Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Guild Wars 2 Worlds

On the verge of the first Guild Wars 2 beta event, the ArenaNet Blog offers new details on how the game worlds will operate in the upcoming MMORPG sequel, and how players will be allowed to transfer their characters. Here's word:

While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world.

When Guild Wars 2 launches, you will also have the option to play with your friends on another world with our free “guesting” feature. With guesting, your characters can play on any world where you have friends—with certain restrictions. For instance, you will not be able to participate in WvW while guesting.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

54. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 27, 2012, 20:25 Krovven

Fion wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 16:51:
I'm used to MMOGs charging $20 to transfer a single character to a server that I often only have the barest idea of how good or bad it is (based on friends recommendations, etc).

The idea of being able to visit other servers when ever I want to play with friends and then pay a small fee (or even free if I buy gems in game) to transfer ALL characters there, that's a hell of an improvement.

Fully agree. I've paid for it several times now with WoW. $55 for a Server and Faction transfer is a rip-off.

Hoping other games doing these services for a fraction of the price will get Blizz to lower theirs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 26, 2012, 04:46 NKD

Zanakar wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 04:19:
NKD wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:14:
Ray Marden wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 19:01:
Feeling more and more like I am just waiting for Titan,
Ray

My long-term hopes are on World of Darkness personally. I've never gotten the impression that CCP was interested in shoveling out another WoW clone, or anything even remotely mass-market. Titan on the other hand, you can bet Blizzard wants to get even bigger userbase than WoW.

CCP isn't interested in mass market, they are interested in making another game for a small group of people from whom they can choose select few to become Really Special Close Friends and leave the rest of player base at mercy of these "friends" and CCP.
I thought the whole "CCP representatives laugh at the idea of driving a player to suicide"- farce would have finally woken people up regarding the true (utterly despicable and corrupt) nature of that company.

That shit was so blown out of proportion. It wasn't a CCP employee, it was what you get any time you combine an Asperger case with an open bar. If you think the player base of any other MMO is different, you're sadly mistaken.

CCP just happens to be the only one that invites a bunch of nerds to get drunk on their dime and then allows them to speak publicly.

EDIT: Wait a second, what the fuck? You've got 14 posts over a period of 3 years and all of them are bitching about CCP. Sounds like someone's got an axe to grind.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

52. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 26, 2012, 04:19 Zanakar

NKD wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:14:
Ray

My long-term hopes are on World of Darkness personally. I've never gotten the impression that CCP was interested in shoveling out another WoW clone, or anything even remotely mass-market. Titan on the other hand, you can bet Blizzard wants to get even bigger userbase than WoW.

CCP isn't interested in mass market, they are interested in making another game for a small group of people from whom they can choose select few to become Really Special Close Friends and leave the rest of player base at mercy of these "friends" and CCP.
I thought the whole "CCP representatives laugh at the idea of driving a player to suicide"- farce would have finally woken people up regarding the true (utterly despicable and corrupt) nature of that company.

51. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 21:03 Agent.X7

Ray Marden wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 19:02:
Click on their user name to access their "User Information" page and click on the "Ignore this user" link?
Or the script people were using long ago.
Having never tried it so not really sure,
Ray

I must be friggin' blind. Thanks man!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

50. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 20:41 Cutter

Acleacius wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:15:
So this WvW must be some pvp variation, can't think of how that might work in pve? Please say this game I've been waiting to play is not pvp.

No, it's entirely seperate. PvP is stictly voluntary. PvP servers, regular pvp maps on all servers, and World vs. World - which is really effing cool.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

49. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 20:16 NKD

Acleacius wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:15:
So this WvW must be some pvp variation, can't think of how that might work in pve? Please say this game I've been waiting to play is not pvp.

There is no PvE endgame planned that I am aware of, in terms of large group content.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

48. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 20:15 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

47. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 20:14 NKD

Ray

MMOs will eventually stop trying to be bigger than WoW and will realize that with a lower budget and a smaller user base they can make a more niche game with a lot of the innovation that you can't get away with in a big game like WoW that has to, by definition, cater to the lowest common denominator.

Sempai wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 19:42:
You my friend are a blithering asshat. You sound like a bitter old douche.

Something wrong with being a bitter old douche? This is Blue's News, we specialize in being bitter old douches. Maybe not to the level of NMA, but still.

46. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 19:42 Sempai

Hudson wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 11:25:
Its always fun to watch the predominantly ANTI BLIZZARD Blues News crowd rally behind the latest douchebaggy MMO that comes out that is supposed to be the grand savior of a dying genre then later turn against it in scorn.

I give you all about...3 months

You my friend are a blithering asshat. You sound like a bitter old douche.
Why don't you simply find another hobby to go shit on for absolutely no reason. I hear playing in traffic is a hoot! Why don't you give that a shot and let us know how that works out for you?

Have a great day!

45. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 19:34 Sempai

Why didn't Swtor with it's massive budget and 7yrs of development have something akin to this at launch? Or hell, even now 5 months later?
Oh yeah, cause Bioware fucking sucks.

44. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 19:02 Ray Marden

Click on their user name to access their "User Information" page and click on the "Ignore this user" link?
Or the script people were using long ago.
Having never tried it so not really sure,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

43. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 19:01 Ray Marden

Personally, I think the idea of a world transfer is fantastic. It should not be needed often, but sometimes you end up wanting to move all of your MMOG playing from one server to the other and certain (lazy, greedy) companies charge you $25.00 per character to do this!

As for GW2, I do not know what to make of it - GW, at least when I tried it years ago, was so crude and limited that, though free, turned me away from ever going back to it. Currently, I am burnt out on the WoW player base and ToR just is not that much fun to play so I will be canceling it before the next renewal. I am mildly curious as to whether or not GW2 will be a solid game, though I will likely wait until numerous reviews are out before I consider purchasing it.
Though purchasing it once is a nice idea in and of itself.
Ray

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 19:08.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

42. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 18:49 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:34:
Titus wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:01:
deqer wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 16:48:
You think you can make us grind shit again?

I suggest reading up a bit on this game, might surprise you. Or check out this youtube channel, they explain pretty much all mechanics of the game.

Long story short: Since this game is subscription free, it's in their best interest to make the game fun so you'll buy the expansions.

Ignore the troll - all he does is come in here and shit on everything.

Did we lose the ability to ignore people? I have a couple of people who show up as ignored, but I cannot figure out how to add more.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

41. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 18:34 nin

Titus wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:01:

I suggest reading up a bit on this game, might surprise you. Or check out this youtube channel, they explain pretty much all mechanics of the game.

Long story short: Since this game is subscription free, it's in their best interest to make the game fun so you'll buy the expansions.

Ignore the troll - all he does is come in here and shit on everything.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

40. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 18:04 Titus

Alamar wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 17:51:
But the counter that, is that there is stuff that requires level, like the 'hard mode' dungeons...

Correction: Hard mode dungeons are unlocked directly after doing the story version. So while you only have access to ALL hardmode dungeons at max level, you'll be able to do the first one in your teens.

39. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 18:01 Titus

38. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 17:51 Alamar

Yifes wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 16:53:
Forget all this type, and discussion. The REAL QUESTION IS Is it going to be another shitty grind again? Do I have to really need to spend hours and hours travelling, killing wolves, and shit? It's F2P, so why make us grind? If you want us to be good at our character, then just put a training system in the game. Fuck.

At least making the levelling process only take 20 hours to do. Not 200 hours. Not 100, not 50.

Seriously...

Please take your long-drawn-out lore/questing/grind system and kindly shove it up your ass.

Why make us sink all our time into your game without us knowing yet whether it's worth it or not for us to sink our time into it in the first place.

You think you can make us grind shit again? Nope. People have already had their fill of that shit from WoW--if not EQ--if not any of the other 10 MMOs that have come out, and we're sick of it.

There's very little in the way of gear treadmill, the leveling curve is pretty much flat, and you can right off the bat make max level geared out characters for structured PVP. The reason why so many people are optimistic about this game is because we're sick of all the traditional MMO shit, and GW2 has the potential to change that.

'flat levelling curve' doesn't mean it doesn't take 200 hours to hit max... It just means each level takes about the same amount of time...

The real counter to 'having to grind' to max level, for GW2, is that there is no end game... But the counter that, is that there is stuff that requires level, like the 'hard mode' dungeons... Which just goes back to support that there's a grind to get to max level to see this content...

Though, regardless of which game it is, seeing new content (which includes quests/lore while levelling) is a large part of the game... If not for that stuff, people would be complaining that it's too short. If you don't enjoy playing a game, will you enjoy playing a game at max level?

-Alamar

37. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 17:38 eunichron

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 16:55:
Level 20 was extremely simply to hit.

Indeed. One click during character creation and I had a level 20 character,

But it sounds like to me that some persons in this thread just don't like MMOs. If you don't like MMOs, why bother? It's part of a particular genre, and there are going to be staples of that genre. If you don't like it, then obviously that genre isn't for you.

36. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 16:55 Undocumented Alien

The REAL QUESTION IS Is it going to be another shitty grind again?

I don't remember grinding in GW(1), at all. Level 20 was extremely simply to hit. GW2 will have up to level 80, but from what I have read the level curve is nearly flat. So it should be similar to GW1.

Opps, Yifes beat me to it.

35. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 25, 2012, 16:53 Yifes

Forget all this type, and discussion. The REAL QUESTION IS Is it going to be another shitty grind again? Do I have to really need to spend hours and hours travelling, killing wolves, and shit? It's F2P, so why make us grind? If you want us to be good at our character, then just put a training system in the game. Fuck.

At least making the levelling process only take 20 hours to do. Not 200 hours. Not 100, not 50.

Seriously...

Please take your long-drawn-out lore/questing/grind system and kindly shove it up your ass.

Why make us sink all our time into your game without us knowing yet whether it's worth it or not for us to sink our time into it in the first place.

You think you can make us grind shit again? Nope. People have already had their fill of that shit from WoW--if not EQ--if not any of the other 10 MMOs that have come out, and we're sick of it.

There's very little in the way of gear treadmill, the leveling curve is pretty much flat, and you can right off the bat make max level geared out characters for structured PVP. The reason why so many people are optimistic about this game is because we're sick of all the traditional MMO shit, and GW2 has the potential to change that.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 17:04.

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo