Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow

The TERA Website and the TERA Europe Website are each counting down the days to the official launch of this action-oriented MMORPG. This also means the game's headstart programs are getting underway this weekend, allowing those who've preordered the game the chance to get going in the game world. This page has details on the European headstart which gets underway today, and this page explains the North American headstart, which begins tomorrow.

View
17. Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Apr 28, 2012, 10:26 Jivaro

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 01:32:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 22:32:
Wrong. You either don't know or you're twisting facts because you are a fanboy. NCSoft did win in Korea, and lost an appeal on several aspects, the loss of which is now pending another appeal.

Name calling. Awesome, because that makes every point so much more "true" somehow. Listen man, if you want to believe that losing on appeal is different then losing, more power to you. In any event, there is currently no lawsuit in Korea or the US blocking the release of the game. As for my apparent "fanboy" status...I own every MMO NCSoft has every published. I still play City of Heroes. If there was a company I were to be a fanboy of, it is NCSoft. I simply stated the case in its simplest form and how I read it to be from various sites like MMORPG.com.

Keep the name calling at grade school, not needed in a reasonable discussion. To that end, in a previous thread, I linked En Masse/Blue Hole's statement on the matter. Check my post history if you want to read it. As it would obviously be biased to some level, I would be curious to know where your description of events is sourced from. A quick and dirty google search led me to http://mmofallout.com/2012/01/26/ncsoft-is-suing-tera-again/. I don't see mention of having to win on appeal in Korea. I do see mention of an injunction filed in NYC. (that according to MMORPG.com has been dropped before anything was actually done..but still, I was unaware that they had even done that) In addition to that, I can find no source that claims that NCSoft is still trying to pursue this in S. Korea. Being that Tera has been out for over a year there, and Lineage III is now Lineage Eternal...I would think this is a dead issue.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2012, 10:50.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 27, 13:11 Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Ozmodan
  2. Apr 27, 13:31  Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Ripperjack
  3. Apr 27, 13:55   Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Darks
  12. Apr 27, 23:21   Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Teddy
  13. Apr 27, 23:30    Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Glykon
  14. Apr 27, 23:53     Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Paranoid Jack
  4. Apr 27, 14:05 Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow MacLeod
  5. Apr 27, 15:06 Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow PropheT
  6. Apr 27, 16:08  Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Jivaro
  7. Apr 27, 16:55   Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow SimplyMonk