Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Company of Heroes 2 Revealed?

A blog called Enizr.com has what look like scans of an issue of PC Gamer seemingly revealing plans for Company of Heroes 2, a sequel to Relic's World War II RTS game (thanks Joao). Here's their summary: "The game is being developed by Relic. Company of heroes 2 will being in 1941, the sequel is heading towards the eastern front the players will be given control of the soviet army during the largest battle of World War II. Company of heroes to is expected to arrives [sic] in 2013." Company of Heroes Online, the MMO installment in the series closed over a year ago, and rumors of CoH2 first surfaced late last year.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:51 ASeven

jacobvandy wrote on May 3, 2012, 15:46:
, a decision they made because of how DOW 2 turned out (they admit it was "a departure" meant to bring in new players)

Which failed since DoW2 bombed badly, so the decision is probably more in attracting more money because the original formula sells more than the DotA formula did. If so and they don't fuck up the game much it might live up to the original, even surpass it. But with the many layoffs Relic suffered and THQ in panic mode due to imminent bankrupcy I'm not expecting a great result. Hope I'm wrong though, I love CoH and play it a lot more than any other RTS games of its kind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:47 Tumbler

After DoW2, the expansions, Company of Heroes Online and then Space Marine I'm not feeling good about the next game from Relic. And I suppose that weird mini game is something too. All that weird dlc for those leader characters...can't even remember what they called it.

I'm expecting this to be some weird hybrid between space marine and CoH. The scanned mag images definitely seem to suggest they're going to extreme detail up close which looks like a FPS/3PS at times.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:46 jacobvandy

PHJF wrote on May 3, 2012, 15:06:
Probably turn it into some retarded DotA like they did with Dawn of War...

Good news, everyone! The article explicitly addresses that, with one of the developers stating they're sticking with the core gameplay of the original COH, a decision they made because of how DOW 2 turned out (they admit it was "a departure" meant to bring in new players). Of course then another guy has to come out and say "DOW 2 was amazing!" But even he says there were some things happening there that "didn't suit the franchise."

10. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:30 ASeven

Didn't Relic got hit by a lot of layoffs after DoW2?  

9. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:13 Parallax Abstraction

Between this and the SR3 expansion, THQ is clearly not going to go down without one Hell of a fight. I really hope they survive long enough to get this stuff out and that it's great and sells well.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

8. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:10 Angrius Maximis

fuck yeah! Finally some good gaming news!  

7. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 15:06 PHJF

Probably turn it into some retarded DotA like they did with Dawn of War...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 14:59 Verno

Flatline wrote on May 3, 2012, 14:46:
I'm actually surprised that they're sticking with the European theater. There's a lot of other options during WW2. Eastern front is interesting to be sure, but there's also the African campaign, the Italian campaign, not to mention the entire Pacific Theater.

Africa would have been great, it's always neglected in media representation. Some great battles in that for the singleplayer scenarios - Tobruk, El Alamein, etc.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 14:46 Flatline

I'm actually surprised that they're sticking with the European theater. There's a lot of other options during WW2. Eastern front is interesting to be sure, but there's also the African campaign, the Italian campaign, not to mention the entire Pacific Theater.  

4. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 14:43 netnerd85

Haven't gotten to this series yet, still on Men of War! but it looks good from those magazine screens. Nothing beats WWII games.  

3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 14:34 bjack

Oh god yes!

2. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 14:28 Rhett

If there was any reason for me to build another gaming PC, this would be it. -glee-  

1. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 14:27 Verno

Be interesting to see how the official stuff will measure up against the Eastern Front mod. Eastern Front is easily one of the most professional looking mods I've ever played, everything in it is top notch and it really does feel like an official expansion.

Glad to see Relic still churning despite the tragic death of a lead designer and THQs continued ineptitude.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo