Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hmm, seems like MrsBlue's job is being relocated, and we have to consider following it. I'm still a little too overwhelmed by the prospect to go into detail just yet, but I mention it because it's pretty hard to focus on anything else right at the moment. This is a very interesting development to say the least, and there's a lot to work through in figuring out what to do. Ah life, you are so complicated at times.

Mobile Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Fracuum.
Pirateers.
Links: The 10 Greatest Modes of Transportation in Videogame History.
Stories: "Hobbit" 48FPS Reactions. Thanks nin.
Florence Colgate: Girl who has 'Britain's most beautiful face'.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel. Thanks TDW Geeks.
WHAT'S THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB?
The Benefits Of Taking Your Xbox To Prom.
Media: Marvel Legends Avengers: Action Figures Assemble!
Bill Nye Teaches Us About The Science Of Partying.
Amazing Modern Warfare 3 Knife Throw Failure.
The Funnies: This is the web right now - The Oatmeal. Thanks
Dueling Analogs- Just When You Think It's All Clear.
xkcd: Approximations. If you laugh you're smarter than me.
Follow-up: Empire State Building about to lose status as tallest in NYC.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2012, 20:48 Ant

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 10:25:
haha Move to Los Angeles Blue! I can come visit you! I'd love to partake of your barbeque feasts, you make me so hungry!
Blue would be near me too! I will be moving too soon.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2012, 09:38.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 18:29 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 11:35:
Look on the bright side, Blue. If you move to LA, you can at least root for decent baseball teams!

*ducks*

Creston

Decent? HA!

Boston sucks, and it's very entertaining to me to see them tank so bad especially since they spend so much money. Yankees, well they're the Yankees.

What we really need are salary caps in Baseball like there are in Football, might even the field a little. But Blue, I am sorry that you may never be able to see a Big Blue game easily again! Last time I went was before my father sold his season tickets due to the new stadium. (Not very long story there, most know about the rates for the seats in the new stadium. Highway robbery that is!)

48. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 11:35 Creston

Look on the bright side, Blue. If you move to LA, you can at least root for decent baseball teams!

*ducks*

Creston

47. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 10:37 Beamer

Blue wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 07:52:
Beamer wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 16:30:
Any chance she can move from the Glendale group to the NYC group?

Haha, I guess you are familiar with the situation. No, it seems the three offers they were doling out were Glendale, Manhattan, and the unemployment line. Much to Disney's credit, the last group was by far the smallest, but there's no indication that there is an option for anyone to choose between NYC and LA, so there we are.

Well, from what I understand it's the front line going to NYC and the "important" people going to LA, so that should puff Mrs. Blue's ego a bit, but that's not a fun situation.

I've considered the LA move, and love the region outside of the traffic, but I'm really focused on getting back to NYC right now, so I feel your pain some.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

46. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 10:34 Beamer

Enahs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:21:
At least we allow black people to live with us.

In fairness, it's not so much as you allow them to live with you it's that you forced them to live there for 200 years and then prevented them from acquiring the means to move elsewhere in the following several.

Not you personally, of course, but the region.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

45. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 10:05 nin

You were close (relatively speaking) to Manhattan before, weren't you, Blue? I thought one of the pics you posted of the birds on your old balcony had the skyline in the background? But it's been awhile since you posted that, so my memory is fuzzy.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

44. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 09:57 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 07:52:

Haha, I guess you are familiar with the situation. No, it seems the three offers they were doling out were Glendale, Manhattan, and the unemployment line. Much to Disney's credit, the last group was by far the smallest, but there's no indication that there is an option for anyone to choose between NYC and LA, so there we are.

Well...good luck Mr and Mrs Blue.
I can't even imagine being in a situating like that.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

43. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 09:21 Starsky

Oh God, not LA. Unless the Vikings move there. Still, my friend's parents live in Glendale right around the corner and down the street from where OJ lost his fricken' mind. Actually a very nice place in the world, if you can afford the taxation.

Change is good Blue, go for it.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 07:52  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

41. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 06:31 InBlack

Civil War! Civil War! Civil War! Yaaaay! I like Unicorns!  

I have a nifty blue line!

40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 06:00 Rigs

You're barking up the wrong tree, Enahs. Seriously. I don't really care. You know, I noticed you never said anything about him calling me a 'douchebag carpetbagger northerner'. But you were quick to defend what I said about him. Why is that? Might you be subject to the things you call 'appalling'? No one is immune from prejudices. No one. Everyone has their own opinion on what they think about another person, whether family member or someone they see walking down the street. This 'I love everyone of ever color' crap is bullshit. You talk about Muslim's showing friendship. I'd like to see you go over there and see how many want to hold your hand. Am I prejudice against the south and it's people? Yup. For good reason. Ive been here for nearly 20 years and with the exception of a few, most have been exactly what you would think they would be like. Like I said, there's a stereotype for a reason...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 02:55 xXBatmanXx

Hay speaking of the South (and rednecks).
Headed to the Kentucky Derby and then driving to Birmingham for the Talledega Nascar race! Two major events in 2 days. Should be a blast.

Never been to either event. Wife has been to 9 derbies and 2 races.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 00:58 Agent.X7

Enahs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 21:17:
Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 21:01:
And sadly, the world is still full of prejudice and stereotypes too. The "south" is always stereotyped like this, and people not from the south always say these type of things. But it just is fun to laugh at because all it really says is that "I am a racists ignorant person!"; because really you have clue what people in the "south" or like. Nor do you actually have any tolerance for different people.

You say you've lived 'all over' but I really wonder if you've spent a good amount of time down here. If you had, and actually gone out into the public and hung out with some of the 'locals', you'd be saying different. Ok, I'm from the north, I don't like the south (for various reasons) but damn. I'm not the only one saying these things. My ex-wife was born in FL and lived here until we moved to NJ in 2000. Even she realizes most of the people, especially in our part of FL are straight-out Jeff Foxworthy uh, worthy rednecks. I've seen most of the shit he jokes about here. I didn't have to go to Kentucky (where my ex is now, ironically enough) or Tennessee or Alabama to witness couches in the front lawn, 20 cars in the backyard (or one big ass boat in the backyard of my friends ex-husband, one that he would go on every weekend and 'sail'...no shit), the questionable lineage of some family members...I've seen it ALL. For you to tell me it's a stereotype...well, no shit, YEAH, of course it is, because it's fuckin' true!

I realize I'm never going to convince you otherwise and I'm not gonna argue about it either. It's pointless. I just wanted to have some fun with the little miscreant. You're of course entitled to your opinion. I know what goes on around here, whether it's PC to say as much, I really don't care. I've seen it and that's all that matters. You want proof, I'd be more than happy to show you...

=-Rigs-=

I do not need proof. I was born in Alabama, raised there and in Arkansas. But just because there are difference cultures does not mean they are inferior. I never said you are not allowed to not like them or have your opinions. But the attitude that they are inferior because they are different and because you said so is just appalling.

Many Arabic and Islamic men hold hands in public to show friendship and support. It is different, and weird, and I would not do it. But that does not make me a better person or make them inferior to me because they do such. I actually have tolerance for other cultures. You can keep telling me all you want that men holding hands is wrong and a sign of stupidity (like popular media does with southerns). But that will not make it true. Nor am I weak minded enough to not see silly prejudices from other people (even when they can not) and allow it to make me prejudice or think some group of people are inferior in someway.

And the idea that everybody is as an "extreme" redneck as you say, and only those people exist. Well, you are deluding your self with what you have seen, and only choosing to see or remember the extremes of the stereotype you were taught by popular media to consider inferior.

I have lived all over the US now and am constantly visiting for work the major cities on the east cost and west cost. I see more racism there from people towards other people in one day then I would see in an entire year living all over the south. From small tiny towns in the south to the larger cities in the south. Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee.

Holy shit, are you Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton? WTF is with all the racism accusations?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 00:14 Cutter

Enahs, don't you get tired of lugging your banjo around and trying to find good corn squeezins all the time?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 21:36 Mr. Tact

I lived in Montgomery for 3.5 years. I miss one thing now that I'm back home in central Illinois, sweet tea.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 21:17 Enahs

Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 21:01:
And sadly, the world is still full of prejudice and stereotypes too. The "south" is always stereotyped like this, and people not from the south always say these type of things. But it just is fun to laugh at because all it really says is that "I am a racists ignorant person!"; because really you have clue what people in the "south" or like. Nor do you actually have any tolerance for different people.

You say you've lived 'all over' but I really wonder if you've spent a good amount of time down here. If you had, and actually gone out into the public and hung out with some of the 'locals', you'd be saying different. Ok, I'm from the north, I don't like the south (for various reasons) but damn. I'm not the only one saying these things. My ex-wife was born in FL and lived here until we moved to NJ in 2000. Even she realizes most of the people, especially in our part of FL are straight-out Jeff Foxworthy uh, worthy rednecks. I've seen most of the shit he jokes about here. I didn't have to go to Kentucky (where my ex is now, ironically enough) or Tennessee or Alabama to witness couches in the front lawn, 20 cars in the backyard (or one big ass boat in the backyard of my friends ex-husband, one that he would go on every weekend and 'sail'...no shit), the questionable lineage of some family members...I've seen it ALL. For you to tell me it's a stereotype...well, no shit, YEAH, of course it is, because it's fuckin' true!

I realize I'm never going to convince you otherwise and I'm not gonna argue about it either. It's pointless. I just wanted to have some fun with the little miscreant. You're of course entitled to your opinion. I know what goes on around here, whether it's PC to say as much, I really don't care. I've seen it and that's all that matters. You want proof, I'd be more than happy to show you...

=-Rigs-=

I do not need proof. I was born in Alabama, raised there and in Arkansas. But just because there are difference cultures does not mean they are inferior. I never said you are not allowed to not like them or have your opinions. But the attitude that they are inferior because they are different and because you said so is just appalling.

Many Arabic and Islamic men hold hands in public to show friendship and support. It is different, and weird, and I would not do it. But that does not make me a better person or make them inferior to me because they do such. I actually have tolerance for other cultures. You can keep telling me all you want that men holding hands is wrong and a sign of stupidity (like popular media does with southerns). But that will not make it true. Nor am I weak minded enough to not see silly prejudices from other people (even when they can not) and allow it to make me prejudice or think some group of people are inferior in someway.

And the idea that everybody is as an "extreme" redneck as you say, and only those people exist. Well, you are deluding your self with what you have seen, and only choosing to see or remember the extremes of the stereotype you were taught by popular media to consider inferior.

I have lived all over the US now and am constantly visiting for work the major cities on the east cost and west cost. I see more racism there from people towards other people in one day then I would see in an entire year living all over the south. From small tiny towns in the south to the larger cities in the south. Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 21:01 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 21:07.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:35 Sepharo

Enahs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:21:
I mean heck, just look at this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/New_2000_black_percent.gif

At least we allow black people to live with us.

Hahaha_no

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:21 Enahs

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:54:
Rigs wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 18:19:
maleitch wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 15:24:
I am sure most of your neighbors will be happy to see another douchebag, carpetbagging NY'r go back, but you never seem to. In fact the older you tools get the more you migrate down here? Do us all a favor and keep your pasty asses back "home".

Oh my god, that's funny...you proved, with every jackass thing you said (and how) why I will never consider this my home. You want it, you can have it! By all means. You want the barefoot and pregnant 17 year olds, you can have them. You want the slow ass retirees, you can have them. You want the (stupid as fuck) rednecks with their muddin' and couch in the front lawn and their single-wide trailers where ALL of your family lives, YOU CAN HAVE IT! If I could go home, I'd be there - IN A HEARTBEAT. You proved why Blue shouldn't come down to the south better than I ever could. You can go back to humpin' the dog, or your sister, or whatever it is you guys in these woods do to pass the time...

Edit: And just for the record, most of my neighbors (and most of the people who live in FL) are from the north...dumbass...

=-Rigs-=

Sadly those types of people exist everywhere.

I have lived all over now, and while yes there are quite a few serious white supremacists racists people in the south. By far and large, "northerners" and west coast, and Midwest people are FAR more racists. It is only anecdotal evidence. But I have about 200 black and foreign friends and coworkers that can attest for that.

I mean heck, just look at this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/New_2000_black_percent.gif

At least we allow black people to live with us. You can say you are not racists all you want, but that map really says other wise.

All that said, I do not think non southerns are bad, or actually meanly racists, etc. Nor do I want to sterotype. I just think most people all over are to stupid and afraid to admit the difference in people, and it is easier to point at other people and say they are racists then to admit to themselves they have very little experience with other races. And it is really hard for people to accept other culture.

For instance, I think NASCAR is the stupidest thing in the world. But just because I do not like it does not mean the people that like it are bad. And sterotyping of NASCAR fans as stupid; well, the people working for NASCAR are some of the smartest scientists and engineers in the world, FYI. You would be shocked how many former NASA JPL scientists work for NASCAR companies now, or how many leave NASCAR for NASA JPL and other similar places.

- W. C. Fields

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2012, 20:13 Enahs

All the random talk about locations and the south!
Move to the South, you should!

I am sorry, but everybody in the entire world agrees (except those from the North) that BBQ in the south is the best in the world. And that BBQ in the north just sucks.

Sorry, that is just how it is. Just because you are accustomed to eating shitty BBQ does not make it good. But when the entire rest of the world agrees, clearly you are wrong!

- W. C. Fields

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo