Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight

Steam News announces that they are now offering pre-purchases of Torchlight II, and this includes the immediate gratification of a free copy of Torchlight in the meantime, offering the chance to play the first installment in Runic's action/RPG series: "Torchlight II is now available to pre-purchase on Steam! Act now and receive the original Torchlight to play right now! The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II takes you back into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets - and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!"

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 15:00 deqer

Graham wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:16:
Protip: Being worried about you own personal, private hobbies appearing childish shows that you still have some growing up to do.
Protip: Be cautious about something you're deciding to make a hobby, because it could suddenly stab you in the back; when it's too late; because you already paid, or you already spent more time than you wanted to.

Am I going to enjoy a game that has a childish atmosphere to it? Childish cinematics, childish voice acting, and childish stories/quests? Probably not.

Someone is going to have to do convince me. Tell me I'm wrong. Someone who's played the beta.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 14:07 SXO

Graham wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:16:
deqer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 11:56:
I was going to pick this up, but ever since they released that childish cinematic last week, I fear I would be picking up a game for 5yearolds--I'm not a 5yearold.

You sound like a rational person with reasonable opinions.

Protip: Being worried about you own personal, private hobbies appearing childish shows that you still have some growing up to do.
Zing!

14. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 13:40 peteham

Bucky wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:12:
Personally, I prefer a lot of the design changes Blizzard has put into Diablo 3, not the least of which is the revamped skill system. I'll no doubt pick up TL2, but it'll probably be after I've sunk a few hundred hours into D3.

Then again, I may pre-order just to support Runic, and then I could try to get a friend hooked on the genre by gifting TL. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...
haha I just preordered for these exact reasons. Also I feel sorry for Runic not finishing the game in time for release 1 month ago or so.. They would've raked in cash from starved Diablo fans. I still don't think they'll do badly, but not as well as if they'd released before D3.

13. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 13:16 Graham

I was going to pick this up, but ever since they released that childish cinematic last week, I fear I would be picking up a game for 5yearolds--I'm not a 5yearold.

You sound like a rational person with reasonable opinions.

12. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 13:12 Esoteric

I enjoyed the first one enough for the $5 I spent for it. One thing I hope is better this time is the skill system. It was fairly boring and anemic. Hopefully it's more fleshed out with lots of interesting builds. That's one thing I'm LOVING in Diablo 3, the insane amount of viable builds to play around with.  

11. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 13:12 Bucky

Personally, I prefer a lot of the design changes Blizzard has put into Diablo 3, not the least of which is the revamped skill system. I'll no doubt pick up TL2, but it'll probably be after I've sunk a few hundred hours into D3.

Then again, I may pre-order just to support Runic, and then I could try to get a friend hooked on the genre by gifting TL. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

10. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 12:11 Malachii

I enjoyed the first one, but for $5.00, at a time when I was itching for a loot dropping dungeon crawler. If I'm bored with D3 by then, I wont hesitate to pick up, but no need to pre-order.  

9. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 12:04 ASeven

Pre-ordered. This is one of the rare games I will pre-order without any hesitation.  

8. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:58 nin

We may need to take a vote on that!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:56 deqer

6. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:55 Angrius Maximis

Didnt like the first one, wont like the second one  

5. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:54 nin

The page lists steam cloud and steam achievements, so if gog sold it, it would be keys only.

4. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:45 Acleacius

Wondering if this will be for sale on GOG as well, though Steam is a better setup for Coop.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:27 nin

I would think they'd hope you'd give that copy to someone who didn't have the original. And if the friend liked it, they'll buy a copy of TL2.

It's an easy way to get people hooked that might not be familiar with the series yet.

2. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:22 Alamar

nin wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 11:10:
Woot! And only $20! Played the hell out of the last one, and I'm sure I'll do the same here!

I won't likely pre-order it, unless it's in the last few days, but it made me wonder... Why would you pre-order Torchlight 2 if you didn't thoroughly enjoy #1... Thereby making the copy of the first useless (minus the whole steam gifting part)...

And then I remembered the letter r... Or more accurately... Arrrrr... Pirates ; )

This is a great example of how piracy generates revenue; many many people who pirate a product will buy a sequel. Which incidentally, is also why Windows is THE operating system of choice : )

-Alamar

1. Re: Torchlight II Pre-Purchases Get Free Torchlight Apr 26, 2012, 11:10 nin

Woot! And only $20! Played the hell out of the last one, and I'm sure I'll do the same here!

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo