Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 13:21 eRe4s3r

The thing is the technology is actually pretty cheap nowadays, the problem is and always will be that with CGI stuff you have to have good (and i mean great) actors. And even better writers. Why you ask? Because Terra Nova as a whole had a pretty damn stupid concept

Why not make a series about earth colonists colonizing world X and then go off from there. Terra Nova as it was certainly does not deserve a continuation.

I want a good sci-fi show! Not a sitcom with dinosaurs

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 13:16 Verno

Prez wrote on May 2, 2012, 13:02:
The same could be said about Terra Nova, another show Netflix has reportedly made noise about reviving. Maybe they see the untapped potential in both shows which suffered from subpar writing and acting and feel they can help realize it.

Just my 2 cents but Terra Nova was too ambitious for television. It could have been incredibly well written and still failed. You can't budget something that requires CGI dinosaurs otherwise the audience gets bored, not unless its B-level television on SyFy. I think Netflix is cherry picking IP from specific studios to give them more leverage in licensing talks, just my little theory anyway.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 13:06 Ratty

So many other worthy shows to revive. Why Jericho? I never hated Jericho like I did, say, Terra Nova. But I couldn't ever get into it either.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 13:02 Prez

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 10:09:
Netflix Is Thinking About Reviving Jericho.

Ugh please don't, that show had an interesting concept but the execution was always very flawed. There are far better shows out there in danger of being canceled right now.

The same could be said about Terra Nova, another show Netflix has reportedly made noise about reviving. Maybe they see the untapped potential in both shows which suffered from subpar writing and acting and feel they can help realize it.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 11:39 Verno

ForgedReality wrote on May 2, 2012, 11:27:
You're on crack. Jericho was awesome. What "far better" shows are in danger of being canceled? There is next to nothing good on TV anymore.

Everyone has their opinion but I don't really see where the quality was in Jericho. The pilot was solid but the rest of the show never lived up to it. It had an interesting concept but focused too much on the small town drama to cater to its network audience. The cast wasn't particularly good either with the wooden Skeet Ulrich as a lead. They can't really do Jericho on a TV budget either without limiting the scope, it should have always been a miniseries production. As for shows to save, how about Awake just off the top of my head? The only decent procedural I've seen in ages, too smart for the room unfortunately. Every year we get several promising shows that fail to find an audience without needing to go back to middling network dramas.

If you can't find anything good to watch on TV then you're not even trying - Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Luther, Community, Person of Interest, Sherlock (BBC), Grimm, The Big C and so on. I'm sure others can add more.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 11:27 ForgedReality

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 10:09:

Ugh please don't, that show had an interesting concept but the execution was always very flawed. There are far better shows out there in danger of being canceled right now.

You're on crack. Jericho was awesome. What "far better" shows are in danger of being canceled? There is next to nothing good on TV anymore.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 10:09 Verno

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo