Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gothic 3 Community Patch

Mad Vulture Games now offers a new Community Patch for Gothic 3, eradicating more of the bugs that plague Piranha Bytes' RPG sequel. The version 1.75 CP patch offers bug fixes and balance tweaks, widescreen UI support, and enhanced modification capabilities. You can find all the details in this change log.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: Gothic 3 Community Patch Apr 28, 2012, 16:12 Quboid

I played Gothic 3 with the latest community patch about a year ago, I don't think much has changed since then. It's very good, better than I'd expected given its reputation. I can easily believe that out of the box it was unplayable but with this patch, it's good fun.

This can be applied to the Game of the Year edition, which is probably what you'll find is easiest to buy for a few bucks from somewhere.

It's nothing like as pretty or as polished as the latest Elder Scrolls games but I found the world to have a fair bit more character. Skyrim is polished to the point where the world feels a bit generic, Gothic can't be accused of being too polished.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Gothic 3 Community Patch Apr 28, 2012, 14:13 Creston

Does this include all the previous offical (ie Piranha Bytes) patches? Does it fix the horribly shitty combat?

I may get this and give Gothic another go.

Creston

1. Re: Gothic 3 Community Patch Apr 28, 2012, 13:18 Quboid

I wonder if these guys are going to work on a Risen 2 patch. By the sounds of it, it needs one.  

- Quboid

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo