Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim DLC Hints?

A post on the Bethesda Softworks Forums discusses indications said to be present in the new patch for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that seem to reveal some of the content for the first DLC for the RPG sequel, which is expected to be announced as soon as next week. The patch includes mention of Crossbows, Snow Elves, a Snow Elf prince, additional vampire feeding animations, and more. Thanks Blend Games.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 18:11 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 13:04:
Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 12:43:
cronik wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 07:54:
I think they missed the boat already. They ought to chalk the game up as a success and work on the next mega-seller.

They're already working on Fallout 4, and I'm assuming planning has started for the next Elder Scrolls game. But most of the designers aren't involved with those senior-level designs yet, I would imagine, so they have time to crank out some DLC.

Creston

I guess after they showed all of the "we let developers work on whatever they want for 1 week" video....we would have seen DLC RIGHT AFTER THAT.......

I imagine that if this had been a PC only game, it might have happened that quickly. But DLC for the two decrepit old pieces of shit consoles have to go through eons of fucking testing, so that's probably what's causing the hold-up.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 13:56 Ruffiana

Quinn wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 21:22:
Surprised people are still passionately involved in Skyrim. I had enough after about 40 hours (max!) of gameplay. As every Elder Scroll's game: After mutliple hours into it, it becomes too obvious for my allowed amount of delusion to handle that nothing you do really matters. About 40 hours (max!) into the game, I feel like a mindless zombie wasting my Real Life.

Name a game where you actions 'really matter' in relation to real life.

Outside of that one that involves folding protein chains, I can't think of one.

18. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 13:04 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 12:43:
I think they missed the boat already. They ought to chalk the game up as a success and work on the next mega-seller.

They're already working on Fallout 4, and I'm assuming planning has started for the next Elder Scrolls game. But most of the designers aren't involved with those senior-level designs yet, I would imagine, so they have time to crank out some DLC.

Creston

I guess after they showed all of the "we let developers work on whatever they want for 1 week" video....we would have seen DLC RIGHT AFTER THAT.......

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

17. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 12:43 Creston

Creston

16. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 12:42 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 07:48:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 05:52:

Diff strokes fer diff folks.

We call that "The Stranger".

*snorts water over keyboard* Hahahahaha!

Creston

15. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 11:59 WaltC

Shok wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 23:13:
Surprised people are still passionately involved in Skyrim. I had enough after about 40 hours (max!) of gameplay. As every Elder Scroll's game: After mutliple hours into it, it becomes too obvious for my allowed amount of delusion to handle that nothing you do really matters. About 40 hours (max!) into the game, I feel like a mindless zombie wasting my Real Life.

I'm basically the same except for 40 hours it's more like 4 hours. I like what someone posted, I think it was here; Elder Scrolls games are basically glorified hiking simulators. I'll still buy the next Elder Scrolls game though. I'll keep thinking it's not like the others and really isn't more of the same...until I start the hiking.

Heh...;) So sad...but...this is what happens when you buy a game like Skyrim and haven't a clue as to how to play it. One guy becomes, in his words, "a mindless zombie" after a mere 40 hours of total play; yet another plays for all of *4 hours* (shock-gasp) and thinks Skyrim is a nature-trail game about hiking in the woods...! What either of them could tell you about the *actual game* or the *plot* could fill a thimble, maybe...and yet they think they've seen it all. Nothing like buying a game--Skyrim isn't cheap--and walking away after seeing maybe 10% of the content. Amazing. These guys sound like they're guessing as opposed to relaying any kind of actual experience with the game. Sounds a lot like pretend to me...;)

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

14. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 11:30 Silicon Avatar

TES games are sort of the make-your-own fun variety. Yeah there's stuff to do and the MQ is fun to a point but really the big laughs are to be had in doing stuff that obviously wasn't intended.

Plus mods. I never get tired of the funny stuff people put into mods.

13. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 07:54 cronik

12. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 07:48 Burrito of Peace

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 05:52:

We call that "The Stranger".

11. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 05:52 xXBatmanXx

Shok wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 23:13:

I'm basically the same except for 40 hours it's more like 4 hours. I like what someone posted, I think it was here; Elder Scrolls games are basically glorified hiking simulators. I'll still buy the next Elder Scrolls game though. I'll keep thinking it's not like the others and really isn't more of the same...until I start the hiking.

I disagree. I am completly wrapped into the world. I am 53 hours in and I am having a blast. So much to do and I enjoy the story each little town or village has. I even have empathy for certain characters.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 00:59 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 21:35:
I started a new game as a evil assassin dark elf and I go around killing High Elfs (just because) and people racist to elfs. Quite fun!

This is the kind of thing that keeps Skyrim (and Oblivion before it) fresh to me. Pick a character type you want to play, give him/her some motivations, then act those out in the game world.

My last assassin murdered all the Yarls to sow chaos in Skyrim and allow the empire to take over. It was quite fun (if way too easy.)

On topic: Yay, DLC! However, that seems rather... minor. They kept saying they were going to do really meaty stuff?

Creston

9. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 28, 2012, 00:28 Rattlehead

They need to make mods more compatible. Alot of mods cause the game to crash, despite the mods causing almost zero conflict with each other. Any mod which modifies the world cells in someway causes the game to flip out.  

8. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 23:13 Shok

7. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 22:37 HorrorScope

TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 22:25:
...nothing you do really matters.

So...just like real life then...

Major spoiler alert!

6. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 22:25 TheVocalMinority

...nothing you do really matters.

So...just like real life then...

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

5. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 21:35 The Half Elf

I started a new game as a evil assassin dark elf and I go around killing High Elfs (just because) and people racist to elfs. Quite fun!  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 21:28 Cutter

Snelfs!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 21:22 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

2. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 20:43 HorrorScope

DLC Hints are needed?

Here I will answer it for you. There will be DLC's.

1. Re: Skyrim DLC Hints? Apr 27, 2012, 19:39 Ratty

AGDFT!  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo