Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released

Version 1.0 of A Valley Without Wind is now available, representing the retail release of this procedurally generated side-scrolling action game. The launch trailer shows the game off, and the A Valley Without Wind offers trial versions for either Windows or OS X, which can be unlocked to the full version. Here's a bit on the game:

A 2D sidescroller without a linear path. An action game with tactical combat and strategic planning. An adventure game that lets you free-roam a vast, procedurally-generated world. A Valley Without Wind defies genre stereotypes. Unlike other procedurally-generated games, you also get a logical progression in difficulty, plus helpful tips and checklists to guide your travels (should you need them).

Choose for yourself how to prepare to face the vastly stronger Overlord. Complete a variety of missions to earn arcane rewards, or roam the wilds to uncover secret missions and stashes of magical loot. Customize your characters with unique combinations of enchants and spells that change how you move, jump, and fight. Or rescue people and bring them back to your settlement, recruiting them to help you in return.

You choose how to play, and the world adapts around you.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 09:37 Verno

This game just didn't grab me, felt like a mishmash of conflicting gameplay styles. I preferred the early dev concept with an isometric zelda style game.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 09:18 Omni

Great game but the gate way system if fucking crap.  

7. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 08:44 Shok

It's not really my kind of game but I still might buy it just to support Arcen. It's a two man team and their support for AI War has been phenomenal; they patch it at least monthly with tweaks and balances.  

6. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 06:09 JaguarUSF

I like it.  

5. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 02:22 Cutter

Slashman wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 23:10:
The concept sounds great...but I really can do without another 2d side scroller. I'd be happy to see something like that in a fully 3d game world. Graphics don't have to be amazing...but serviceable enough to not hurt the eyes.

Yep, I was pretty stoked when I first heard what they had in mind. Then I saw it. Too bad.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 25, 2012, 01:40 yuastnav

Great game.
Still sad that they decided to scrap the settlment game mechanics, though. I don't even know the reason since I stopped playing the beta after the middle of October due to a lack of time.
The game will get grindy but the exploration is still tons of fun. And it is much easier to play now.

3. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 24, 2012, 23:47 eRe4s3r

In that case you not only need an eye exam but a new eyeballs and a new memory chip

Alzheimer can be diagnosed you know? ;p

2. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 24, 2012, 23:10 Slashman

The concept sounds great...but I really can do without another 2d side scroller. I'd be happy to see something like that in a fully 3d game world. Graphics don't have to be amazing...but serviceable enough to not hurt the eyes.  

1. Re: A Valley Without Wind and Demo Released Apr 24, 2012, 21:50 Wildone

Turrican2 looked better than that on my Amiga A1200  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo