Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs

The CAPCOM Blog has word that preorders are now underway for the Windows PC edition of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. The PC version of the survival/horror shooter is on track for its previously announced May 18th release, and include an explanation that it will not contain additional content. They also offer system specs:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD Athlon(TM) X2 2.8 Ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8800GTS or better, ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3850 or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device
Other Requirements: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE

Recommended:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better, AMD Phenom(TM)II X4 3 Ghz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 560 or better

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 6, 2012, 16:05 Orogogus

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2012, 02:14:
I don't really understand why publishers continue to use GFWL. Usually I'd suspect that MS was bribing them but I don't think MS cares enough about PC gaming to even bother. I'm guessing that porting a X360 game to PC is just easier when you use GFWL for the matchmaking, leaderboards and achievements.

I gather that it's easier for networking, period, beyond the matchmaking component.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 6, 2012, 02:14 Jerykk

I don't really understand why publishers continue to use GFWL. Usually I'd suspect that MS was bribing them but I don't think MS cares enough about PC gaming to even bother. I'm guessing that porting a X360 game to PC is just easier when you use GFWL for the matchmaking, leaderboards and achievements.  

6. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 5, 2012, 06:44 ASeven

Apparently to add to the crapiness of the game this is one of the worst ports of the year, maybe of the decade.

Way to shoot yourself in the head, Capcom. And your finances aren't that good to begin with.

5. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 5, 2012, 00:39 Dades

I just can't get past the name, I start laughing every time I see it.  

4. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 5, 2012, 00:03 Matshock

Yep, I was looking forward to RE:ORC, too bad. OTOH if Capcom releases a PC game that seems doomed to fail then maybe Dragon's Dogma will be both good and also released for PC.

...or maybe the pay-to-win game critics sunk RE:ORC and it will turn out to be good anyway. I'll keep tabs on it just in case.

3. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 4, 2012, 23:03 Rossafur

Commence the countdown until they blame the PC release's poor sales on piracy, lol...  

2. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 4, 2012, 22:27 Kitkoan

It also uses GfWL  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

1. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 4, 2012, 22:22 Overon

The game is terrible. 52 on metacritic for the 360 version based on 56 critic reviews. That is terrible. How likely is it that it sucks on the 360 and has no consolitis on PC? Not very bloody likely!  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo