Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's accounting of the ten bestselling games on Steam for the past week:

1. Sniper Elite V2
  2. Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3
  3. Arkham Bundle
  4. The Walking Dead
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  6. Torchlight II
  7. Bastion
  8. Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants
  9. Toy Soldiers
  10. Risen 2 Dark Waters

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 15:55 Orogogus

deqer wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:04:
I honestly can't believe Torchlight II isn't #1. I guess people are buying it from elsewhere, or they haven't been watching the live beta stream

Alternatively, the game isn't out yet and the preorder incentive is pretty lame.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 15:36 Dades

That Torchlight 2 stream looks really good, thanks for linking it.  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 15:12 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:55:
I honestly can't believe Torchlight II isn't #1. I guess people are buying it from elsewhere, or they haven't been watching the live beta stream ( http://www.twitch.tv/iitiamatii ) with the devs and know that it's an awesome DRM-less game made by the creators of diablo 2 with same original musician from diablo 2, and is moddable via the Runic editor(that comes with it) for many awesome mods to come, and much much more.

Could you try to sell Torchlight II any harder if you tried? I'll pick up Torchlight II on sale some day, but damn you sound like you were payed to post your message.
It IS possible to enjoy the game and be enthused.

I doubt torchlight devs could afford to pay people to do that, they are a small company. Thats stuff more that EA or activision would do. Their advertising budget would be much better spent putting ads on the popular gaming sites that people visit, get exposure (especially ones where diablo 3 fans hang out). A crapton of gamers know D3 is coming out, not nearly as many of them also know torchlight 2 is coming out.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 15:11 Krovven

Dmitri_M wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:43:
somebody sell me on Warlock

Play the demo.

It's basically Civ5 fantasy style, but with a heavier focus on combat.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 15:11 deqer

The Half Elf wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:55:
Could you try to sell Torchlight II any harder if you tried? I'll pick up Torchlight II on sale some day, but damn you sound like you were payed to post your message.
Too much truth for you? Okay.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:55 J

Dmitri_M wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:43:

Read the Warlock Master of the Arcane forums. Easy enough to find via Google.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:55 The Half Elf

I honestly can't believe Torchlight II isn't #1. I guess people are buying it from elsewhere, or they haven't been watching the live beta stream ( http://www.twitch.tv/iitiamatii ) with the devs and know that it's an awesome DRM-less game made by the creators of diablo 2 with same original musician from diablo 2, and is moddable via the Runic editor(that comes with it) for many awesome mods to come, and much much more.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:49 deqer

ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2012, 14:12:
and this one looks like just more of the same
So, you did NOT watch the stream. Okay.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:43 Dmitri_M

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:43 MuzixMon

Very happy to see Sniper V2 on top! Great game, lots of fun. Everyone I know that bought it are happy they did including myself!  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:35 J

Two more days until Warlock. End threadjack.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:34 eRe4s3r

Exactly, until there is a demo i won't touch this one, Torchlight 1 was just way too shallow  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:12 ForgedReality

Considering the first one was rather "meh," and this one looks like just more of the same, I can't say as I'm surprised one bit.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Techie714 wrote on May 6, 2012, 13:40:
Sniper Elite V2 That's cool!
Any good? I've looked at it but can't tell if it's worthwhile.

I honestly can't believe Torchlight II isn't #1.
I've looked at it, but I'll wait for reviews before buying it. Especially with 35 other games now waiting in the wings to be played and beaten.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:04 deqer

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 13:40 Techie714

Sniper Elite V2 That's cool!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer