Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans

Rockstar Games announces DLC plans for Max Payne 3, unveiling a Local Justice Map Pack coming next month they say kicks off "a full lineup of multiplayer content planned for release this summer and beyond." They also announce the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass to allow all this DLC to be pre-purchased at a discount, but this is only available on consoles, so PC users once again experience the "Trickle Down Economics" that give the last pack its name. Here's the DLC schedule:

The Local Justice Map Pack, coming in June, will include the Police Precinct map for Gang Wars, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer multiplayer modes. The pack will also feature two additional maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer, new precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items, multiplayer challenges, and more.

Check out the current release schedule (individual release dates and pricing info will be announced soon) for Max Payne 3 downloadable content packs below and stay tuned for additional packs to be revealed at a later date:

June 2012
    • Local Justice Map Pack

Summer 2012
    • Disorganized Crime Map Pack
    • Deathmatch Made In Heaven Mode Pack
    • Hostage Negotiation Map Pack
    • New York Minute Co-Op Pack

Fall 2012
    • Painful Memories Map Pack
    • Trickle Down Economics Map Pack

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 3, 2012, 05:28 Julio

I'm passing on Max Payne 3 anyways, the series could have died out after the first one and not be missed by me.

Why not add a subscription to the game while they're at it given there's practically monthly DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 19:51 Dev

This is the first time I've seen a complete DLC schedule laid out this far in advance. Maybe I'm just not into console news enough. Is this sorta thing common?

Because just seeing the schedule itself, turns me off of the game with how much DLC they are planning (especially since its almost entirely map packs)
Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 10:17:
Rockstar is usually pretty good about making meaningful DLC
Pretty sure that 5 out of 7 DLC with the words "MAP PACK" in the title aren't "meaningful DLC"
One of the remaining ones adds deathmatch, again, not meaningful.

The remaining one says co-op, so it probably adds co-op mode. Thats the closest to meaningful I see in the list.

(by meaningful I presume you mean something like the GTA DLC, which was more like an expansion pack).

29. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 18:52 Flatline

_Gozer_ wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:22:
I was looking forward to this. But I will wait after seeing this, bargain bin or GOTY or something.
Diablo 3 coming out the same day. Guess Rockstar helped me choose.
Well played

LMAO

So your response to a marginal monetization of a video game is to go suck the cock of a company who is blatantly monetizing and fucking over it's customer base?

I promise you the only reason why D3 has an always-online requirement is the real money auction house.

28. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 18:22 Luke

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 16:02:
All fair criticisms for sure. I don't see any mention of what multiplayer system they're using, is it GFWL again? I see it has Steam achievements according to a Rockstar twitter post so I'm hopeful its full on Steamworks stuff.

Unfortunately I have a huge bias for anything Max Payne and will get this nonetheless. It's not rational and I don't care, Max owns

Some said that about duke nukem also ..well see how that turned out

27. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 18:07 Rigs

Tumbler wrote on May 2, 2012, 17:48:
A-10 from DCS is also $13. Flight Training has never been so cheap!

You just had to mention that, didn't you? It's the only DCS/LOMAC sim I don't have yet. The last one I grabbed was Black Shark and I've been waiting for a good sale...*sigh*... I frakin' hate being broke...Maybe if I didn't have to spend $50 to fill my gas tank tomorrow, I'd be able to get it...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

26. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 17:48 Tumbler

Bastion is $6 on Steam today. Never played that so I guess I know what I'll be playing next week instead of this! (Max Payne)

A-10 from DCS is also $13. Flight Training has never been so cheap! Good luck finding a real A-10 to fly but dammit if you won't be ready to go when you do!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

25. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 17:41 Rigs

Nope, not touchin' it...Not because I'm so utterly broke (while still working my ass off M-F, 9-5, WTF is up with that shit?), but I'm also buried in games I haven't gotten to yet! For Krise sakes, I haven't even played Mass Effect TWO yet! Just too many damn games coming out all the time...Then you get hooked on something like Minecraft or some other indie game and then you're even further behind! Yup, I'm complaining about too many games to play, I suppose that should be a good thing...

I'm really holding out for FarCry3, honestly. I think I'm gonna really enjoy it. Those in-engine cinematics are getting really good and realistic nowadays. Not like the BlackOps2 trailer where the old guy looked horrible. I can't believe they used close-ups like that in a trailer, looked really bad...wait, what were we talking about again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZP8zQ5kzk

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 17:57.

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

24. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 16:53 wrlwnd

More bean-counting moron suits to screw up yet another game.

Oh well, to the bargain bin with you!

23. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 16:35 Dmitri_M

The original games had no MP. I'm only interested in SP, if the reviews are decent and it's an above average port I'll be buying it full price.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 16:42.

22. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 16:09 Cutter

Wake me in a year or two when the GOTY ed is $5. Untill then...PASS.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

21. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 16:02 Verno

All fair criticisms for sure. I don't see any mention of what multiplayer system they're using, is it GFWL again? I see it has Steam achievements according to a Rockstar twitter post so I'm hopeful its full on Steamworks stuff.

Unfortunately I have a huge bias for anything Max Payne and will get this nonetheless. It's not rational and I don't care, Max owns

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

20. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 15:15 DangerDog

They could get away with this with something like Grand Theft Auto V, but Max Payne 3???

They're acting like it's some sort of gold mine franchise like Call of Duty yet it's unproven if the multiplayer is even any good.

No dedicated servers, probably limited to what... 8 player peer-to-peer, using Games for Windows Live?

If they want to chop off multiplayer for console gamers buying it used then just do that one time key-code use thing where used copies need to purchase a separate online pass.

Just sad to see Rockstar go down this path, they used to provide worth while content in the form of expansions not this nickle and dime bullshit.

19. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 14:12 Beamer

Beelzebud wrote on May 2, 2012, 13:29:
I wonder how long it is until publishers start bad mouthing people who wait for price drops, sales, and GOTY editions. You know it's coming.
Long tail!

Map making tools shouldn't be seen as hurting DLC, either. What is needed for people to care about DLC? An interest in the game. What keeps people interested in a game long enough to buy DLC? A strong community. What feeds a community? Map making!
You may get a smaller percentage of buyers but you get them from a larger pool of buyers.

I mean, hell, it amazes me to see companies ship DLC 12 months after anyone last played their game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 14:03 Luke

Capitan wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:01:
The worst is that they kill large parts of the community when they do not release free tool to make maps, etc. I still remember many of the superb maps to Quake, maps that you never got tired of....

Free Tool........thank all does who buys DLC shit thats why there are nothing free anymore

Get ready for yet another railroad game

17. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 14:02 Verno

Beelzebud wrote on May 2, 2012, 13:29:
I wonder how long it is until publishers start bad mouthing people who wait for price drops, sales, and GOTY editions. You know it's coming.

Indeed, some do that already, we've heard several snide references from Bioware who said that "true fans will preorder anyway", as if people who don't preorder their games are second class citizens.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

16. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 13:29 Beelzebud

15. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 13:28 KTR

Eh, I will wait for the eventual GOTY edition.  

14. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 13:24 Panickd

Hey look, another game to put on the Steam wishlist and wait for a sale with steep discounts to buy!

I was not very excited about MP3 to begin with and this news has totally killed any flicker of enthusiasm over it. Good job, Rockstar! Keep f#%king that chicken!

13. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 13:23 Omni

It can't be fun for those of you that buying this shit they are pushing out and calling DLC.
They are laughing all the way to the bank with there stacks of money.

I know what I am doing when this is being released and you should do the same.

12. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 12:43 netnerd85

Capitan wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:01:
The worst is that they kill large parts of the community when they do not release free tool to make maps
This is VERY true. It's hard enough finding people to play MP with on most games.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo