Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auctions Detailed

Blizzard announces a new Global Play functionality for Battle.net to allow Diablo III players to play on servers in different regions. They also announce a new Auction House Website for the action/RPG as home to the in-game auction functionality in the action/RPG sequel. This FAQ has all the details, including how the house rake will work:

In the gold-based auction house, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the final sale price of a successful auction.

In the real-money auction-house, for equipment such as weapons and armor, a fixed transaction fee will be deducted from the seller for each piece of equipment successfully sold. This fee is assessed only if the item is sold. For commodities such as crafting materials, gems, gold, and other “stackable” items, a 15% transaction fee will be deducted from the total sale price.
[…]
Note that additional fees apply for players who choose to receive the proceeds of their successful auction via PayPal™ (in regions where this option is available). See the Functionality section of this FAQ for further details.

View
157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

37. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 00:39 Cutter

Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 23:22:
Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:46:
I plan on making back the cost of my copy selling items to the morons who will actually blow money on virtual items.

Somehow I think that unless you're a gold farmer who spends 20 hours a day "running Pindle", YOU are likely not going to have anything anyone wants to buy. I could be wrong of course. There will probably be plenty of idiots who'll buy the equivalent of an underpowered green drop for a buck, but the real stuff will come from the legendary/artifact items, and those are undoubtedly going to drop even LESS frequently than they already did in D2. (artificial scarcity increases the price, increases Blizzard's cut...)

Creston

Seeing how scummy Blizzard has become they've probably got it rigged now so you'll never be able to find a complete armour set and will be forced to buy from the AH so they can make money.

Also as others have stated, with millions of people all selling the same crap how are you ever going to find anything you want (if it's not a set). And it'll be race to the bottom on most items.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 00:35 deqer

Slippy wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:57:
Also, do you guys really think all the D2 sites that sold items purchased them off of players with all the duping going on??? NO. Yes, Bliz saw an opportunity to make money... but they are also allowing us to participate and reap some of the 'profits' from it.
but that's still not a good enough reason for the entire game to be "online required" for Single Player mode.

We truely do not own what we buy anymore; in this case, a video game called Diablo 3 we do not own.

The "online requirement" is to track/own you.

The "for security reasons" is just the positive bullshit we're being fed.

35. The Koreans will kill the market... May 2, 2012, 00:29 JohnBirshire

I remember when UO gold sold for $15 per mill, the Koreans started farming, and bam it was 50 cents. The same will happen to Diablo 3, they will be playing 24 hours a day in factories and everyone else will be lucky to get tablescraps for hard earned items.  

34. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 00:21 RollinThundr

Jerusahat wrote on May 1, 2012, 23:52:
RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:52:
PHJF wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:42:
"Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

Where the hell did you hear that?
That'd be a pretty gigantic fucking change (for the negative).

Yeah I don't believe that's accurate, I often found the same exact set items in the same game in D2 for example, I doubt they changed that.

Set items aren't Uniques. What I described is exactly the same as D2.

Actually preeeeety sure I found duplicate uniques in the same game more than once as well. Though it's been a few years.

33. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:52 Jerusahat

RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:52:
"Unique" means that it can only drop once per playthrough for you, and if you already possess it, it won't drop again.

Yeah I don't believe that's accurate, I often found the same exact set items in the same game in D2 for example, I doubt they changed that.

Set items aren't Uniques. What I described is exactly the same as D2.

32. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:49 Bucky

I personally think the RMAH is being given far too much attention. Blizzard saw a problem with D2 (third party selling, with cheats) and has attempted to create a solution to the problem that they profit from. That's fine by me; they aren't in the business of making games just so I can have fun.

If you don't like the RMAH, don't use it. I don't have any intention of using it, and I will probably try to avoid the gold auction house as well. For me the fun of the game comes from finding the items, and having to choose between less than ideal gear, not from online shopping (no matter what the currency). I'll admit that curiosity will no doubt eventually get me and I'll explore the auction houses, but going in I intend to completely ignore them.

31. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:47 Sepharo

Nate wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:58:
I would suspect that Blizzard will lower the fees if this turns into a big money maker.

That'll happen as soon as the Republicans vote to raise taxes.

Kotick is sending around the never less than 15% pledge right now for everyone to sign.

30. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:38 Linksil

Okay I really don't get this. Read through the FAQ's. If I post somthing to the AH and put the money into the blizzard account(maxed at 100$) How do I get that money out without putting it through another 15%+ in fee's to paypal? Am I the only one out there that HATES paypal and dosn't use it? Not even really expecting to sell anything, but hey if I fool buy's something I post latter in the game I'd like to know how to GET the money.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

29. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:35 born2expire

Whatever, time is money. So take it as you will, to some people the RMAH is outrageous (people with no real lives but huge virtual lives) and others RMAH is a great idea (people with jobs, families, and real concerns). Personally, I fall somewhere in the middle and I haven't ruled out the RMAH, but I don't see using it (but never say never).  

28. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:22 Creston

Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:46:
I plan on making back the cost of my copy selling items to the morons who will actually blow money on virtual items.

Somehow I think that unless you're a gold farmer who spends 20 hours a day "running Pindle", YOU are likely not going to have anything anyone wants to buy. I could be wrong of course. There will probably be plenty of idiots who'll buy the equivalent of an underpowered green drop for a buck, but the real stuff will come from the legendary/artifact items, and those are undoubtedly going to drop even LESS frequently than they already did in D2. (artificial scarcity increases the price, increases Blizzard's cut...)

Creston

27. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:17 Creston

OMG, you mean people might like to play with friends who are on a different continent? Get the fuck out of here, Blizzard, that's fucking CRAZY TALK!

Creston

26. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:15 Slippy

My first example was Portal 2... last I checked I paid for the game and it wasn't an MMO.

Team Fortress 2...
Orcs Must Die...
Crazy Machines...
Civ 5...

YES... It's apples to apples.

I used DDO as an example of what could be worse.

25. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 23:06 RollinThundr

Slippy wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:57:
You guys need to put this in perspective... this is really no different than purchasing DLC for a game you enjoy. I've bought different items for Portal 2 just because it makes my little robot look different... at least the AH has some impact on your game play.

Also, do you guys really think all the D2 sites that sold items purchased them off of players with all the duping going on??? NO. Yes, Bliz saw an opportunity to make money... but they are also allowing us to participate and reap some of the 'profits' from it.

I think used correctly, it will be an excellent addition to the game. Ignoring the gold trading, even if you just post items to sell and you sell one occasionally at a very low price... eventually, you might wrack up a few bucks and be able to buy something you want with no real out of pocket expense.

Besides, it's totally optional. It could be a lot worse, what if you reached 15th level and then suddenly you have to pay $20.00 to access the next 15 levels (ala. Dungeons and Dragons Online). There are definately worse scenarios...

Just my opinion of course...

D3 isn't a F2P MMO last I checked, that DDO comparison is comparing apples to oranges.

At any rate once the dupes roll in, and they will, it'll be more fun watching this explode in ActiBlizzard's face than playing the game no doubt.

24. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:58 Nate

I would suspect that Blizzard will lower the fees if this turns into a big money maker. They are trying something new for them. How can they know what it should be priced. If nobody uses the real-money AH, all the money they sunk into it will be wasted.  

23. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:57 Slippy

You guys need to put this in perspective... this is really no different than purchasing DLC for a game you enjoy. I've bought different items for Portal 2 just because it makes my little robot look different... at least the AH has some impact on your game play.

I think used correctly, it will be an excellent addition to the game. Ignoring the gold trading, even if you just post items to sell and you sell one occasionally at a very low price... eventually, you might wrack up a few bucks and be able to buy something you want with no real out of pocket expense.

Besides, it's totally optional. It could be a lot worse, what if you reached 15th level and then suddenly you have to pay $20.00 to access the next 15 levels (ala. Dungeons and Dragons Online). There are definately worse scenarios...

Just my opinion of course...

**** EDIT: I DON'T think anyone will make big bucks farming items... if they do, it will be few and far between and would have to be one of two types:
1. Groups of players that are on the game all the time.
2. Resellers; purchase items and sell them for more.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 23:09.

22. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:55 Prez

None of this sounds like a system I wish to be a part of. It's part sad, part ridiculous, part disturbing, with a hefty dose of befuddling for flavor.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:54 RollinThundr

deqer wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:41:
"Please buy our game, Diablo 3. Look at our NEW global play functionality, and AH website!" lulz...

RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:21:
Still I could never understand those wanting to pay real money for pixelated items in a video game in the first place.
It's because "it's Diablo", similar to the phrase "it's WoW" or "it's Blizzard"

and speaking of that, as a result you then basically have the fanbois preach about how wonderful Diablo is, and how wonderful Blizzard is; and of course Blizzard hears all this and then their ego increases and they start to get ahead of themselves, making questionable decisions that they know we'll eat up because we're fanbois that eat anything shoved down our throats because "it's Blizzard" or "it's Diablo" without actually thinking twice about it.

Not sure if you're being serious but actually that's pretty accurate when you really think about it, Blizzard is imo the most overrated developer in the industry and I thought that long before WoW ever saw the light of day.

20. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:52 RollinThundr

19. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:42 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 1, 2012, 22:41 deqer

"Please buy our game, Diablo 3. Look at our NEW global play functionality, and AH website!" lulz...

RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:21:
Still I could never understand those wanting to pay real money for pixelated items in a video game in the first place.
It's because "it's Diablo", similar to the phrase "it's WoW" or "it's Blizzard"

and speaking of that, as a result you then basically have the fanbois preach about how wonderful Diablo is, and how wonderful Blizzard is; and of course Blizzard hears all this and then their ego increases and they start to get ahead of themselves, making questionable decisions that they know we'll eat up because we're fanbois that eat anything shoved down our throats because "it's Blizzard" or "it's Diablo" without actually thinking twice about it.

157 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo