Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio

The Fullbright Company Website is home to a new game development studio started up by Steve Gaynor, Johnnemann Nordhagen, and Karla Zimonja (thanks MCV). Here's a bit on where they've been: "In the past our teammembers have worked in various capacities on BioShock 2, Minerva’s Den, XCOM, and BioShock Infinite. Our closest collaboration was on the small team responsible for the Minerva’s Den DLC for BioShock 2, of which Steve was the writer and design lead." And here's a bit on where they see themselves heading:

And basically, in our time apart after that project, we missed it. We missed working on a small team, on a small project, focused on telling a personal story in a player-driven way. We wanted to do that again. It was fun last time.

So we bailed out of corporate game development and reformed as an indie team, to see what we can do on our own. Well, ‘on our own’ is a big exaggeration. We’ll need lots of help from our talented friends who make amazing music and sound, and from environment artists who want to get involved in making our gameworld look mysterious and atmospheric and alive.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio May 1, 2012, 18:24 Cutter

Well, I guess we'll see if they have the chops or not at some point.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio May 1, 2012, 11:13 Ratty

I've heard Minerva's Den was really good but I just don't want to deal with GFWL. I got a new computer, don't remember the account or password I've used, don't want to bother figuring out how to reset it - plus I've heard I may not even be able to play it anyway because of GFWL problems.  

4. Re: Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio May 1, 2012, 10:39 Parallax Abstraction

I really enjoyed Minerva's Den and am curious to see what they come up with. Hopefully it's not another weak iOS game. I'm starting to wonder how long it will be before all these new mobile indie teams starting up realise what most of the industry already knows, that iOS is already insanely hit driven and your chances of success in that ecosystem are lightning strike thin.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

3. Re: Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio May 1, 2012, 10:25 Verno

No I think you're way off on this one nin. Minerva's Den was really good both in writing and gameplay, much better than the base Bioshock 2 game which was just more of the same. Also Steve Gaynor was one of the best personalities on the Idle Thumbs podcast.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

2. Re: Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio May 1, 2012, 10:06 nin

Yeah, it's not much of a pedigree. If their plan is a kickstarter, I'd be very leery.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Minerva's Den Vets Form Studio May 1, 2012, 09:55 avianflu

I wish them good luck but on the other hand I bought Bioshock 2 and that was a dog. Total re-hash of 1's assets, with cruddy melee combat. The major game critics loved it though.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo