Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auctions Detailed

Blizzard announces a new Global Play functionality for Battle.net to allow Diablo III players to play on servers in different regions. They also announce a new Auction House Website for the action/RPG as home to the in-game auction functionality in the action/RPG sequel. This FAQ has all the details, including how the house rake will work:

In the gold-based auction house, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the final sale price of a successful auction.

In the real-money auction-house, for equipment such as weapons and armor, a fixed transaction fee will be deducted from the seller for each piece of equipment successfully sold. This fee is assessed only if the item is sold. For commodities such as crafting materials, gems, gold, and other “stackable” items, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the total sale price.
[…]
Note that additional fees apply for players who choose to receive the proceeds of their successful auction via PayPal™ (in regions where this option is available). See the Functionality section of this FAQ for further details.

View
157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

77. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 15:48 PHJF

"Well, I'm sure you've noticed Diablo has announced a date. So, we don't want to fall right on that," Schaefer said when we met at PAX East today. "The real answer is when [Torchlight 2] is finished, is Diablo 3 right now [owning the conversation]? Then we'll wait."

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

76. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 15:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Luke wrote on May 2, 2012, 07:52:
That sir was wow , this is D3 do you really think it would be that easy
There is always a market, it's knowing where and how to exploit that market to make money. I play the currency markets to supplement my expenses, I'm good enough that I make between $4k and $10k/mo. So...yes.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

75. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 15:05 Prez

Torchlight 2 could be several orders of magnitude better than Diablo 3 and it would still only sell a fraction of a fraction as well due simply to brand awareness and customer loyalty. They are wise to ensure a wide berth between release dates.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

74. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 14:09 nin

Wait, Torchlight 2 comes out next week?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

73. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 14:03 Verno

Torchlight has a low price which makes it easy casual-fare too so I don't think they should have any concern. I think both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 will be great games, they don't have to "compete" really.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

72. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 13:55 DrEvil

JohnBirshire wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:07:
^Drag0n^ wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:03:
Diablo III...meh.

Torchlight2 FTW.

All I noticed is that they rushed to release it before Diablo 3...maybe they weren't as confident in their game as you are.

No, they haven't. In fact, they recently announced a delay for the release of TL2 and specifically answered concerns like the one you're raising here.

TL2 and D3 are very different games in many ways; yes, big game releases tend to steal attention from other games, but they're not concerned about it:

http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2011/11/17/an-update-from-travis-baldree/

71. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 13:34 Bhruic

I wonder how rare a Legendary item will be in D3

Depends how they've done the itemization. In D2, uniques were semi-common, but it was mainly the crappy uniques that weren't as good as the rares that you'd be using. The really good uniques were quite rare, and the really really good uniques were extremely rare.

Then there was rune rares, before they upped the drop rate (and they are still rare then). I've always said that I have no chance to win a lottery because I used up my luck finding a legit Zod. Not that I ever used it for anything.

70. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 13:31 Bhruic

I'll refer you to my previous post, where I linked to a Bashiok post where he stated that D2 uniques only dropped once per-game, and that they're called Legendaries now

There were a few special uniques that would only drop once per playthrough, and wouldn't drop if you already possessed them, but they were extremely rare. The vast majority of uniques could drop multiple times, and could still drop if you had one.

69. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 13:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Jerusahat wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:46:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 2, 2012, 05:05:
Jerusahat wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:34:
Every player can have the same unique item. "Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

What? Where exactly did you read/hear this? Uniques from Diablo 2, are now "Legendaries" in Diablo 3, and there is no limit to how many times they can drop in a playthrough, although the odds are of course slim. Even in D2, the same 'unique' could drop several times in one game. It was an erroneous term at best, that's why it's changed now. Also, accursed WoW influence.

I'll refer you to my previous post, where I linked to a Bashiok post where he stated that D2 uniques only dropped once per-game, and that they're called Legendaries now. If you have a source for the change to drop chance, post it.

I wonder how rare a Legendary item will be in D3. In the Path of Exile beta it took me 120 levels across three characters before I found my first unique. That shit is rare.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

68. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 12:46 Jerusahat

Every player can have the same unique item. "Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

What? Where exactly did you read/hear this? Uniques from Diablo 2, are now "Legendaries" in Diablo 3, and there is no limit to how many times they can drop in a playthrough, although the odds are of course slim. Even in D2, the same 'unique' could drop several times in one game. It was an erroneous term at best, that's why it's changed now. Also, accursed WoW influence.

I'll refer you to my previous post, where I linked to a Bashiok post where he stated that D2 uniques only dropped once per-game, and that they're called Legendaries now. If you have a source for the change to drop chance, post it.

67. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 10:37 avianflu

This is all manner of messed up and hackers will be drawn to the auction house like flies to hamburger.  

66. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 09:07 Verno

Pigeon wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:29:
I'll be surprised if this doesn't wreck the in game economy. Since you can buy gold in the RMAH items in the regular AH will probably be massively inflated. I just don't see anything good coming from this. Thankfully you can just ignore it all and play with your friends.

It ignores whether the game is designed and balanced around RMAH.

It could have disastrous effects on grouping with random people. If drop rates are based around the idea you can easily get items off the AH then that'll fuck up single and co-op with friends.

Yeah I can't say I'm a fan of that aspect of this. I don't recall them ever mentioning buying and selling gold, I thought it was strictly items and that's the main reason I was alright with it. Even though the AH will be totally separate players will inevitably compare them to equate value which is going to muddy the waters quite a bit.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

65. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 08:58 Omni

Wait for b-net emulator it will be coming with LAN option.  

64. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 07:52 Luke

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 2, 2012, 04:50:
Vex wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:08:
That is unfortunate news. The 15% cut pretty much guarantees that you wont be able to make any significant amount of gold - or even a profit for that matter - buying items which are listed below market value and then reselling them. That's a shame, I used to enjoy doing that in WoW, but the margins are typically less than 15% of the undercut price.
I used to play the AH in WOW got quite good at it, made 50k-100k a month without breaking a sweat by the time I stopped playing two years ago. Gave everything but 11k away when I stopped just incase I started again and needed seed money. Well I've played 3 times since I resubbed out of that 11k I now have 86k in gold pretty good turn around using only 3k of that to start off with. Now if only the markets could give me a turn around like that.

Besides, even with 30% lost, you're getting a 70% for nothing but playing the game, and if you're playing the market correctly again you should make a good return. I figure I should make enough to cover my wow 1yr sub out of this, and maybe some extra on top from just casual play.

That sir was wow , this is D3 do you really think it would be that easy

63. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 07:42 Optional nickname

Common Sense Fact:

• Blizzard is going to Induce fake characters in different regions of the world, that will auto generate "unique" and "needed" and "Desired" Items, for people all over the world to "almost" complete their sets using RMAH

• I will beat this game , SOLO, casually, using my own experience of previous Diablo Games, but I will never own any elite sets, due to the clause above, but I don't give a MMO Rat's ass, because having waited over a decade of painstaking human agonizing wait for this game, I just want to see the endgame, cutscenes, and then uninstall this game and never touch another Blizzard game ever again.+
  •  

62. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 07:22 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:55:
    None of this sounds like a system I wish to be a part of. It's part sad, part ridiculous, part disturbing, with a hefty dose of befuddling for flavor.

You sir...your opinion doesn't count. YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THESE TYPES OF GAMES!!! hahahahaha

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

61. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 07:07 xXBatmanXx

Auction house is going to ruin the game.
    Economy is already broken and the game hasn't even started.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

60. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 07:06 Dev

I hadn't thought about blizzard handicapping item drop rates to try and force you to use RMAH. But it wouldn't surprise me at all. Like the crucial item of each set might be a very rare drop rate to encourage people to auction them.  

59. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 06:11 InBlack

Its a shame that the margins are so huge. This coupled with the fact that we have a severly handicapped battle.net interface (chat) means that it will be very hard if not impossible for someone to "trade-up" so to speak to the greatest and best items. Something I enjoyed doing in Diablo2.

Basically, unless you are really lucky or only trade in-game or through chat, the only way you are going to see the best uber items is if you buy them through the auction house.

I have a nifty blue line!

58. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 05:44 Golwar

Don't mind him. He has already proven that he has no idea and probably never played D2 beyond a certain stage. Otherwise he'd have registered that there were no such limitations.

Jerusahat wrote on May 1, 2012, 23:52:
    RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:52:
    PHJF wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:42:
    "Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

Where the hell did you hear that?
    That'd be a pretty gigantic fucking change (for the negative).

Yeah I don't believe that's accurate, I often found the same exact set items in the same game in D2 for example, I doubt they changed that.

Set items aren't Uniques. What I described is exactly the same as D2.

Ah, too funny when people act as experts and have no clue what they are talking about.

157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo