Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It's TERA Time

With today's launch of TERA in Europe joining TERA North America, both editions of Bluehole Studios' MMORPG are live. Not following the rush to free-to-play, TERA requires both the purchase of the retail game along with monthly subscription. Here's a thumbnail of the game: "New players will begin their adventure in TERA by creating a highly customised character from seven races and eight classes. They will join forces with thousands of allies to save an endangered universe. They will vie for power and set their own rules through an advanced political system. TERA players will discover a one-of-a-kind experience, giving them an MMO game setting combined with the thrill of action games."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: It's TERA Time May 4, 2012, 00:13 JeffD

Well with the wow expansion lined up.. diablo 3 allready purchased and around the corner, tribes ascend, and guild wars 2 when it comes out... yea.. I might fit this game in when it goes free to play.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 19:34 WyldKat

Sir Graves wrote on May 3, 2012, 17:11:
Eh, I'll try it when it goes free. And it will.

When I can tear myself away from GW2 for a minute, that is.

I feel the same way. The combat is sort of amusing in the beta I tried but after playing GW2 everything else pales in comparison, it actually made me excited to play an MMO again, mostly because it doesn't feel like an MMO.

TERA, other than it's gimmicky combat, is pretty much TERAble.

13. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 17:11 Sir Graves

Eh, I'll try it when it goes free. And it will.

When I can tear myself away from GW2 for a minute, that is.

12. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 16:41 GayBlade

I went and watched some Youtube videos on this game. I did not like what I saw and I have GW2 to blame for this.

I don't want to overstate GW2, but after one weekend testing it, I just don't see myself playing another traditional MMO where I must go fetch an assortment of quests, complete them, then run back to the quest giver. I do realize GW2 has quests a similar vein, but I don't feel compelled to do them as when you gather them and they occupy your memory in the quest log.

I am coming to believe that I am just burned out on MMO, but I truly am looking forward to more of GW2.

11. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 16:38 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on May 3, 2012, 12:30:
J wrote on May 3, 2012, 10:14:
NKD wrote on May 3, 2012, 10:10:
If you're into having cybersex with men playing as loli, this is the MMO for you!
So it's like 90's IRC reimagined and repackaged for the new millenium?

Now with 3D client, and sexier fonts!

It's about time somebody got the fuck on that!

/subscribes!

Creston

10. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 14:25 Klaus Flouride

This will be f2f in 6 months and be shuttered in 18 months max. Didn't this bomb in Korea?  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

9. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 12:30 The Half Elf

J wrote on May 3, 2012, 10:14:
If you're into having cybersex with men playing as loli, this is the MMO for you!

Now with 3D client, and sexier fonts!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 11:31 Fion

Decent but it has nothing on GW2. As much as they vaunted the next-gen action combat, if your looking for that, DCOU does that way better.  

7. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 10:46 Ozmodan

Fun game, but it will be f2p before the end of the year, just not near enough content to keep a subscription based playerbase going.

Female clothing is way over the top btw. Tank runs around with a ridiculous lance. Tanking with a lance is ludicrous. Yeah it is a game, but ridiculous is still ridiculous.

6. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 10:14 J

5. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 10:10 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 10:08 Angrius Maximis

This is an absolutely terrible MMO.

Just a heads up

3. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 10:08 wtf_man

Come one, come all.... come see the anime titties that Bunghole Studios has exposed!!!  

2. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 10:03 TheFragMan

Omni wrote on May 3, 2012, 09:41:
Feel the excitement...
I do! I feel it!

No, wait, that's my stomach rumbling because I'm hungry. False alarm.

- Frag

1. Re: It's TERA Time May 3, 2012, 09:41 Omni

Feel the excitement...

F2P next year.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2012, 09:59.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo