Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Black Ops II Revealed

The Call of Duty Website still counts down to today's big reveal, but the U.K. version of the site confirms that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the next installment in the military shooter series (thanks PC Gamer). They offer a couple of "coming soon" screenshots, and a worldwide reveal trailer that's listed as private on the YouTube end, so in the spirit of the Cold War theme of this arm of the series, we'll chalk that up to either top secrecy, or the work of double agents. The site also has a preorder link confirming a November 13, 2012 release for the console editions.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:52 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on May 1, 2012, 11:41:
Well, MW3 had the worst sales drop off since MW1 from January onwards. This is a sign that people are starting to get fed up of the same shit. Let's see if that sales decline keeps on with this one. If it does I give it 2 sequels before Activision declares CoD dead.

Obviously Bobby didn't learn by driving the Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk IP's into the ground. They need to do the same to COD too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:43 ASeven

Quboid wrote on May 1, 2012, 11:38:
Damn people, buying games they like rather than games I like. If only they'd see that my opinions are objectively correct and that they should fund the sort of trendy indie games that I play. Imagine being dumb enough to buy this and think you're enjoying it when actually Activision tricked you into buying it and tricked you into thinking you like it.

Funny, ever since MW2 all Cod games play exactly the same so I would call each of them after MW2 as glorified map packs. But there's always a sucker willing to pay $60 plus DLC for glorified map packs when the gameplay is exactly the same.

13. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:41 ASeven

Well, MW3 had the worst sales drop off since MW1 from January onwards. This is a sign that people are starting to get fed up of the same shit. Let's see if that sales decline keeps on with this one. If it does I give it 2 sequels before Activision declares CoD dead.  

12. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:38 Quboid

Damn people, buying games they like rather than games I like. If only they'd see that my opinions are objectively correct and that they should fund the sort of trendy indie games that I play. Imagine being dumb enough to buy this and think you're enjoying it when actually Activision tricked you into buying it and tricked you into thinking you like it.  

- Quboid

11. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:37 Verno

At least in this case they're going to a futuristic setting a la BF2143 although I doubt the base gameplay will change much. Maybe there will be a "play a mech!" gimmick level or something.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

10. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:37 Morgan19

Dunno, I won't be writing this one off so quickly. Given the futuristic BF2142-ish screens that were released today (see linky below), I'll definitely keep my eyes on it. I agree that the rapid-fire yearly CoD releases are ridiculous, but a non-WWII/non-modern change of setting may do the series some good...

Screenshots

m19

9. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:30 SpectralMeat

As long as people keep buying this game and the shit DLC Activision keeps on milking it year after year. They don't have to change anything to the game, just add new perks, a few maps and peeps will line up n front of the store to preorder it.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:03 xXBatmanXx

Well, no surprise, they burned the Guitar Hero games into the ground - they will do the same with any game they have.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 10:42 TheFragMan

Call of Duty 9: Modern Warfare 4: Black Ops 2!

Or did I lose count somewhere? Either way, I will pass on this, as with the last several iterations of this series.

- Frag

6. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 10:41 Verno

Elessar wrote on May 1, 2012, 10:37:
Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 09:44:
I still laugh every time I hear someone say "CODBLOPS", it just sounds ludicrous. I only played this at a friends place but it seemed like the same old stuff. I guess if the formula works then run it into the ground.
Where's the friggin ground then, cause I'm sick of this complete lack of innovation.

I wish I knew, I'm pretty tired of it too man Hopefully CoD weakens over the generational gap and with the continued dilution of the brand through offshoots.

5. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 10:37 Elessar

Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 09:44:
I still laugh every time I hear someone say "CODBLOPS", it just sounds ludicrous. I only played this at a friends place but it seemed like the same old stuff. I guess if the formula works then run it into the ground.
Where's the friggin ground then, cause I'm sick of this complete lack of innovation.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

4. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 10:20 NegaDeath

I'm shocked. Shocked I say! I was sure we'd be getting "COD Super Kart Racers" instead.

In that one the tactical nuke is like the homing blue shell.

3. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 10:10 CommunistHamster

I am truly surprised at the announcement of a sequel to a highly profitable franchise.  

2. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 09:57 Smooth Gravy

This formula has hit bedrock...  

1. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 09:44 Verno

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo