Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced

The Blood Bowl Website announces Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition, an updated edition of their Warhammer meets tackle football mash-up expected this September. The new edition will add three new races, a new stadium, and a new World Championship mode, though it's not stated if this is an expansion or a new product, but as we wait for more details, they offer some screenshots in the meantime, and here's a bit on what's new: "World Championship mode expands even further the solo experience of Blood Bowl. From national qualifying games to continental cups to the final tournament, the competition just got bloodier! The online mode will of course be available with its intense matches, vicious private leagues, and global rankings! Get ready for another round of high fantasy football as Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition races for the touchdown!"

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Drop the limited install DRM May 5, 2012, 14:02 Bard

DRM ONLY PUNISHES PURCHASERS.

I'd rather not be a pirate, but at least with a pirated game i'm assured that i'll be able to install it whenever i want, on any machine i own, without relying on an authentication service which may cease to exist sometime in future.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 19:09 Prez

SimplyMonk wrote on May 4, 2012, 17:46:
Prez wrote on May 4, 2012, 13:42:
There's nothing outdated about being miffed about install limits on software you legally own.

... and there is the issue. You don't legally own the software. You legally own a licence to the software...
...Not disagreeing with you or your main point, however.. Just adding a little clarity to your "ownership" statement.

You do realize that most everyone here understands this very well, right? Or maybe you don't considering the lengthy post you made describing it. In this day and age I find it hard to believe that anyone isn't acutely aware of it considering we get hammered over the head with it every time someone makes the mistake of not specifically mentioning the license itself when talking about digital media and drm. We get it; it's a license. Fine. And it doesn't make drm one iota more justifiable.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 17:46 SimplyMonk

There's nothing outdated about being miffed about install limits on software you legally own.

... and there is the issue. You don't legally own the software. You legally own a licence to the software. Hence, "End User Licence Agreement". If you owned the software, you'd be able to copy and redistribute to your hearts content.

You can't though and this is how most if not all computer software agreements are written. Even if you can physically hold the DVD the game is written on, you have no ownership of the code on the DVD. You have a right to play and enjoy it as long as it is within the limts of the agreement, but it ends there.

Example: Court Case

I'm sure in some sense even GameStop is in violation of this, but most likely the video game industry needs them enough currently to not take it to this extreme yet.

Don't like it? Don't buy video games and maybe the industry will change or not enforce it in such a draconian way. Not disagreeing with you or your main point, however.. Just adding a little clarity to your "ownership" statement.

12. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 16:17 wallace321

If they're going to keep going with the new editions bullshit, they need to do stuff like double the announcer banter every game. I get really, really tired of hearing the same banter over and over.

THIS. I must have heard that same little story that ends with "out for lunch" 1000s of times.

11. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 16:04 Flatline

wallace321 wrote on May 4, 2012, 12:55:
Agreed - i have the "Dark Elves" edition, but this is the 3rd or 4th time they've done this. I have no plans on buying another edition, but I might have paid $2.99 for a new stadium, or .99 for a new race. Is that seriously all they keep adding in these new editions? A few races? A new stadium? A new mode? Can these different editions play against each other? It's a cool game, but honestly, these additions are DLC for a single product. All these different editions are confusing.

99 cents a faction? 3 bucks a stadium?

Oh yeah I'm sure they'll get right on that.

I remember with the Legendary edition that you could "upgrade" for like 25 bucks... which wasn't bad at the time, they added enough extra teams in that it was worth while.

If they're going to keep going with the new editions bullshit, they need to do stuff like double the announcer banter every game. I get really, really tired of hearing the same banter over and over.

Oh, and async online iOS gameplay please. It'd give the game huge longevity.

10. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 16:03 wallace321

Agreed. The limits simply reduce my perception of the value that the game provides - they're not a deal-breaker.

You know, i've come to agree with this as well. I can buy it again in 3 years for $5 if I want to play it again. NOW having said that, I'm NOT going to be paying "full" price for it in the first place. 5 activations is worth about $25 for a day 1 purchase for me, take it or leave it, publishers. Otherwise, I'll wait, thanks.

Congrats, your DRM has reduced the value of your goods in the eyes of your customers more than the scumbag pirates ever have.

9. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 15:13 killer_roach

There's nothing outdated about being miffed about install limits on software you legally own. It's become a more prevalent practice as time has gone on, so it's rather timely to be sure. It's a bullshit practice that needs to die.

Still, I love the Blood Bowl games; assuming there's enough to differentiate this version from previous iterations I'll buy it. Install limits, while an annoying bunch of crap, are not a deal-breaker for me.

Agreed. The limits simply reduce my perception of the value that the game provides - they're not a deal-breaker.

(That being said, it typically means such games end up going into my "wait for one hell of a Steam sale" level of prioritization.)

8. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 14:15 ASeven

1AngryGamer wrote on May 4, 2012, 13:00:
I wish I could remotely ram a corn cob up the ass of every dickmunch that mentions "DRM" in a Blues News thread. But then I realized it probably wouldnt fit

1997 called and they want their beat a dead horse topic back

Ill buy it, good deal and good game.

The idiots rise from under their rocks, a fine example of one above.

7. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 13:51 z0dd

It would be nice if they first fixed the countless bugs and inconsistencies with the Living Rulebook rules. I still can't play any team that has an apothecary or the game will crash and burn as soon as a player is injured. And who knows why they still haven't implemented an online rejoin mode for when a player drops (standard feature in any head-to-head game).

They supposedly only have 1 or 2 developers working on this expansion so that's why the content is thin. I really wish Games Workshop would sell the Blood Bowl IP to someone that would use it properly. They haven't done anything with the boardgame version in years, other than send cease & desist orders to websites supporting their dead game.

/rant ;(

6. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 13:42 Prez

There's nothing outdated about being miffed about install limits on software you legally own. It's become a more prevalent practice as time has gone on, so it's rather timely to be sure. It's a bullshit practice that needs to die.

Still, I love the Blood Bowl games; assuming there's enough to differentiate this version from previous iterations I'll buy it. Install limits, while an annoying bunch of crap, are not a deal-breaker for me.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 13:09 Hyatus

1AngryGamer wrote on May 4, 2012, 13:00:

Not that I don't agree that people can be a little sensitive(sometimes) to the DRM issue, but 1997?

I don't think DRM has been a games issue for that long. I would say Windows XP release, sure. But not when everyone was slinging around Windows 95 and a dial-up connection.

4. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 13:00 Angrius Maximis

I wish I could remotely ram a corn cob up the ass of every dickmunch that mentions "DRM" in a Blues News thread. But then I realized it probably wouldnt fit

Ill buy it, good deal and good game.

3. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 12:55 wallace321

Agreed - i have the "Dark Elves" edition, but this is the 3rd or 4th time they've done this. I have no plans on buying another edition, but I might have paid $2.99 for a new stadium, or .99 for a new race. Is that seriously all they keep adding in these new editions? A few races? A new stadium? A new mode? Can these different editions play against each other? It's a cool game, but honestly, these additions are DLC for a single product. All these different editions are confusing.  

2. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 11:02 Stin

I find it annoying that the developers haven't released the Legendary or Chaos Editions as add-ons or expansions.

I bought the Dark Elves edition when it was on-sale, found it enjoyable, and wouldn't mind getting the other editions. But I'm not paying for a whole new edition of the game each time that costs more than what I originally paid.

--
Stin

1. Re: Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition Announced May 4, 2012, 10:00 nin

Drop the fucking 5 install DRM and you might get a sale...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo