Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer

The Elder Scrolls Online Website is online as home to the just-revealed MMO installment in Bethesda's RPG series. This is more-or-less a placeholder at the moment, but it does offer an announcement trailer bringing the game's logo into view following a dramatic buildup. No gameplay or cinematics are included, but there is also now a new screenshot on the Bethesda Blog.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

20. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 10:07 Reactor

Not that I play MMOs, but... I don't know... it looks okay to me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 09:54 wrlwnd

Illumin wrote on May 5, 2012, 00:58:
Personally Im pumped, Ive been burnt before on almost all MMO's but damnit I just cant help getting excited over this game. Id say 70% of the people talkn bad about this game right now will end up getting it.

The screenshots I saw are the same old cartoony crap that you see in other low-tech online games, and look NOTHING like TES games.

So what are you on about??

18. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 09:06 deqer

1AngryGamer wrote on May 5, 2012, 07:19:
Gamers really are the stupidest breed of people arent we?
The new gamers (current generation) are stupid, yes.

17. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 07:19 Angrius Maximis

Wow great, another shitty trailer that tells us nothing for a game that will suck ass

GEE! That was AWESOME! Already dipshit gamers across the webz are posting idiotic things like "CANT WAIT FOR TESONLINE!" on their Twitters like a bunch of morons.

Gamers really are the stupidest breed of people arent we?

16. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 06:58 Burrito of Peace

In the screenshot and link to the Game Informer article, the people's faces all have this either claymation like or melted plastic look to them. It's creepy and makes me want to not look at any more press material.

Like clowns wearing gas masks and trying to sell laundry detergent.

15. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 04:35 Illumin

Dades wrote on May 5, 2012, 01:07:
Personally Im pumped, Ive been burnt before on almost all MMO's but damnit I just cant help getting excited over this game. Id say 70% of the people talkn bad about this game right now will end up getting it.

Excited over what? It was a minute of nothing, you've seen no actual gameplay or footage. Why would you assume everyone will rush out to buy it, they have nothing to go on.

Excited over the potential of this game. Im not talking about vid here or leaked info on a game that's at least 1.5 years away. Sure it dosnt look that great, so what you think its gonna have top of the line graphics right now showing off tons of cool powers for a game that isn't even in alpha yet? Get real man you guys act like this game is coming out in 5 or 6 months.

As for why I would assume everyone will rush to buy it? Really? Your talking about a world full of people that go out and buy a new I phone every year, or a new call of duty game every year. You ever buy a CD of a band you like with out hearing it just because you like the band? Or buy a ticket to a sporting event because it might be a great game? Probably not, but people do as hard as that is to believe.

14. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 03:07 jacobvandy

^Drag0n^ wrote on May 5, 2012, 00:33:
I love how everyone is shitting all over this game before they even see a screenshot of descent quality and gameplay.

More than a dozen high-res (well, around 16x10) screenshots came with the Game Informer leak. The art style is very much like SWTOR except medieval fantasy rather than sci-fi, which probably has a lot to do with sharing the same engine. And of course the words in the article explain how they couldn't translate TES to an MMO, so this is just something *inspired by* the RPGs we all know and love. I'm not judging whether it will be good or bad yet as far as that genre goes, but it WILL be "just another MMO."

13. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 01:56 LittleMe

Yeah this will be a disappointment if it's just another copycat fantasy MMO. However I would gladly pay $20 for a Skyrim PvE MP DLC. I'd pay $40 for comprehensive multiplayer Skyrim expansion.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

12. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 01:52 Sepharo

Why do people keep acting like the Game Informer article didn't leak.

http://imgur.com/a/fO9Ty#8

Gotta be a 4th time post, though I guess not in this thread yet. Same ol boring fantasy MMO.

11. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 01:32 Ray Marden

Well, they certainly know how to create a lackluster first impresssion.

It's just a movie detailing how a website picked its background image with a link to a screenshot of a generic-looking Korean MMORPG. Well, at least that is what it looks like.
And limited to Game Informer? Really?
As everybody will inevitably point out, it is too early to really comment either way on the game. However, I have to question why they thought this was the way to introduce it.

Still waiting for the real reveal,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

10. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 01:09 NKD

^Drag0n^ wrote on May 5, 2012, 00:33:
I love how everyone is shitting all over this game before they even see a screenshot of descent quality and gameplay.

What's a screenshot or a video of some guy swinging a sword going to tell me that an article with actual facts does not? We already know, without resorting to any speculation at all, that this game has almost nothing in common with the TES series gameplay-wise.

We aren't pulling our disappointment out of our ass this time, though admittedly that goes on a lot around here so I can't blame you for assuming that.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 01:07 Dades

Excited over what? It was a minute of nothing, you've seen no actual gameplay or footage. Why would you assume everyone will rush out to buy it, they have nothing to go on.

8. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 00:58 Illumin

7. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 00:35 deqer

Was this something you picked up off some random employee who made it in their spare time for fun? Added some narrator with a generic speech, and wallah?

This is worst than even a teaser trailer. It's got nothing to tease with.

6. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 00:33 ^Drag0n^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

5. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 00:13 NKD

MattyC wrote on May 4, 2012, 23:25:
I feel like this is very much like SW:TOR to me. A game I would like, but not with the monthly fee. I just don't feel the MMO is viable here.

This is even worse than SW:TOR. At least SWTOR you can play a lot like the single player KOTOR games. It's not quite the same thing, but it's similar enough.

But this title, even from what little we know, has nothing in common gameplay wise with the TES games. Unless you have a huge boner for the setting and universe, this game has nothing to offer the fan of Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim.

Rigs wrote on May 4, 2012, 23:16:
Indeed, wtf was the point of that?! 'Ooooh, shiny!'...The first comment on the blog was pretty funny, in a non-politically correct kind of way...

A CARTOONY TES GAME.,, itís an insult! A colorfull monstruosity!!! Yes, itís hurts the eyes. And destroy the hearts! I feel sorry by Todd and the real ES team. Zenimax Online are not capable of capture the essence of the game. I have only recognice an ordinator! Only that of a dozen screens. This is not TES! TES IS BETTER THAN THAT!!! Sorry my english. But I need, I really need, express my angry!!!

Yes, yes! We all express our angry! They blows up us the bomb and expect we clean?! What they fuk?!

=-Rigs-=

I don't blame the guy. I'm a native English speaker and my thoughts on this game are mostly just a string of expletives, so I'm not exactly using my words either.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 4, 2012, 23:58 Slashman

This just feels like the classic case of: 'Everyone and their sister is doing an MMO. We too, need a pointless blackhole in which to toss good money, which otherwise could have been used to create actual interesting additions to the Elder Scrolls game franchise.'  

3. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 4, 2012, 23:25 MattyC

I feel like this is very much like SW:TOR to me. A game I would like, but not with the monthly fee. I just don't feel the MMO is viable here.  

2. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 4, 2012, 23:16 Rigs

Indeed, wtf was the point of that?! 'Ooooh, shiny!'...The first comment on the blog was pretty funny, in a non-politically correct kind of way...

A CARTOONY TES GAME.,, itís an insult! A colorfull monstruosity!!! Yes, itís hurts the eyes. And destroy the hearts! I feel sorry by Todd and the real ES team. Zenimax Online are not capable of capture the essence of the game. I have only recognice an ordinator! Only that of a dozen screens. This is not TES! TES IS BETTER THAN THAT!!! Sorry my english. But I need, I really need, express my angry!!!

Yes, yes! We all express our angry! They blows up us the bomb and expect we clean?! What they fuk?!

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

1. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 4, 2012, 22:48 theyarecomingforyou

Pointless "trailer".

And wtf is the point in such a low resolution screenshot? It's not 1996 anymore.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo