Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer

Battlefield.com now offers a new trailer from Battlefield 3: Close Quarters showing more of the intense combat from the upcoming add-on for the military shooter sequel. The clip shows off destructible environments, loads of combat, and some sort of magic golden rainbow.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 27, 2012, 11:14 siapnar

Dades wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 21:45:
Most of the open maps aren't very good in BF3, they had to port BF2 ones just to get something people liked. More infantry maps that are like call of duty just encourages more of the same, dice even said that in a blog post. Do people even like these maps or do they like how quickly their score goes up in small, railed maps with firing lanes so narrow it would take a moron to miss? Thats why Metro is the most played map, it's not because the shooting is so great on it or it offers such a strategic experience.

It's bad because casual gamers who want small maps and simplistic gameplay will turn this franchise into just another fps game. Sure that looks cinematic and I'm sure I could have fun fragging for a bit but Battlefield was always about a level of gameplay above casual FPS stuff.
I havent played a ton of BF3 (PC not up to snuff, really), but from what I played, about 4 of the conquest maps seem pretty damn awesome.
Maybe those 4 maps that I think are awesome don't play that well for others though, so I guess it's subjective.
Considering how many large maps are already in the game, I think making a few close quarter ones isn't all that bad an idea.
BUT, if the next DLC isn't epic battle maps, then that's bullshit.

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 27, 2012, 09:01 Gib007

Ledge wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 00:54:
Gib007 wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:52:
I for one will be buying this as I love intensive fights provided by close quarters combat. Having said that, what's with the PS3 love??
It really pisses me off, not only because it's a "console" (elitist-speak here), but also because of DICE's clear comments before BF3's release that they were concentrating on the PC...

its only a week. relax. if you cant wait another week. maybe its time to get out more.

I'm currently doing teacher training in the UK. I have no time to "get out" anyway!
And of course I can wait. I have many, many more pressing things to do besides play games (unfortunately), but it's not the practicality of it, it is the sentiment behind it. I do however thank you for commenting on my life in general.

26. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 27, 2012, 07:13 Dades

Ledge wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 00:54:
its only a week. relax. if you cant wait another week. maybe its time to get out more.

That's a really poor argument for timed exclusivity. If its only a week then you won't mind if he wants it released sooner, right? Its just a week after all, who cares.

25. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 27, 2012, 00:54 Ledge

Gib007 wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:52:
I for one will be buying this as I love intensive fights provided by close quarters combat. Having said that, what's with the PS3 love??
It really pisses me off, not only because it's a "console" (elitist-speak here), but also because of DICE's clear comments before BF3's release that they were concentrating on the PC...

24. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 27, 2012, 00:07 netnerd85

Battlefield used to be a fun COOP game to play. Not sure what this game is. RIP Battlefield, you died with BF2.

*goes and plays Forgotten Hope 2*

23. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 22:38 ColoradoHoudini

Ahh, that looks way to fucking shiny and distracting, like it's made for ADD console kids.
no thanks.

22. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 21:57 McJammiepants

I've been having so much fun playing SquadDM. When they initially unveiled this DLC I was disappointed. After finding a more enjoyable experience in SQDM than Conquest, my opinion has turned to excitement. I enjoy taking care of things with a few dudes I can trust rather than a team half-full of dickholes. The douchebaggery is much more manageable within smaller game modes.

That said, nothing compares to conquest with two really good teams.

21. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 21:51 RailWizard

siapnar wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 21:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 18:50:
I may be in the minority, but I like it. Can't wait for it to release.
I agree, looks like a lot of fun.

I don't understand why BF3 having the best of both worlds (open/close quarters) is a bad thing.

I've come to the same conclusion more or less. Infantry battle was always the weaker point in BF, but now that infantry is much improved, there should be maps for it. Good maps. Not gimmicky Metro.

As long as the next 2 dlc's are the old 'big and beautiful' BF is known for, then it's fine.

Still want to know what end game is about. My suspicion is special forces for bf2 revamp, but that's based on nothing. heh

20. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 21:45 Dades

siapnar wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 21:10:

I don't understand why BF3 having the best of both worlds (open/close quarters) is a bad thing.

Most of the open maps aren't very good in BF3, they had to port BF2 ones just to get something people liked. More infantry maps that are like call of duty just encourages more of the same, dice even said that in a blog post. Do people even like these maps or do they like how quickly their score goes up in small, railed maps with firing lanes so narrow it would take a moron to miss? Thats why Metro is the most played map, it's not because the shooting is so great on it or it offers such a strategic experience.

It's bad because casual gamers who want small maps and simplistic gameplay will turn this franchise into just another fps game. Sure that looks cinematic and I'm sure I could have fun fragging for a bit but Battlefield was always about a level of gameplay above casual FPS stuff.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2012, 21:52.

19. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 21:10 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

18. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 19:13 bigspender

Fly wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:28:
This is getting old real quick. Where's Battlefield: 2143 when you need it.

Planetside 2 is right around the corner

The best thing is, you buy your own vehicles for you and your squad, so you won't have any idiot teamkillers trying to shoot your own chopper down so they can have a turn.

17. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 19:12 tuddies

I used to be a METRO hater, but got addicted to that map - these maps look even more like a hilarious, fun clusterf00k! Nicely done trailer as well.

64 players - oh yah!

16. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 18:50 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 18:09 Dades

This type of crap is why they went from PC lead to console lead halfway during development. They want that call of duty money.  

14. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 17:43 Jackplug

OH dear, that "is" a counterstrike map. Dice cant even come up with their own map designs, just shows how unimaginative they've become.

Can you imagine 32 m320's going off and it be a campfest, absolutely fucking boring. Im glad I stopped playing that piece of shit, gone back playing TF2.

13. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 17:43 Marvin T. Martian

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Run and Gun boredom.
BF franchise has been destroyed, this is just another nail in the coffin Knife

12. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 16:56 DangerDog

everyone wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 15:37:
Wow, what a spamfest. I know it's just a trailer but jesus... that looks plain awful.

100x that on the PC when server admins crank the player count to 64 lol

11. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 16:20 Wallshadows

This reminds me of those custom maps in Counterstrike where the map was nothing more than a super small square room with one or two stacked boxes and guns littered all over the place.  

10. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 15:37 everyone

Wow, what a spamfest. I know it's just a trailer but jesus... that looks plain awful.  

9. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 15:26 DangerDog

I don't like playing conquest in BF3, something about the maps just doesn't feel right. The Karkand maps are okay, except for wake island - never liked that map at all.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo