Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Black Ops II Revealed

The Call of Duty Website still counts down to today's big reveal, but the U.K. version of the site confirms that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the next installment in the military shooter series (thanks PC Gamer). They offer a couple of "coming soon" screenshots, and a worldwide reveal trailer that's listed as private on the YouTube end, so in the spirit of the Cold War theme of this arm of the series, we'll chalk that up to either top secrecy, or the work of double agents. The site also has a preorder link confirming a November 13, 2012 release for the console editions.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 21:32 Gib007

Moooooooooooooooo!!
When will the lactation end?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:39 TangledThorns

This looks console only which shows but still... looks awful.  

33. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 20:32 Rea1One

Finally mechs in COD game!

it was pitty homefront & frontlines fuel of war didn't have walking mechs.. which is why blacklight retribution & BF2142 was always better.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 20:55.

32. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 17:26 Cutter

Call of Doody: Black Poop II.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

31. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 16:52 Quboid

Wildone wrote on May 1, 2012, 12:35:
Uhmm didn't homefront already do this? WTF do people think everything COD does is so revolutionary when they dont innovate in the slightest

What did Homefront do that's in this? I think you'll find that not many people think COD is revolutionary, at least not on here.

- Quboid

30. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 16:39 Jdrez

*Yawn.*  

29. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 15:51 maddog

I don't mind a sequel as long as they are sure to include training mode again.

Being a working professional with a family, I really don't have the time I did in my 20's to devote to online play. I greatly welcomed the training mode in BLOPs in that it allowed me to just quickly play a couple maps and matches and be done with it.

And if they do include training mode, I hope it's for all modes as well.

MD

28. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 15:15 Parallax Abstraction

Call of Duty: Another One  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

27. I have a different take on this... May 1, 2012, 13:49 Shataan

"As long as it sells, and sells big, they will keep making them."

Reading the above you`d think that cause it sells, and sells big, it is a great game. I think the reason games are selling big as you put it, is because a particular game these days has no real competition. Meaning, if there were 8 Devs out there releasing a similar game, you`d have a good choice of what to look at and ultimately buy. The cooler game selling the greater number.

These days we are pretty well stuck with having to buy all these COD/BF/MW reduxs`. And with so little genre choice, and peeps waiting so freaking long inbetween releases.... it is basicly "pimp to crack ho`" game sales.

With nearly 3 pcs in almost every household and little Johnny screaming for more in Dads ear, how can a game these days.... even a steaming pile of crap NOT sell big?

Quality matters little anymore, only numbers. But I do believe what goes around will eventually come around. Cause the kinda strategy they are using will bite em in the azz. Maybe not now, but it`s gonna happen.

26. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 13:42 Creston

OMG SQUEEEE!

:-squee-:

Rolleyes

Creston

25. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 13:20 MajorD

Beamer wrote on May 1, 2012, 13:06:
Uhmm didn't homefront already do this? WTF do people think everything COD does is so revolutionary when they dont innovate in the slightest

There's a supposed leak of multiplayer features, including new perks, and people that are serious hardcore CoD players are ecstatic that they're really finally innovating and thinking hard at how to change it.

I didn't notice much huge but hardly looked. I think the perk system, when done well, is the best thing they're doing. When done well.

Haven't played any of the Treyarch games...

Add all the reskinning and perks you want, but when it comes right down to it, it will be the SOS all over again...AGAIN; kinda like this. Yeah, it's a repeat, and it's of QUAKE, but you get the idea.

24. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 13:06 Beamer

There's a supposed leak of multiplayer features, including new perks, and people that are serious hardcore CoD players are ecstatic that they're really finally innovating and thinking hard at how to change it.

I didn't notice much huge but hardly looked. I think the perk system, when done well, is the best thing they're doing. When done well.

Haven't played any of the Treyarch games...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:59 NegaDeath

At the very least putting it in the future allows for some new gameplay possibilities that new equipment could bring.

I admit, I am cautiously optimistic. And that's just weird when it comes to COD.

And if it takes off and the "Future Warfare" era becomes popular there's a better chance of getting Battlefield 2143 with Titan mode in the new engine

22. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:48 Elessar

We haven't really had a good futuristic shooter since BF2142. So just because someone attempted to do something, doesn't mean they succeeded. We'll have to see what they do with codblops2, but they generally make a solid game. The fact they're straying from the tired modern day shooter setting/gameplay and they make solid working games is probably what has people interested. No one claimed it was revolutionary, but they have a chance of making a good futuristic shooter.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

21. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:47 Jago

This screenshot made me think of the Mammoth Tank 2 from Tiberian Sun.  

20. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:35 Wildone

19. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:29 Elessar

Seems I jumped the gun on judging this too soon. Looks like there will be a futuristic setting, which piques my interest. Why they're introducing such a drastic setting change it in an offshoot sequel is beyond me, but I'm still interested to see what this will be about. Here are some screenshots.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

18. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 12:01 NegaDeath

I will give them credit for at least having the "B" studio make games in different timeframes (Vietnam, Future apparently).  

17. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:57 JaguarUSF

Verno wrote on May 1, 2012, 10:41:
I wish I knew, I'm pretty tired of it too man

As long as it sells, and sells big, they will keep making them. The only solution is to stop buying it, and there are too many teenagers to keep that from happening.

16. Re: Call of Black Ops II Revealed May 1, 2012, 11:55 eunichron

Morgan19 wrote on May 1, 2012, 11:37:
Dunno, I won't be writing this one off so quickly. Given the futuristic BF2142-ish screens that were released today (see linky below), I'll definitely keep my eyes on it. I agree that the rapid-fire yearly CoD releases are ridiculous, but a non-WWII/non-modern change of setting may do the series some good...

Screenshots

m19

I really hate to say it, but that actually looks pretty cool. Though, I'd rather have Battlefield 2143.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo