Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Jagged Alliance – Back in Action Patch; DLC Plans

The Jagged Alliance – Back in Action Website announces the release of a new patch to update the strategy remake to version 1.13. The patch is available automatically through Steam, and the news of new version is accompanied by word on plans to release new DLC for the game "shortly," saying: "Now another particular type of weather forecast: all the shading is turning red. The first DLC is called 'Shades of Red', which will be available shortly."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Jagged Alliance – Back in Action Patch; DLC Plans May 3, 2012, 12:28 SpectralMeat

I've never even finished the demo, maybe I should give it another try. I've never played any of the previous JA games and this one just sort of overwhelmed me with the amount of options and things you have to do to micro manage your squad.  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Jagged Alliance – Back in Action Patch; DLC Plans May 3, 2012, 10:27 Wowbagger_TIP

Looks like a lot of good changes. I wonder if they'll have an updated demo. When I tried the previous demo, it seemed that the only way to win was to engage from maximum range with rifles and just try to pick them all off as they came toward you. Stealth was basically useless because they could spot you extremely easily, and they were much better shots than they should be with their weapons in automatic fire mode. Made the game seem terribly boring. Nothing like JA2. Hard to tell whether the AI has actually been fixed or not.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Jagged Alliance – Back in Action Patch; DLC Plans May 3, 2012, 10:08 LittleMe

Yes there are times when I think a developer/publisher releasing a bad/buggy/unfinished game causes long term rep damage. But their post-release support here has been great and I think they've redeemed themselves. A company's value is more than what's in the bank or short/medium term projected sales.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Jagged Alliance – Back in Action Patch; DLC Plans May 3, 2012, 09:50 J

I didn't realise until I read through the patch notes how good this patch sounds. It seems to have addressed all the bugbears I can remember being raised. Unfortunately I haven't played JA:BiA for a while now, so it will have to get behind Warlock.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo