Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Launch Events

Blizzard announces worldwide events surrounding the launch of Diablo III on May 15th, as there will be various celebrations of the release beginning the evening of the 14th. This page offers details on all the events, and here's word:

In the US, the official launch event will be hosted by Blizzard and retail partner GameStop at:

The Great Wheel Court of the Irvine Spectrum Mall
    71 Fortune Drive
    Irvine, CA 92618

Festivities will start at 8:00 p.m. PDT on May 14. Gamers in attendance will enjoy an epic evening of entertainment before Diablo III goes on sale at midnight, including a variety of giveaways; an exciting selection of Diablo-related video footage; and multiple contests with exclusive Diablo III-themed prizes, such as laser-etched desktop PCs from Intel. In addition, members of the Diablo III development team will be on site at each of the official events to meet with players and sign their copies of the game.

For more information on the global launch events, visit http://www.blizzard.com/company/events/d3-opening/. In addition to the official US launch event, other retail locations around the country will open at midnight to support gamers looking to pick up their copy of the game the moment it goes live. Please check with your local retailers for further details.

View
80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

80. Re: Diablo III Launch Events May 2, 2012, 14:54 Undocumented Alien

Just FYI BNet has had queuing since as long as I can remember.

And since a customer can't play D3 "offline" the queue will be exponentially worse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

79. Re: Diablo III Launch Events May 2, 2012, 14:33 Verno

Dades wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 16:56:
Someone posted screenshots on battle.net of the queuing interface so there will be definitely be one on launch day.

Just FYI BNet has had queuing since as long as I can remember.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

78. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 29, 2012, 16:56 Dades

Someone posted screenshots on battle.net of the queuing interface so there will be definitely be one on launch day.  

77. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 28, 2012, 15:55 Prez

These days people seem to use "beta" and "demo" interchangeably. Truthfully, betas do serve pretty well as demos in many cases.  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

76. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 28, 2012, 15:34 Slippy

peteham wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 07:52:
MrBone wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 21:13:
D3 is pretty much the worst game Blizzard has produced thus far. The demo was so boring I was shocked. At least we will have Torchlight 2.
Which demo would that be?

LMAO! Exactly!

75. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 28, 2012, 07:52 peteham

MrBone wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 21:13:
D3 is pretty much the worst game Blizzard has produced thus far. The demo was so boring I was shocked. At least we will have Torchlight 2.
Which demo would that be?

74. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 11:46 JohnnyRotten

deqer wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:10:
Darks wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:41:
Blizzard could make a Diablo 4 and put a scoop of poop in it and you'd still buy it.

Can I get two scoops?

73. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 11:13 Creston

Dades wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 18:05:
Darks wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:40:
So Iím a fanboi because I happen to like the game and enjoy playing Coop with my friends? Iím 49 years old junior. So Iím pretty sure I know what I like if life and what I want. So get a life moron!! Oh wait, thatís why youíre not buying the game, itís because you have no friends to play the game with in the first place.

If you're 49 years old then why are you fighting like a teenager on the internet?

Blizzard cares about every copy they don't sell despite what you think. Diablo 3 needs to put up Call of Duty figures to keep Activision steady, they can't rely on Call of Duty forever. Diablo is popular but not Call of Duty popular last time I checked so I don't know where you get 15 million from.

Will you people please stop responding to Darks' trolling? Seriously.

Creston

72. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 10:16 Verno

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 09:33:
There are many here to just like to argue for the sake of arguing....

You mean the BN debate squad, where they sit around jerking each other off?

I guess it's better to post a lot of contentless one liners?

Besides, I think in 25000 posts you've probably done your fair share too bubba

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

71. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 09:33 nin

There are many here to just like to argue for the sake of arguing....

You mean the BN debate squad, where they sit around jerking each other off?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

70. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 08:38 Undocumented Alien

I also don't generally support Ubi's DRM games, but am happily going to play D3

What others have been saying, hypocritical thinking. You don't "generally" support Ubi's persistent online connection DRM but you are OK with Blizzards...

69. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 27, 2012, 03:21 xXBatmanXx

Dades wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 22:48:
There are plenty of other videogames to play, I don't know why you would think that. Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

me? Meh. I will play the hell out of it, so not really worried abuot it. If I took the "plenty of games to play" route....looks at Steam profile.....I wouldn't buy another game for 3 years.

But there was a time a number of years ago when I didn't buy new games, and missed out on a lot of good gaming. So whatever. Haven't bought any full retail yet this year. Hell I borrowed Skyrim, waiting for the GoTY to buy on pc. (up to 53 hours)

Hours of play over 60 bucks for a game like this....drop in the bucket.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

68. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 22:54 RollinThundr

Alamar wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 20:17:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:13:
C'mon, you know as well as I do, people pile on EA for Origin related stuff all the time, or the whole "I'll only buy it on steam!" bullshit. Because you know running a desktop icon to start a game is so radically different depending on which DD service you bought it from.

Yet Blizzard can essentially do the same thing and everyone is fine with it. Don't give me that cop out crap.

Or threaten to boycott Ubisoft for DRM, yet Blizzard does it, and goes one further by including a real money auction house that they get a cut off of, when anyone with half a brain knows D3 will have the same duped items economy 1 and 2 did, and hey no problem mon!

If that isn't hypocritical I'm not sure what is.

I have no interest in Origin, and for the most part, don't buy digital games if they're not on Steam...

I also don't generally support Ubi's DRM games, but am happily going to play D3, single player (most of the time). I also disagree about your duping expectations, but don't worry, I won't say 'it won't happen'; I just don't think it'll be that bad.

I also disagree that it's 'the same thing'... I also realize that decisions are extremely rarely made for one reason, but everyone always argues the one (and only) reason... Blizzard made a design decision, years ago, to have an online only game, and while money is likely the single largest reason, it's not the reason. And if you disagree, that's cool, but it doesn't make people who feel differently (even if their opinions can vary about different products/services) hypocrits for feeling differently : )

See, the point I'm making, beyond this not being hypocrisy, is that I'm a person, that could be a hypocrit, but calling the whole community (whether it's gamers, or just Bluesnewsians) hypocritical is just... hypocritical : )

Plus really, where's the line between hypocrisy and changing one's opinions?

-Alamar

LOL oh Blizzard is doing it too? Oh I'm ok if Blizzard does it! Just not EA or Ubisoft because they're evil! ActiVivendiBlizzard however only cares about me the customer! Listen to yourself Alamar, it is hypocritical and to me it's somewhat douchey.

It doesn't bother me either way, people are certainly entitled to buy what they enjoy or whatever, but in the same token I'm tired of hearing those same people whine like little girls about EA etc.

67. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 22:48 Dades

There are plenty of other videogames to play, I don't know why you would think that. Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.  

66. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 22:28 xXBatmanXx

Posted this in the big thread, realized it fits here too.

Fuggit. 240 responses....anyone who says they aren't getting it is lying. I give up. I am buying it.

I look forward to playing with yall. See ya on the 15th.

There are many here to just like to argue for the sake of arguing....I am going to get this and Torchlight II. I am going to play them, they deserve my money.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

65. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 21:13 MrBone

64. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 20:17 Alamar

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:13:
C'mon, you know as well as I do, people pile on EA for Origin related stuff all the time, or the whole "I'll only buy it on steam!" bullshit. Because you know running a desktop icon to start a game is so radically different depending on which DD service you bought it from.

Yet Blizzard can essentially do the same thing and everyone is fine with it. Don't give me that cop out crap.

Or threaten to boycott Ubisoft for DRM, yet Blizzard does it, and goes one further by including a real money auction house that they get a cut off of, when anyone with half a brain knows D3 will have the same duped items economy 1 and 2 did, and hey no problem mon!

If that isn't hypocritical I'm not sure what is.

I have no interest in Origin, and for the most part, don't buy digital games if they're not on Steam...

I also don't generally support Ubi's DRM games, but am happily going to play D3, single player (most of the time). I also disagree about your duping expectations, but don't worry, I won't say 'it won't happen'; I just don't think it'll be that bad.

I also disagree that it's 'the same thing'... I also realize that decisions are extremely rarely made for one reason, but everyone always argues the one (and only) reason... Blizzard made a design decision, years ago, to have an online only game, and while money is likely the single largest reason, it's not the reason. And if you disagree, that's cool, but it doesn't make people who feel differently (even if their opinions can vary about different products/services) hypocrits for feeling differently : )

See, the point I'm making, beyond this not being hypocrisy, is that I'm a person, that could be a hypocrit, but calling the whole community (whether it's gamers, or just Bluesnewsians) hypocritical is just... hypocritical : )

Plus really, where's the line between hypocrisy and changing one's opinions?

-Alamar

63. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 19:54 Slippy

Flatline wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:10:
Wait... you're a dipshit who can't use a proper analogy and you're calling me anal?

Whatever dude...

And also... *what* old days? I've been gaming since fucking pong and people have *always* been critical of some aspect of games or another.

So just... stop.

You were critical about Pong? Nevermind, I understand...

62. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 18:05 Dades

Darks wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 17:40:
So Iím a fanboi because I happen to like the game and enjoy playing Coop with my friends? Iím 49 years old junior. So Iím pretty sure I know what I like if life and what I want. So get a life moron!! Oh wait, thatís why youíre not buying the game, itís because you have no friends to play the game with in the first place.

If you're 49 years old then why are you fighting like a teenager on the internet?

Blizzard cares about every copy they don't sell despite what you think. Diablo 3 needs to put up Call of Duty figures to keep Activision steady, they can't rely on Call of Duty forever. Diablo is popular but not Call of Duty popular last time I checked so I don't know where you get 15 million from.

61. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 18:03 AngelicPenguin

So Iím a fanboi because I happen to like the game and enjoy playing Coop with my friends?

Sssshhh...

Don't fight the angst with logic. You can't win. Just enjoy the game in silence (as I am going to do.)

80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo