Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed

The Bethesda Blog has a logo for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard, presumably DLC for Bethesda's RPG sequel. This is followed by a blurb saying "Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3." Presumably it is coming to the Windows and PS3 editions of the game as well. E3 2012 begins June 5th.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 3, 2012, 01:46 Quinn

This DLC must be at least as short as the original main quest or I'm not buying. Except if the DLC will feature dragonflight gameplay. That'd just be epic.

PS: How's this game's replayability for a completionist like myself? Tedious, useless or lovely? Matter of opinion, I know, but I would lpve someone's thought on the matter!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 21:25 Verno

Flatline wrote on May 2, 2012, 19:02:
The steam workshop is pretty cool though in that respect. I wish the interface was better for navigating but beyond that the subscriptions and the ability to see how overall popular a mod is is pretty damn cool.

Yeah you're right. I got into this weird situation where half of my mods are through the Nexus Mod Manager and the other half are in Steam Workshop. I've never been 100% comfortable using either for some reason, I think I need to just bite the bullet, wipe everything and only use one from now on.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

50. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 19:02 Flatline

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 09:24:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:02:
I'm on my second playthrough, which I'm looking to fully explore and complete (though I didn't exactly skimp on my first). A delay of a month is completely irrelevant to me, especially when I have so many great games and will be playing a lot of Diablo III by then. Sure it would be nice if Microsoft also gave PC users some love - especially as they created Windows and DirectX... it's not like they don't have any interest in it - but it has already shown complete contempt for the PC gaming market and there's no signs of that changing.

The only problem I find with long waits between replays of Elder Scrolls games is that you almost need a big mod refresher course. Stuff you used before will inevitably be outdated and new incompatibilities will be found. I always feel like its a bunch of work to get back into them so I like to play them right away, that's what kind of sucks about the wait for DLC.

I can't really play without the mods either of course, many are so good I consider them vital to the experience. Oh well!

The steam workshop is pretty cool though in that respect. I wish the interface was better for navigating but beyond that the subscriptions and the ability to see how overall popular a mod is is pretty damn cool.

49. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 18:56 Flatline

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:24:
Xoxotl wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:12:
space captain wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:00:
yeh, where is the Paranoia MMORPG when you need it

What is your Security Clearance, citizen?

I still can't believe no one has ever taken a stab at making a Paranoia CRPG.

It would be completely unlike any CRPG out on the market. It'd probably become another Planescape: Torment. Utter classic, financial failure.

48. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 13:08 Kastagir

Jerykk wrote on May 2, 2012, 04:57:
They're probably going to kit it out for Windows at the same time. I think MS paid for console exclusivity. I could be wrong, though.

You're wrong. MS paid for timed exclusivity across all platforms. That's what they did with Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, the CoD games, GTA4, etc. They want to screw all non-Xbox owners, regardless of whether you're on PC or PS3.

Actually, what Microsoft really wants is for every household to have an XBox in addition to a PC running Windows. Or multiples of each. But really, who will give a shit after the 30 days is up?

47. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 12:38 Slashman

Theo wrote on May 2, 2012, 09:48:
Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:53:
Yay, 360 timed-release exclusive.

It's like Todd Howard sits there wondering just HOW he can piss people the fuck off. "well, those damn PC pirates have had my game in the Steam top 10 for going on six straight months now, so let's make the DLC 360 exclusive!"

And yes, before some boring corporate assdrone comes on to whine how this was agreed on before the game released, it still fucking sucks ass, so shut up.

Creston

and it still sold less than on the 360. /wickedgrin

Are you sure that's actually still the case? Console sales drop off sharply once a game is out. Over the long run, I'd be surprised if Skyrim didn't outsell the 360 by a good bit.

46. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 09:48 Theo

Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:53:
Yay, 360 timed-release exclusive.

It's like Todd Howard sits there wondering just HOW he can piss people the fuck off. "well, those damn PC pirates have had my game in the Steam top 10 for going on six straight months now, so let's make the DLC 360 exclusive!"

And yes, before some boring corporate assdrone comes on to whine how this was agreed on before the game released, it still fucking sucks ass, so shut up.

Creston

and it still sold less than on the 360. /wickedgrin

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

45. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 09:37 Silicon Avatar

Get the Nexus Mod Manager. It'll remember what mods you have and tell you if they are out of date.

It's really handy.

44. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 09:26 Klaus Flouride

June? lol.  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

43. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 09:24 Verno

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2012, 21:02:
I'm on my second playthrough, which I'm looking to fully explore and complete (though I didn't exactly skimp on my first). A delay of a month is completely irrelevant to me, especially when I have so many great games and will be playing a lot of Diablo III by then. Sure it would be nice if Microsoft also gave PC users some love - especially as they created Windows and DirectX... it's not like they don't have any interest in it - but it has already shown complete contempt for the PC gaming market and there's no signs of that changing.

The only problem I find with long waits between replays of Elder Scrolls games is that you almost need a big mod refresher course. Stuff you used before will inevitably be outdated and new incompatibilities will be found. I always feel like its a bunch of work to get back into them so I like to play them right away, that's what kind of sucks about the wait for DLC.

I can't really play without the mods either of course, many are so good I consider them vital to the experience. Oh well!

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

42. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 07:19 xXBatmanXx

^Drag0n^ wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:10:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 1, 2012, 20:46:
looks at thread...bla bla bla
Ok, so I am a Redguard character....what is Dawnguard? hmmmm....

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Daedric Meridia, as she gave you a glowing Daedric Artifact called the "Dawnbreaker" upon completion of the quest "The Break of Dawn."

Good point. Should be fun - have no interest in being a Vampire or a Werewolf - so whatever. (This isn't Twilight) I have no problem slaying them though!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

41. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 04:57 Jerykk

They're probably going to kit it out for Windows at the same time. I think MS paid for console exclusivity. I could be wrong, though.

You're wrong. MS paid for timed exclusivity across all platforms. That's what they did with Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, the CoD games, GTA4, etc. They want to screw all non-Xbox owners, regardless of whether you're on PC or PS3.

40. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 01:12 ^Drag0n^

Quboid wrote on May 1, 2012, 20:08:
EDIT: As is so often the case, Chris Rock said it much better than I ever could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0B_ekSrsEk

That is awesome. +1.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

39. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 01:10 ^Drag0n^

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 1, 2012, 20:46:
looks at thread...bla bla bla
Ok, so I am a Redguard character....what is Dawnguard? hmmmm....

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Daedric Meridia, as she gave you a glowing Daedric Artifact called the "Dawnbreaker" upon completion of the quest "The Break of Dawn."

38. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 01:05 ^Drag0n^

Yet another reason not to have a PS3.

37. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 2, 2012, 00:21 Lord Tea

shit like "Coming this summer to Xbox 360 ONLY, not to your PC you stupid idiot" only strengthens my argument "coming to my PC sometime for $5 ONLY, and not one cent more".

... glad to be a patient guy.

UPSA = United Police States of America

36. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 23:41 kodi

We get mods, the creation kit, access to the console, Steam, free hi-res texture packs. Let the console kiddies have this one.

Still mad, however this helps. Thanks for the perspective; I like the cut of your jib, Ratty.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 00:20.

35. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 22:18 nin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 1, 2012, 22:02:
Hrm... Skyrim must REALLY be great. It's STILL 60 bucks... where is my 9 dollar GotY version, Steam?

Still, tons of stuff to play, I will wait Bethesda out.

Honestly, I got in at $40 (which it's been a couple of times now) and it was a steal...

I'd be surprised if it didn't dip again for an upcoming steam summer sale.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm... Skyrim must REALLY be great. It's STILL 60 bucks... where is my 9 dollar GotY version, Steam?

Still, tons of stuff to play, I will wait Bethesda out.

33. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 21:02 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo