Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Walking Dead Episode One Released

Telltale Games now offers the first episode of The Walking Dead, their adventure series based on the zombie comic series. Those interested can spring USD $24.95 for the series and get to playing episode one now, with the remaining four installments expected on a monthly basis going forward. Here's word:

The Walking Dead is a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series. Gain access to the full season [5 episodes] of The Walking Dead by purchasing the Season Pass, your gateway to a dark and emotional season where every decision and action can result in the entire story of the game changing around you. Updates will automatically be downloaded and the in-game menu will act as your gateway to accessing all of the episodes as they are released monthly.

Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:33 Jerykk

First episode was pretty good. Very short, though. Only 2 hours. Granted, you're only paying $5 per episode but 2 hours still seems short by gaming standards.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:33 Marvin T. Martian

From what i have read it's just a point and click adventure game brought to you by the same group that did the back to the future episode game.
Not my style but the kiddies might like it.

As for the TV show, just about all the characters that were jerks (Shane was such an a-hole,) or imbeciles (Dale)in the show (hidden spoiler) got killed off in the last couple of shows except for the sheriff's wife (Lori). Hopefully she gets it early in the first episode of season 3.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2012, 18:13.

5. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:14 Dev

I haven't finished catching up on this season yet of the TV series, but yeah I like what I've seen of it. And I agree, I like how they develop the characters. I haven't felt it lacked action, the action it has is quite good.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2012, 16:19.

4. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:03 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 15:49:
It has got to be better than JurASSic Park was, right?

And I am not sure why the show gets so much hate. There's plenty of less cerebral, more action-oriented zombie flicks if that is your thing. Of course, it could be the purists hating on it; I never read the comic.

I finally watched it all and was very glad I didn't listen to many around here. It doesn't need to be zombie killing for an hour straight, I liked the dialog/drama just as well.

3. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 15:49 Prez

It has got to be better than JurASSic Park was, right?

And I am not sure why the show gets so much hate. There's plenty of less cerebral, more action-oriented zombie flicks if that is your thing. Of course, it could be the purists hating on it; I never read the comic.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 15:36 Dr.Del

No the PC game is released in total for $25.

The Xbox Live game is released in 5 episodes, each about $5 each I believe.

I am guessing the playstation version (also released in 5 separate epidsodes) is priced similarly

I played the demo on XBL and it is pretty darn good...

- DrDel

1. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 15:11 Dirwulf

So they break up a game into 5 parts and charge $25 bucks for each? Hilarious. Of course the Walking Dead fan fools will eat this shit up.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo