Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Guild Wars 2 Worlds

On the verge of the first Guild Wars 2 beta event, the ArenaNet Blog offers new details on how the game worlds will operate in the upcoming MMORPG sequel, and how players will be allowed to transfer their characters. Here's word:

While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world.

When Guild Wars 2 launches, you will also have the option to play with your friends on another world with our free “guesting” feature. With guesting, your characters can play on any world where you have friends—with certain restrictions. For instance, you will not be able to participate in WvW while guesting.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

14. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:39 Verno

Hudson wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 11:25:
Its always fun to watch the predominantly ANTI BLIZZARD Blues News crowd rally behind the latest douchebaggy MMO that comes out that is supposed to be the grand savior of a dying genre then later turn against it in scorn.

I give you all about...3 months

MMOs are doing fine, its the business model that changed. Whether GW2 turns out to be a great one remains to be seen, a lot of people have burned out on the overall formula which makes your wager a suckers bet. Most people here seem to be fans of Blizzard products btw If anything, the silly all or nothing attitude seems more biased. People can like a product and still have criticisms but yours in this csae just seemed totally disconnected from reality.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:37 Alamar

Hudson wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 11:25:
Its always fun to watch the predominantly ANTI BLIZZARD Blues News crowd rally behind the latest douchebaggy MMO that comes out that is supposed to be the grand savior of a dying genre then later turn against it in scorn.

This totally won't happen this time... GW2 is different in so many way (sic)...

Seriously though... There are many factors... Such as people thinking Rift/SWTOR aren't successful with (insert X subs) when WoW has 21034972398460... I would expect GW2 to have less of a dent on WoW than the other two mentioned, and for a much shorter period, but I also expect it'll be a huge success : )

-Alamar

12. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:25 Yifes

Alamar wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 11:22:
It's just too bad it's not what they claimed early on, but I understand the desire for balance... at least for balancing casual players; dedicated players in other games transfer across servers all the time for various reasons, including pvp imbalance (to get away from or to generate)...

-Alamar

They always claimed that WvW server transfers would have some sort of associated penalty.

11. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:25 Angrius Maximis

10. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:22 Alamar

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:46:
This game gets dumber every day

An MMO, that doesn't even charge a monthly subscription, offers ways of transferring your character to another place, and it's dumb? Jeez, one of the major complaints of most MMO players is that they can't transfer a character and GW2 will have it at/near launch, sounds "smart" to me.

It's just too bad it's not what they claimed early on, but I understand the desire for balance... at least for balancing casual players; dedicated players in other games transfer across servers all the time for various reasons, including pvp imbalance (to get away from or to generate)...

-Alamar

9. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:16 HorrorScope

Let us know how the performance of the game is this weekend. Was sluggish (slide show sluggish) running dynamic quests last time with say 20-30 participating.  

8. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 11:01 Verno

Titus wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:48:
Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:29:
Sounds like most other MMO transfer systems with a few adjustments to keep WvW balance in check.

Nope, it's even better. You can dynamically jump servers for free to play with friends on other servers, with WvW restrictions. When you decide to move servers permanently, you can do so for a small fee, but can participate in all activities on that server.

Of course there need to be limits (provided by timeout and gems), since WvW is pitching server vs. server. I think one week is pretty lenient, I'd rather have the move delayed till after the current round of WvW.

Restricted temporary free server moves, and complete server moves from day one is pretty impressive. I know a few SWTOR servers that are still waiting (if people haven't quit yet)

Interesting, sounds even better then. I assume Hudson is just doing a hit and run troll then because I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this.

7. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:51 nin

Jeez, one of the major complaints of most MMO players is that they can't transfer a character and GW2 will have it at/near launch, sounds "smart" to me.

Exactly.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:48 Titus

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:29:
Sounds like most other MMO transfer systems with a few adjustments to keep WvW balance in check.

Nope, it's even better. You can dynamically jump servers for free to play with friends on other servers, with WvW restrictions. When you decide to move servers permanently, you can do so for a small fee, but can participate in all activities on that server.

Of course there need to be limits (provided by timeout and gems), since WvW is pitching server vs. server. I think one week is pretty lenient, I'd rather have the move delayed till after the current round of WvW.

Restricted temporary free server moves, and complete server moves from day one is pretty impressive. I know a few SWTOR servers that are still waiting (if people haven't quit yet)

5. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:46 Undocumented Alien

An MMO, that doesn't even charge a monthly subscription, offers ways of transferring your character to another place, and it's dumb? Jeez, one of the major complaints of most MMO players is that they can't transfer a character and GW2 will have it at/near launch, sounds "smart" to me.

4. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:35 Titus

Hudson wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:18:
This game My comments gets dumber every day

Fixed.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 10:53.

3. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:29 Verno

Hudson wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:18:

I only glanced through it but I thought that all sounded reasonable enough, what's dumb about it? Sounds like most other MMO transfer systems with a few adjustments to keep WvW balance in check.

2. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:18 Angrius Maximis

1. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 10:08 nin

Lookin forward to the weekend! Client finished overnight.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo