Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Walking Dead Episode One Released

Telltale Games now offers the first episode of The Walking Dead, their adventure series based on the zombie comic series. Those interested can spring USD $24.95 for the series and get to playing episode one now, with the remaining four installments expected on a monthly basis going forward. Here's word:

The Walking Dead is a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkmanís award-winning comic book series. Gain access to the full season [5 episodes] of The Walking Dead by purchasing the Season Pass, your gateway to a dark and emotional season where every decision and action can result in the entire story of the game changing around you. Updates will automatically be downloaded and the in-game menu will act as your gateway to accessing all of the episodes as they are released monthly.

Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 30, 2012, 07:41 EbowGB

Please, step away from the internet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 16:55 Kawlisse

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 11:02:
Kawlisse wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 05:06:
The show is not about Zombies, its about the survivors, and how they react to it, how they interact,how they survive, it was the same in the comics !!! if you want senseless zombie actions, well go rent any of George A Romero's films ! (not saying these movies are not good, but they dont focus on the survivors... )

Somehow I doubt you ever watched the original Dead trilogy. The craziest stuff that happens is between the survivors. Zombies are the background storm.

I watched it when I was a kid, but that's been too many years, I don't remember those movies.

25. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 11:02 Mad Max RW

Kawlisse wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 05:06:
The show is not about Zombies, its about the survivors, and how they react to it, how they interact,how they survive, it was the same in the comics !!! if you want senseless zombie actions, well go rent any of George A Romero's films ! (not saying these movies are not good, but they dont focus on the survivors... )

Somehow I doubt you ever watched the original Dead trilogy. The craziest stuff that happens is between the survivors. Zombies are the background storm.

24. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 07:18 Jerykk

Amazon  

23. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 06:31 TheWitcher

Jerykk wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 05:46:
entr0py wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 00:59:
The requirement that you commit to pre-buying every episode sort of takes away the one good thing about an episodic release. I wonder why they can't just give PC gamers the same deal they're giving Xbox gamers?

On the bright side, you can find the season pass for less than $25, so PC gamers get each episode for less than console gamers.

Where can you get it for less than $25?

22. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 05:46 Jerykk

entr0py wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 00:59:
The requirement that you commit to pre-buying every episode sort of takes away the one good thing about an episodic release. I wonder why they can't just give PC gamers the same deal they're giving Xbox gamers?

On the bright side, you can find the season pass for less than $25, so PC gamers get each episode for less than console gamers.

21. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 05:06 Kawlisse

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 22:50:
Oh great. Will that fucking harpy Lori be in it, so she can bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch at you? I sure hope so, so I can SHOOT HER IN THE FUCKING FACE.

They should have subtitled season two : How to make a zombie show terminally uninteresting in One Easy Season!

Creston

20. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 02:30 Sepharo

TheWitcher wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 00:21:
Really enjoyed this game. Looking forward to Episode two.

Agreed. I didn't play Jurassic Park but Back To The Future seemed a bit too boring for me. I'm liking this a lot more, it managed to capture the show (and I assume comic) pretty damn well. Lots of neat dialog and then a zombie bashing, rinse and repeat. I was pretty surprised by the response choices actually making me contemplate a bit, nice touch. Where's my happy/mad icons so I can pick on easier

19. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 00:59 entr0py

18. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 00:21 TheWitcher

Really enjoyed this game. Looking forward to Episode two.  

17. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 00:13 Rossafur

I don't think there's anyone left on the show I care about, at all. But I went ahead and read the Compendium 1 after season 2 was over, and I didn't really care about any of the characters in that either. Basically just reinforced all my negative stereotypes about comic books and why I never got into them.  

16. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 23:45 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:33:
First episode was pretty good. Very short, though. Only 2 hours. Granted, you're only paying $5 per episode but 2 hours still seems short by gaming standards.

Yea it was a bit too short. Still, I enjoyed it and hopefully the next episodes will be longer. I especially liked how you have to make choices that can really affect your story down the line. Poor Doug never had a chance.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

15. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 22:50 Creston

Oh great. Will that fucking harpy Lori be in it, so she can bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch at you? I sure hope so, so I can SHOOT HER IN THE FUCKING FACE.

They should have subtitled season two : How to make a zombie show terminally uninteresting in One Easy Season!

Creston

14. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 21:07 Jerykk

Because I typo'd the wrong brackets--fixed now!

You should probably hide the entire paragraph, as the last sentence pretty much reveals what you were saying in the previous one.

13. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 18:14 Marvin T. Martian

Bhruic wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:36:
As for the TV show

Dude, you've got people in the thread who have already stated they haven't finished watching the show, why would you post such blatant spoilers like that?

Because I typo'd the wrong brackets--fixed now!

12. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 18:09 Marvin T. Martian

everyone wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:54:
RPS review. Sounds pretty decent actually.
I came away with a different opinion of the review.

11. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 18:09 Mad Max RW

Dirwulf wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 15:11:
So they break up a game into 5 parts and charge $25 bucks for each? Hilarious. Of course the Walking Dead fan fools will eat this shit up.

30 seconds of effort would have saved you from looking like a moron.

10. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:54 everyone

RPS review. Sounds pretty decent actually.  

9. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:36 Bhruic

As for the TV show

Dude, you've got people in the thread who have already stated they haven't finished watching the show, why would you post such blatant spoilers like that?

8. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:35 Bhruic

The show suffers from two things - a decrease in budget which left them less money to spend on locations, which lead to an entire season shot at the farm, and really, REALLY unlikeable characters.

Spoiler tags for those who haven't finished: The amount of hate that Lori and Carl get is immense (and deserved, imo). But even discounting that, there are very few characters who that aren't either one dimensional, or just plain annoying. Add in the number of nonsensical plot devices, and it becomes borderline aggravating. And that's from someone who likes the show.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo