Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hmm, seems like MrsBlue's job is being relocated, and we have to consider following it. I'm still a little too overwhelmed by the prospect to go into detail just yet, but I mention it because it's pretty hard to focus on anything else right at the moment. This is a very interesting development to say the least, and there's a lot to work through in figuring out what to do. Ah life, you are so complicated at times.

Mobile Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Fracuum.
Pirateers.
Links: The 10 Greatest Modes of Transportation in Videogame History.
Stories: "Hobbit" 48FPS Reactions. Thanks nin.
Florence Colgate: Girl who has 'Britain's most beautiful face'.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel. Thanks TDW Geeks.
WHAT'S THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB?
The Benefits Of Taking Your Xbox To Prom.
Media: Marvel Legends Avengers: Action Figures Assemble!
Bill Nye Teaches Us About The Science Of Partying.
Amazing Modern Warfare 3 Knife Throw Failure.
The Funnies: This is the web right now - The Oatmeal. Thanks
Dueling Analogs- Just When You Think It's All Clear.
xkcd: Approximations. If you laugh you're smarter than me.
Follow-up: Empire State Building about to lose status as tallest in NYC.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:05 Dev

Blue,
Whatever you need to do to take care of things, go for it. Even if you have to take the site down for a couple days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 18:54 Agent.X7

Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:19:
maleitch wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 15:24:
I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to. In fact the older you tools get the more you migrate down here? Do us all a favor and keep your pasty asses back "home".

Oh my god, that's funny...you proved, with every jackass thing you said (and how) why I will never consider this my home. You want it, you can have it! By all means. You want the barefoot and pregnant 17 year olds, you can have them. You want the slow ass retirees, you can have them. You want the (stupid as fuck) rednecks with their muddin' and couch in the front lawn and their single-wide trailers where ALL of your family lives, YOU CAN HAVE IT! If I could go home, I'd be there - IN A HEARTBEAT. You proved why Blue shouldn't come down to the south better than I ever could. You can go back to humpin' the dog, or your sister, or whatever it is you guys in these woods do to pass the time...

Edit: And just for the record, most of my neighbors (and most of the people who live in FL) are from the north...dumbass...

=-Rigs-=

Sadly those types of people exist everywhere.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 18:19 Rigs

I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to. In fact the older you tools get the more you migrate down here? Do us all a favor and keep your pasty asses back "home".

Oh my god, that's funny...you proved, with every jackass thing you said (and how) why I will never consider this my home. You want it, you can have it! By all means. You want the barefoot and pregnant 17 year olds, you can have them. You want the slow ass retirees, you can have them. You want the (stupid as fuck) rednecks with their muddin' and couch in the front lawn and their single-wide trailers where ALL of your family lives, YOU CAN HAVE IT! If I could go home, I'd be there - IN A HEARTBEAT. You proved why Blue shouldn't come down to the south better than I ever could. You can go back to humpin' the dog, or your sister, or whatever it is you guys in these woods do to pass the time...

Edit: And just for the record, most of my neighbors (and most of the people who live in FL) are from the north...dumbass...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 18:25.

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 17:41 Marvin T. Martian

My wife was just relocated to the unemployment line when they outsourced their mainframe. Would have jumped at relocation rather than no income, but it wasn't an option.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 17:24 Starsky

Ugh. I might be moving too. Upstate NY to Charleston, SC. IT Security stuff that *should* be far cooler than what I'm doing now, and for a far better organization. Three kids (5,7,9), spent most of my life here. Same money, better benefits, stable organization (US Military related), agonizing decision.

To follow another post, I too "grew up" with Blue's Quake Rag. And Redwood's News. Had a bartending job and a 486 SX20 with 2 MB of RAM, trying to squeeze out Doom 2.

Life.

Wonder what Redwood's up to. I bet he'd be a good resource for deciding on moves, Blue.

Best of luck man, whatever absence that occurs, we're behind you 100%.

I'm an idiot, he's @TheRedwood on Twitter....

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 17:12 Cutter

Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:49:
You ain't kiddin', nin. If you don't like searing heat and blinding sun 99.8% of daylight hours, then the south (and especially FL) are definitely off the list. I've been here in FL since 1993 and I'll be damned if I ever consider this my home. Born and raised in NW NJ and that will always be home.

Ahh, southerners. Nothing but grace and class, eh?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 17:03 Julio

Its time to negotiate putting the BBQ on the deck if you move!  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 16:47 Hoop

If it's Springfield watch out for the old guy that owns the Nuclear plant, Moe's is a good place for a beer & don't expect credit form the Kwik-E-Mart.  

Um .. Behind you...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 16:30 Beamer

Any chance she can move from the Glendale group to the NYC group?  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 16:28 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:32:
Creston wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:00:
If it's moving to the Mid- or Southwest, don't go. With your wife's apparent hatred for airconditioning, you'll be trying to survive in a 150 degree attic...

Creston

I can't help but think the south would be an eye opener for both of them.

That's one thing you could call it.
Hey, at least it's less snow!

Creston

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 16:27 Creston

Shadowrun is at 1.483 million! Come on, just 17 more grand and we get the Harlequin mission! I wants it!

Creston

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 15:42 nin

I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to.

Which banned account are you?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 15:39 gilly775

If it's moving to the Mid- or Southwest, don't go. With your wife's apparent hatred for airconditioning, you'll be trying to survive in a 150 degree attic...

Creston

We don't always use ACs here in MN. just go to the basement. Since it's in the ground, it's much cooler.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 15:29 Beamer

You ain't kiddin', nin. If you don't like searing heat and blinding sun 99.8% of daylight hours, then the south (and especially FL) are definitely off the list. I've been here in FL since 1993 and I'll be damned if I ever consider this my home. Born and raised in NW NJ and that will always be home.

The common battlecry from those that live where COPS is filmed.

-------------

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 15:24 maleitch

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 14:49 Rigs

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 14:32:

Just make sure wherever you're moving has NFL Network, Week 3 of the Giants schedule is an NFL Network game, and if you're out of the area it most likely won't be on local channels. Then again, if you're out of area you may need to get Sunday Ticket to watch the Giants.....

Watch when he finds they have to go to Seattle...LOL...Go Seahawks! (Or, god forbid, Chicago! ) *shudder*

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 15:11.

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 14:32 nin

Creston

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 14:00 Creston

Creston

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 13:32 Cutter

OMG! You're going to get to live in Disneyworld, Blue?!?! That's awesome! Every morning you wake up you can go ride Space Mountain and drink your coffee as you go through The Haunted Mansion!

Well, at least the upside is you can do your thing from most anywhere these days. Maybe it's time for an exciting new adventure to somewheres else!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 13:20 Beamer

Still plenty of publishing in NYC, though, isn't there?  
-------------

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo