Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month?

Siliconera has word on the discovery of a British Board of Film Classification rating for a Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition. This includes words this is to be released in the U.K. on June 30th, with the timeframe probably more of a revelation than plans for the inevitable GotY SKU.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 5, 2012, 00:01 Sepharo

Pete wrote on May 4, 2012, 23:55:
Don't those game of the year editions nowadays mean the same thing as the gold edition with all the addons and what not?

Yep. I figured most realized that, just fun to react anyway. And I look everything up on Wikipedia. I wonder what game was the first to release a GotY without actually being awarded a GotY? They ruined it for all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 23:58 Elf Shot The Food

I enjoyed this game. It was essentially a cross between Borderlands and Left 4 Dead.

I'm not sure it needs a GOTY edition though, since the add-on content was apparently pretty mediocre.

8. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 23:55 Pete

Don't those game of the year editions nowadays mean the same thing as the gold edition with all the addons and what not?  
Doin' it Big

7. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 23:15 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2012, 23:09:
Yeah, I 'may' pick this up when it hits $5 but not a penny more.

It's much better than $5.

edit: Err maybe you're talking specifically about the GOTY edition.. ?

Also, surprised at how detailed this Wiki article is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_year

No Dead Island of course

6. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 23:09 Cutter

Yeah, I 'may' pick this up when it hits $5 but not a penny more.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 23:01 Pineapple Ferguson

Game of what year? Dead Island is a boring consolized cookie-cutter zombie-craze cash in. It can suck my balls.  

4. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 22:53 ForgedReality

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 4, 2012, 22:45:
I was waiting for this to drop to 10 on Steam but I've pretty much lost interest now. They've missed their opportunity, after they kept repeating the same 15 promotion. They need to drop the price LOWER, not to the same level. It strikes me as absolutely bizarre that a game as excellent as Arkham City can drop in price so quickly and yet not Dead Island.

I just have so many great games to play already that I'm perfectly happy to skip titles that I'm on the fence about. Oh, and it was incredibly disappointing to see such an awesome trailer and realise that the game is just a hack and slash.

Arkham City is good? It looks exactly the same as Arkham Asylum to me, with a larger game world. I got bored with its predecessor, so I didn't pick up the sequel. What improvements have been made?

3. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 22:45 theyarecomingforyou

I was waiting for this to drop to 10 on Steam but I've pretty much lost interest now. They've missed their opportunity, after they kept repeating the same 15 promotion. They need to drop the price LOWER, not to the same level. It strikes me as absolutely bizarre that a game as excellent as Arkham City can drop in price so quickly and yet not Dead Island.

I just have so many great games to play already that I'm perfectly happy to skip titles that I'm on the fence about. Oh, and it was incredibly disappointing to see such an awesome trailer and realise that the game is just a hack and slash.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

2. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 22:26 Dades

Which publications gave Dead Island a game of the year award?  

1. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 22:24 Overon

Game of the year? Trailer of the year that misrepresented the game, that's for sure!  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo