Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors

Rumors that emerged this week that Vivendi is considering a major reorganization/break up were widespread enough that the company has come out and denied the reports. Here's their reaction to speculation that they would spin off their music and game (Activision Blizzard) divisions into a separate company:

"Vivendi learned with stupefaction of the claims made by Bloomberg in a story published tonight about its strategy," a Vivendi spokesman said. "Vivendi vigorously denies all the assertions in the story, which are unfounded and based on anonymous sources."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 29, 2012, 14:36 Agent.X7

[url=][/url]
Sepharo wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 01:40:
Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 01:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 14:41:
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

You... are a very bad person, Peter!

This isn't Riyadh. You know they're not gonna saw your hands off here, alright? The worst they would ever do is they would put you for a couple of months into a white-collar, minimum-security resort! Shit, we should be so lucky!

We're going to federal, pound-me-in-the-ass prison!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 28, 2012, 01:40 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 01:02:
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

This isn't Riyadh. You know they're not gonna saw your hands off here, alright? The worst they would ever do is they would put you for a couple of months into a white-collar, minimum-security resort! Shit, we should be so lucky!

22. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 28, 2012, 01:02 Creston

21. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 18:46 RollinThundr

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 17:04:
Tribes:Ascend

-I am a very old school FPS gamer, and come from the (at one time) worlds #1 Tribes clan - Western Alliance.. to say I am picky about the Tribes franchise is an understatement. With that being said, I believe the game is pretty damn solid and was worth downloading.

I also threw 30 bucks at the title, figuring if I pay 30 bucks for a AAA title, I'm getting my money's worth. Never felt like I needed the paid unlocks to be competitive though, and the XP I gained from just regular playing allowed me to unlock a bunch of stuff anyhow.

It's a shame that Tribes is what caught on and not Dynamix's Starsiege title from the same universe. While I'm looking forward to MechWarrior Online in hopes it feels alot like MPBT:3025, and that turn based MW:Tactics looks promising, the industry needs more mech games damnit. And no that shitty UT Mech title Hawken doesn't count.

20. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 17:04 ColoradoHoudini

Tribes:Ascend

-I am a very old school FPS gamer, and come from the (at one time) worlds #1 Tribes clan - Western Alliance.. to say I am picky about the Tribes franchise is an understatement. With that being said, I believe the game is pretty damn solid and was worth downloading.

I also threw 30 bucks at the title, figuring if I pay 30 bucks for a AAA title, I'm getting my money's worth. Never felt like I needed the paid unlocks to be competitive though, and the XP I gained from just regular playing allowed me to unlock a bunch of stuff anyhow.

19. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 17:01 personman_145

"Never believe anything until it is officially denied."

Briefly tried to source this quote but each google result seems to credit a different person so... meh.

18. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 16:45 SimplyMonk

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 16:34:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 16:28:
personman_145 wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 16:21:
I've been boycotting them since they dropped support for Tribes: Vengeance (a couple months after I bought it), and I've been blaming them for the death of the franchise.

Have yet to try Tribes Ascend, worried it will be disappointing...Maybe I'll give it a shot.

It's beyond amazing. Ignore the "it's pay2win LOLZ" whining, it's not at all.

Yeah, I've not tried it either, but people here seem to speak favorably of it.

I've logged maybe 15 or so hours playing it. Not bad at all. Haven't spent any money on it yet (besides some free coins I got from promoting it on FB), but I never really felt like I needed to.

The only big gripe I have is map design, which I might just chalk up to personal preference as I can see WHY they did what they did. Base defense is essentially a joke as flags/generators are stored in locations that offer no natural defense.

Joe: "Hey, Shmoe. Where do you want to put the flag? We have a nice secured safe room in the bottom floor of the bunker where we could..."

Shmoe: "No... No that won't work. Let's put it on top of the bunker. On top of a pole. Raised 50 feet off the ground so it is out of range of any of the defensive turrets."

Joe: "... are you even on our team?"

Shmoe: "I'm almost fairly sure I am."

17. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 16:44 personman_145

I enjoyed some need for speed world, so I'm not totally opposed to F2P/"P2W" model. As long as I can have some fun for free I'm cool. For the record, I'm not cheap, I'm just broke.  

16. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 16:34 nin

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 16:28:
I've been boycotting them since they dropped support for Tribes: Vengeance (a couple months after I bought it), and I've been blaming them for the death of the franchise.

Have yet to try Tribes Ascend, worried it will be disappointing...Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, I've not tried it either, but people here seem to speak favorably of it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 16:28 Parallax Abstraction

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

14. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 16:21 personman_145

Edit: I mean seriously, they had Battlefield with jetpacks before battlefield existed, how do you screw that up???

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2012, 16:28.

13. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 14:54 Agent.X7

And now "Damn it feels good to be a gansta'" is stuck in my head.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 14:41 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 14:26 eRe4s3r

standard PR comprehension guide

Do they ignore it = it's not true
Do they loudly deny it = it's true
Do they say its true = everyone already knows its true

10. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 13:26 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 13:22:
I have people skills, I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Listen, I'll be honest with you, I love his music. I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

9. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 13:22 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 13:18:
Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 12:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 12:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 11:40:
nin wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 11:24:
So 0-2 for bloomberg? Is pachter working for them?

I wouldn't say he's been working, Bob.

How many pieces of flair do you want to wear.

Did you see the memo on this?

What would you say... you do around here?

I have people skills, I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

8. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 13:18 Creston

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 12:26:

What would you say... you do around here?

7. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 13:16 Creston

dangerman77 wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 12:26:
"Vivendi learned with stupefaction of the claims made by Bloomberg in a story published tonight about its strategy," a Vivendi spokesman said. "Vivendi vigorously denies all the assertions in the story, which are unfounded and based on anonymous sources."

So it's a done deal then.

Yep, they're just vigorously denying it because this 'rumor' will send their stock price into the gutter. Bloomberg tends to be pretty accurate with this stuff.

Is anything or anyone we care about in general (as gamers) still associated with Vivendi?

Creston

6. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 12:54 HorrorScope

dangerman77 wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 12:26:

So it's a done deal then.

That is what I read exactly.

5. Re: Vivendi Denies Break-up Rumors Apr 27, 2012, 12:26 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo