Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation

The BioWare Blog outlines plans for Operation EXORCIST, another special weekend event for Mass Effect 3, their action/RPG sequel. Here's how this will work:

Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms
Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.

Successful completion of the Allied Goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
Successful completion of the squad goal awards a Commendation Pack to all squadmates.

Operation Exorcist will run from 6:00PM PST, Friday April 27th until 5:00AM PST, Monday April 30th. Exorcist will be available on PC and Xbox 360 only. Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Exorcist.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 27, 2012, 01:28 Quinn

The ending slowly managed to taint even multiplayer. That and the fact MP is more frustrating that fun at times.

One day I just woke up and ME was utterly dead to me. I don't wanna see the desktop item or the gameboxes in my closet. I want to utterly forget the saga. The taste it left in my mouth... It's like Casey Hudson personally took a crap in it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 22:37 Crustacean Soup

I thought it was Sanctuary + reverse-engineered Reaper indoctrination tech...  

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 21:16 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 13:11:
I love how, in ME2, Cerberus had "approximately 150 operatives", and now they have a million phantoms.

Creston

Space magic.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 13:40 DG

The MP annoys me due to having to buy equipment via either credits won by playing or your credit card.

The best bit is, when you "buy" stuff (with either real or game money) you don't actually get to decide what you buy. You buy packs and the items are random. Amongst other stuff, you have a chance of getting one random weapon mod in a 20k credit pack which should take about 2-3 half-hour games to earn the credits for.

This wouldn't be so bad except weapon mods make a substantial difference, at least to a soldier class. In SP my assault rifles have mods that add at least 20% to damage and bypass at least 50% of armour. In MP these mods haven't turned up and it's like I have a pea-shooter. Oh, well I do have Barrel III for pistols, which I don't use, partly because the pistols I have found are crap. I did get armour-piercing bullets as a 1 mission upgrade thing and instead of the usual >25 kills badge I get the >75 kills one.

Speaking of which, where are the most useful soldier powers like armour-piercing, disruptor and fire ammo?

I'm enjoying the basic concept as a fun little diversion, but the above are really irritating.

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 13:11 Creston

I love how, in ME2, Cerberus had "approximately 150 operatives", and now they have a million phantoms.

Creston

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 13:10 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 01:34:
Ohh... just survive until extraction on gold, huh? I never even got past wave 5 on gold... ^^

I can take you past extraction on Gold this weekend, if you want. It's not THAT hard, you just need to have some good characters and a team that works as an actual team.

Easiest way to do it is to do Firebase White against Geth with a group of engineers. It's almost broken how easy it is to survive on that.

Creston

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 10:40 MEAHT

I didnt think it was goin to be possible but this ME3 MP is like crack! More multiplayer games should emulate their class system, keeps shit fresh.  

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 09:04 Verno

You need to play with people you know to do Gold IMO. Too many random scorewhores and you need a lot of communication.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 26, 2012, 01:34 eRe4s3r

Ohh... just survive until extraction on gold, huh? I never even got past wave 5 on gold... ^^  

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 25, 2012, 23:16 Sepharo

This coincides with Community Demonstration: Hey look at me!  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 25, 2012, 22:49 Cutter

Mass Poop 3.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 25, 2012, 22:18 Rhett

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 21:49:
Thank goodness! I was getting a little worried!

They moved it to every two weeks apparently. I think because people were getting "sick of all of all the generic XP events".

Of course, now that I have ME3, they throw this shit at me. I don't know if I want to do Gold.

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Operation Apr 25, 2012, 21:49 nin

Thank goodness! I was getting a little worried!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo