring pancakes into this?!

Pancakes? Fuck the pancakes! Bring me waffles!

132. Re: Diablo III Interview May 12, 2012, 21:27 ASeven

D3 ending has leaked to Youtube.

It's... well... not good.

131. Re: Diablo III Interview May 12, 2012, 17:28 theyarecomingforyou

Slippy wrote on May 12, 2012, 08:39:
yup, yup... same with the digital copy. Best you can do to prepare is uninstall the Beta and have the other on stand-by.
I guess a defrag can't hurt either ;-)
Already defragged and I've left the disc in my drive (it's not like I ever normally use my optical drive).

Slippy wrote on May 12, 2012, 08:39:
BTW... killer specs on your rig Theyarecomingforyou!
Yeah, cheers. I was originally only planning to grab a single GTX680 but 2560x1600 is a lot more demanding that I expected. I know many people go for triple monitors or 120Hz but I much prefer a single, large monitor. Gaming at 2560x1600 is awesome and the extra resolution is great on the desktop as well.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

130. Re: Diablo III Interview May 12, 2012, 08:39 Slippy

yup, yup... same with the digital copy. Best you can do to prepare is uninstall the Beta and have the other on stand-by.
I guess a defrag can't hurt either ;-)

BTW... killer specs on your rig Theyarecomingforyou!

129. Re: Diablo III Interview May 12, 2012, 08:32 theyarecomingforyou

My copy of Diablo III has arrived but I can't install it yet. It just says: "The fire from the sky still falls. Diablo III has not yet launched".

I activated the serial on Battle.net, so now I'm just waiting for the game to launch. Still, I'd rather have been able to install the game even if I couldn't play it until launch.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

128. Re: Diablo III Interview May 11, 2012, 22:11 Slippy

I've had it!

I just tried to get on Steam to play a SINGLE PLAYER game (Fallout 3) that I have been using to kill time and the freaking network is down from my location! Now I can't play a game that I paid for!

I can't wait until D3 comes out and I don't have to deal with this crap anymore! Furious2

127. Re: Diablo III Interview May 11, 2012, 18:07 Slippy

Verno wrote on May 11, 2012, 08:39:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black
Yes but if that pot had a huge helping of chicken and hoe-made dumplings... and said kettle contained melted chocolate, milk and sugar (ala. hoe-made hot choco)... we could keep the IHOP reference going... Worship

126. Re: Diablo III Interview May 11, 2012, 16:48 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on May 11, 2012, 08:39:
To add to that, the complaints are legit in regards to the multitude of shittastic design decisions Blizzard has made in regards to Diablo 3.

I don't necessarily disagree, I can see why the game would be troubling to some people. At this point though I don't see much changing so people really do need to vote with their wallet. Most of the problems are ones that won't affect me but I certainly sympathize with others.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

To be fair Verno, I think everyone who's a regular here has done the same thing more than once.

125. Re: Diablo III Interview May 11, 2012, 08:39 Verno

To add to that, the complaints are legit in regards to the multitude of shittastic design decisions Blizzard has made in regards to Diablo 3.

I don't necessarily disagree, I can see why the game would be troubling to some people. At this point though I don't see much changing so people really do need to vote with their wallet. Most of the problems are ones that won't affect me but I certainly sympathize with others.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

This comment was edited on May 11, 2012, 09:32.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

124. Re: Diablo III Interview May 11, 2012, 01:41 Quinn

I'm sorry, but that switch from arguing to talking about pancakes and french desserts was so good that Zac Brown Band just started playing in my head...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

123. Re: Diablo III Interview May 11, 2012, 01:28 Quinn

And a lil' bit of chicken fried, a cold beer on a friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right, and the radio on!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

122. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 23:47 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:06:

I am too now...shit.....I prefer french toast...and this place by me has Crem Brulee French Toast that is fuggin awesome....

http://www.macsindustrial.com/breakfast.php

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

121. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 21:06 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

120. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 21:03 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on May 10, 2012, 12:12:
Really unnecessary and uncool man.

True enough, I was pretty pissy when I wrote it and for what it's worth, sorry Bats. Still though it's funny that I'm sure I've seen Bats complain about games before, and really no one is holding a gun to his head forcing him to read people's complaints.

119. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 21:00 Slippy

Undocumented Alien wrote on May 10, 2012, 20:47:
Would you understand this better if we used pancakes as an example?

ROTFLMAO! You guys are too much... Rotfl

Honestly though UA... it would have been even funnier if you had left the little (offline) (online) out... just to see who would have understood it... then replace the eggplant with pancakes and work some butter and whoopin-cream into it... LOL!

[yoda]Play in single player mode, I can not...[/yoda]

118. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 20:47 Undocumented Alien

If you didn't like eggplant, why would you eat it every chance you had and just keep complaining about how bad it tastes?

Because we have ordered the "Eggplant" twice before and we could take it home to eat (Offline), now the "Eggplant" has to be eaten at the restaurant (online), and there is no real reason to have changed the policy.

Would you understand this better if we used pancakes as an example?

117. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 20:39 Bhruic

If you didn't like eggplant, why would you eat it every chance you had and just keep complaining about how bad it tastes?

I'm not sure what this is supposed to be an analogy of? Is it supposed to be about the game? That wouldn't make sense, as no one who hated D1/D2 is in here complaining about D3. If it's about Krovven, it fails at the "eat" stage, as people aren't begging for him to keep posting.

So was that analogy actually supposed to make sense, or did you just randomly throw it out there?

116. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 20:28 Slippy

Oh almost forgot...
Quinn wrote on May 10, 2012, 01:17:
Slippy wrote on May 9, 2012, 22:29:
Slippy wrote on May 7, 2012, 10:16:
You seem to have a bit of a superiority complex by the way you post… that might be what drives Krovven xXBatmanXx nuts and makes him want to attack you… but who am I…
See what I mean...

Indeed

Oh well. I said what I meant.
Quinn wrote on May 10, 2012, 16:05:
Like I said... you're full of shit.

It's OK Quinn, self-improvement is a waste of time for someone of your ominous status and overshadowing online presence... no point in even trying.

115. Re: Diablo III Interview May 10, 2012, 20:20 Slippy

Like Krovven or not...
you guys have succeeded in making him one of the most quoted posters on Blues...

congratz Krovven! Allthumbsup

134 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo