Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 21:30 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on May 4, 2012, 14:24:
HugeJerk wrote on May 4, 2012, 14:12:
Ugh... MCA of the Beastie Boys passed away. Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys dead at 47

Saw that. I feel numb right now. Adam was fucking awesome, and I'll miss him.

Same. We were just north of Indianapolis when we heard the news on the radio. Luckily a local station is playing all of their songs non stop.....I just don't know what to think or how to feel......fucking cancer....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Spiderman May 4, 2012, 20:05 Killer Kane

Just ain't doing it for me, the look, the actors, the action...it all feels "off", somehow.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 16:41 Cutter

Ugh... MCA of the Beastie Boys passed away. Adam Yauch (MCA) of the Beastie Boys dead at 47

RIP Adam. Always loved the Beasties, man! Sabotage is perhaps the greatest video/song ever made. 48 is just way too effin young!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 16:09 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on May 4, 2012, 15:11:
The crowd at our screening just ate it up too, lots of laughs and cheering. One of the few movies we've been to recently where everyone coming out seemed pretty happy with it, no grumbling or etc.
My experience was a bit different. There were quite a few laughs - particularly for scenes with the Hulk - but other than that it was pretty muted. There was also a rather large number of people constantly leaving the screening - for snacks, toilet breaks and smoking - which was somewhat distracting.

I thought it was a very good movie, though I'm not a fan of 3D and the CGI was a bit over-the-top and overused. Thankfully it had a pretty decent narrative. I think the Batman films are much better overall and I have to say I also preferred the Watchmen movie (it's definitely underrated).

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 15:11 Verno

Saw The Avengers last night, we really enjoyed it. Don't worry, no spoilers. Joss Whedon didn't do his usual bit of focusing too much on the female character for a change. I found Loki hard to swallow after only recently seeing Thor but other than that it was a really fun movie. A lot more actions scenes than I expected with some great set pieces but nothing overstayed its welcome. They managed to focus just enough time on each character so there is something in there for everyone. Hawkeye and Widow have less screen time overall but the movie was pretty long as is. I suspect there will be a directors cut type edition that fleshes them out more.

The crowd at our screening just ate it up too, lots of laughs and cheering. One of the few movies we've been to recently where everyone coming out seemed pretty happy with it, no grumbling or etc.

That really blows about Adam Yauch

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 14:24 nin

Saw that. I feel numb right now. Adam was fucking awesome, and I'll miss him.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 14:12 HugeJerk

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 13:12 Prez

I thought it must be Lisp Day, the way Blue was carrying on.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 13:02 Cutter

PHJF wrote on May 4, 2012, 11:40:
Star Wars day to somebody with a severe lisp... like Biggus Dickus.

*groan*

And there's really a Star Wars day? Really?

*double groan*

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 12:12 StaticRandomNumber

Find it funny that on Star Wars day, that someone named Obiwan Kenobi gets arrested, talk about great timing.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 11:40 PHJF

Star Wars day to somebody with a severe lisp... like Biggus Dickus.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 11:27 Cutter

Wth is Thtar Warth Day?

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2012, 10:03 nin

Got my avengers tix for tomorrow! Woot!

Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used To Know' Gets the Bad Lip Reading Treatment.

I've been singing this since yesterday, can't get it out of my head. Make sure you have CC turned on.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo