Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed

The Bethesda Blog has a logo for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard, presumably DLC for Bethesda's RPG sequel. This is followed by a blurb saying "Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3." Presumably it is coming to the Windows and PS3 editions of the game as well. E3 2012 begins June 5th.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

32. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:46 xXBatmanXx

looks at thread...bla bla bla bitch bitch bitch, bla bla bla...

Ok, so I am a Redguard character....what is Dawnguard? hmmmm....

Looks like all Wiki stuff was deleted, but got this from the cache:
A Guild of Vampire Hunters rumored to be in the next skyrim DLC

Dont' like looking at GameSpot, but they bring this tidbit up:
The title Dawnguard is not a surprise. In March, Bethesda parent company Zenimax sought a trademark for Dawnguard but did not provide any details on what it planned to do with the name. For more on Skyrim, check out GameSpot's review.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:40 Undocumented Alien

This is followed by a blurb saying "Coming this summer to Xbox 360. More details at E3." Presumably it is coming to the Windows and PS3 editions of the game as well. E3 2012 begins June 5th.

It would be OK if Blizz did it...

30. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:31 NKD

Lorcin wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:53:
Fuck you Bethesda. Stop being so platformist or I'll start stealing you shit.

And we wonder why everyone calls us a bunch of no-good pirates...

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:19 Ratty

We get mods, the creation kit, access to the console, Steam, free hi-res texture packs. Let the console kiddies have this one.  

28. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:08 Quboid

Lorcin wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:53:
I bought Skyrim for my PC.

I supported the developers by buying the game rather than the much cheaper option of downloading it for free.

I gave them the respect I felt they deserved for crafting an awesome game by paying for it.

They then shit in my face and tell me the continuation of the game will be exclusive to a console I don't own for awhile because that's who offered them the most money.

Fuck you Bethesda. Stop being so platformist or I'll start stealing you shit. If you can't treat all platforms with respect then why should we respect you profit margins?

I really hope you're being sarcastic. Are you being sarcastic, or are you actually trying to claim that this justifies piracy? It's one thing to be annoyed but geez, grow up. You bought Skyrim and you got Skyrim.

That you generously paid for it rather than pirating it (well done you!) doesn't mean that they owe you anything more. The sense of entitlement here is breathtaking, you think that because you valiantly OBEYED THE FUCKING LAW you deserve extra?

EDIT: As is so often the case, Chris Rock said it much better than I ever could:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0B_ekSrsEk

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 20:22.

- Quboid

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:04 Kastagir

The first two DLC were known to be XBox360 exclusive for 30 days. This was known before Skyrim was released, before it sold millions of copies and before we knew what their DLC plans were and nobody complained back then. I guess if you're able to look at it in a positive light, consider the 30-day period as a beta test for the PC release. It would be a welcome reversal from the beta updates we've seen up until now. Not that they actually fix anything that gets reported, but you never know.

HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:59:
I just wonder how many 360's this technique really sells?

The purpose is to make the 360 a more attractive choice than the PS3. This is Microsoft's often narrow perspective on shaping market share. And they wonder why nobody believes them when they say they're making PC gaming a priority.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 20:14.

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 19:56 Rea1One

Finally new content, got all the achievements and need new ones to collect.

altho it would be nice when they finally add the End of game DLC with credits and all.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 05:37.

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 19:13 loomy

you might have a chemical imbalance if you're surprised or disappointed by temporary product exclusivity.  

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:59 HorrorScope

I just wonder how many 360's this technique really sells? And whatever the sum paid, how many 360's have to be sold to make up for just this? I bet it's a money loser. But why not do it anyway, MS cares about PC gamers. (Newer Fashionable Joke)  

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:53 Lorcin

Was drunk and pissed off about this after spending hours modding my copy to have some kind of non console ui.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 02:28.

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:51 Cutter

J wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:49:
*eyes thread*
Warlock will be keeping me warm and cozy.
*turns attention back to demo*

Yeah, I quite enjoy it. And really enjoy that's it's only 20 clams too!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:49 J

*eyes thread*
Warlock will be keeping me warm and cozy.
*turns attention back to demo*

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:47 Akuinnen

I remember way back in 2010...

[url=]http://www.bluesnews.com/s/114501/on-microsoft-games-studio_s-pc-recommitment[/url]

“There’s been a fair bit of criticism aimed at Microsoft that we were spending a lot of our focus on console, and we need to be putting resources behind PC as well,” Microsoft Games Studios’ general manager Dave Luehmann told MCV in an interview.

I wonder how that worked out for Mr Luehmann, seeing as he's now at Trion.

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:36 dj LiTh

Its ok, delayed orgasm are normally the best anyways...  

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:34 Darks

Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:53:
Yay, 360 timed-release exclusive.

It's like Todd Howard sits there wondering just HOW he can piss people the fuck off. "well, those damn PC pirates have had my game in the Steam top 10 for going on six straight months now, so let's make the DLC 360 exclusive!"

And yes, before some boring corporate assdrone comes on to whine how this was agreed on before the game released, it still fucking sucks ass, so shut up.

Creston

Totally agree with ya Creston, there’s nothing more that pisses me off then getting slapped in the face for supporting this game and then being told fuck you, we are releasing the DLC on the shitbox first.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:30 Alamar

RollinThundr wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:56:
Creston wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:53:
Yay, 360 timed-release exclusive.

It's like Todd Howard sits there wondering just HOW he can piss people the fuck off.

Creston

I dunno, if MS or Sony drove dumptrucks full of cash up to your studio and said 1 month DLC exclusive for us! Dumptruck full of cash for you! and said it in a russian accent, you might break too.

In Soviet Russia, cash full of dumptruck...

-Alamar

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:24 Cutter

Xoxotl wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:12:
space captain wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:00:
yeh, where is the Paranoia MMORPG when you need it

What is your Security Clearance, citizen?

I still can't believe no one has ever taken a stab at making a Paranoia CRPG.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:12 Xoxotl

space captain wrote on May 1, 2012, 18:00:
yeh, where is the Paranoia MMORPG when you need it

What is your Security Clearance, citizen?

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:12 CythrawL

Xoxotl wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:58:
CythrawL wrote on May 1, 2012, 17:22:
That joke is getting so long in the tooth that it "almost" makes arrow to the knee jokes look original

If there's anything us PC gamers can be relied upon for, it's played-out past-its-prime humor.

(eyes glance at the DNF icon on my desktop)

Oh I agree... and to be quite honest the fact that its coming on Xbox first doesn't bother me in the slightest for some reason. I have another playthru of the Witcher 2 to do (with the new version that dropped a few weeks ago), Diablo 3 is right on the doorstep, and Skyrim just got kitted out with some new less performance impacting ENB drivers and textures (Read not Skyrim HD) that it looks like it will be getting a playthru again as well.

To be honest, -and I think its sad this-, For some reason I am addicted on getting mods to work to run Skyrim at the highest fidelity with the least performance drop.. Its like over-clocking, but not... Im just weird I guess

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Revealed May 1, 2012, 18:06 jacobvandy

It was known at least by the time Skyrim came out that the first two DLC releases would be timed exclusives for Xbox.

Here's the first google result that came up: G4TV

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo