Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 21:25 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2012, 18:51:
How anyone can be happy with being vastly overcharged for their phone service is beyond me. In the middle-east cel service is $8 a month for unlimited everything.

I need a new cell. Anyone got any recs for a $200 or less android phone?

With or without contract?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 20:09 Closed Betas

PropheT wrote on May 7, 2012, 15:17:
eunichron wrote on May 7, 2012, 13:11:
I've been with Verizon since 2003, in two different states, and honestly I couldn't be happier with them. I've never had a billing issue, service is excellent, every time I've upgraded my phone it's gone without a hitch, and they grandfathered in my unlimited 3G plan when I upgraded to a 4G phone.

Of course I haven't tried any other carrier so I can't compare, but in 9 years I haven't had a reason to change.

Same for me.

When I did get my latest phone they steered my wife away from buying an iPhone, but the reasons they gave make a lot more sense than just if they're steering people toward 4G devices; Verizon doesn't provide warranty service, Apple does, and a number of other issues that prevent Verizon from doing much other than just selling the phone to people and letting everyone else handle supporting it afterward.

Apple charges 5 times the price for everything, they can give you 4 warranties for no loss. Ever wonder why a 250 gig MAC hard drive was
$400 and a 1tb pc drive was $99? Bottom line its the same drive.. MACS are mostly all pc's now lol

15. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 20:04 Closed Betas

Dev wrote on May 7, 2012, 16:55:
Every additional megabyte you use in this network, I have to invest capital."

Ohhh pooor CEO baby.

So frigging invest the capital and expand already! You've got the money, use it already. As I recall, you've gotten lots of government money and tax breaks to do just that. And you are making more than enough on text messages which take almost no bandwidth, to put it into expanding.

Does this mean AT&T always owned Tmobile? Im really confused.
I just cancelled my Tmobile 5 months ago because they throttled me on a unlimited bandwidth account. They told me they NEVER had a unlimited plan (yada yada yada) and told me I was nuts.. What a scam, i should take this article and them to court.. Obvious scammers and they just gave me the proof...
Do yourself a favor, and dtay far away from AT&T... This company is pure evil.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 19:55 WarpCrow

As if we didn't know what the business model was. Provide as little as possible, charge as much as possible, quality and consumer satisfaction be damned. It's not like most people have very many alternatives.  

13. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 19:14 Tigger

AT&T CEO Regrets Ever Offering Unlimited Data.

Bet you he wasn't saying that when AT&T was the only place you could buy an iPhone.

Edit: For grammer

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

12. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 18:51 Cutter

How anyone can be happy with being vastly overcharged for their phone service is beyond me. In the middle-east cel service is $8 a month for unlimited everything.

I need a new cell. Anyone got any recs for a $200 or less android phone?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 17:50 Ray Marden

AT&T's current CEO has released a number of statements primarily focusing on his greed in the past few months - this is just another example.

Our current contracts are up in August and I have already been looking around. The funny/sad thing is that, even with making no change to my plan, I can expect to pay 15% more if I remain with Verizon. With the same exact service.

I looked at a AT&T and, non-shockingly, its rates are equal to what Verizon, its "competitor," is offering. If I want to cut my bill down at all, I need to look at gutting service or trying out one of the smaller carriers.
Wah wah wah! I need the waaaahhhmmmbulance!
Wishing the various phones worked on actually improving call quality,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 17:31 space captain

im really concerned about some mega-rich asshole's regrets

its important stuff

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 16:55 Dev

Every additional megabyte you use in this network, I have to invest capital."

Ohhh pooor CEO baby.

So frigging invest the capital and expand already! You've got the money, use it already. As I recall, you've gotten lots of government money and tax breaks to do just that. And you are making more than enough on text messages which take almost no bandwidth, to put it into expanding.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 15:55 Scheherazade

Bet wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:23:

Wonder how many people like their wireless carrier. ...

I'm happy with t-mobile.

-scheherazade

7. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 15:48 mag

I think the biggest reason they don't want you to buy an iPhone is pretty simple. Apple charges a lot of money for an iPhone. They are required to offer them at one and only one subsidized price. They can make a lot more money off of Android phones.  

6. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 15:17 PropheT

eunichron wrote on May 7, 2012, 13:11:
I've been with Verizon since 2003, in two different states, and honestly I couldn't be happier with them. I've never had a billing issue, service is excellent, every time I've upgraded my phone it's gone without a hitch, and they grandfathered in my unlimited 3G plan when I upgraded to a 4G phone.

Of course I haven't tried any other carrier so I can't compare, but in 9 years I haven't had a reason to change.

Same for me.

When I did get my latest phone they steered my wife away from buying an iPhone, but the reasons they gave make a lot more sense than just if they're steering people toward 4G devices; Verizon doesn't provide warranty service, Apple does, and a number of other issues that prevent Verizon from doing much other than just selling the phone to people and letting everyone else handle supporting it afterward.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 13:11 eunichron

Bet wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:23:
I absolutely loathe being a Verizon subscriber

4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 11:23 Bet

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 7, 2012, 10:58:
I dislike that I am an AT&T customer.

Unfortunately, where I live, they are pretty much the only game in town if you want more than one bar of Edge service.
Wonder how many people like their wireless carrier. I absolutely loathe being a Verizon subscriber, but their 4G LTE service is the first mobile network with speeds that don't leave me tapping my foot in impatience (having been accustomed to at least cable modem speed since 1999).

Seems like they're actually doing something for the public good by pointing users to 4G android devices in this instance, if not just themselves. I say that now, before they need to step up and do the first upgrades to their LTE hardware. Time will tell if they pull an AT&T and oversell their bandwidth, even with the no-brainer evolutionary promise that LTE provides. Still costs $$$ to raise the bar down the road...

3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 10:58 Burrito of Peace

I dislike that I am an AT&T customer.

Unfortunately, where I live, they are pretty much the only game in town if you want more than one bar of Edge service.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 10:34 EricFate

Much like I regret ever being an AT&T customer.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 7, 2012, 10:12 Verno

AT&T CEO Regrets Ever Offering Unlimited Data.

Yes, selling something you lack the capacity to offer is very troublesome.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo