Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration

This thread on the BioWare Social Network proposes a community action they are calling "Turn it On / Turn it off For Bioware" for Mass Effect 3 players to offer "EA and Bioware immediate feedback on the importance of the Ending DLC, so they can allocate sufficient resources to make a quality product." Here's how this is to work: "We will turn ON our single player game on April 28th, during a pre-defined period to show EA/Bioware the number of passionate fans who love the series and who will continue to buy their products IF the DLC provides a satisfactory ending. We will then turn OFF our game on April 29th, and refuse to play for a pre-defined time period to give EA/Bioware a clear idea of the potential loss of custom and support they will suffer if the DLC is NOT satisfying." This event has a Facebook page and all the details can be found on Hold the Line.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 25, 2012, 00:29 StingingVelvet

Can't play this until June. Really eager to see if the ending is as bad as all the fucking press coverage makes it seem.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 25, 2012, 00:17 Sepharo

PropheT wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 23:59:
I hate the ending of the game, a lot, but I really think it's Bioware's move at this point. This kind of "don't forget we're still mad" thing is just kind of awkward.

The person organizing it seems to be doing more of a "remember we love you" type of deal. Or maybe a "we hit you because we love you"... Either way as someone pointed out it's getting creepy and stalker-ish.

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 25, 2012, 00:16 ForgedReality

Crybabies. It's a fucking game. They can tell the story how ever the hell they want. Nice sense of entitlement though, bros.  

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 23:59 PropheT

I hate the ending of the game, a lot, but I really think it's Bioware's move at this point. This kind of "don't forget we're still mad" thing is just kind of awkward.  

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:59 Yakubs

The only feedback BioWhore listens to these days is market research (i.e., focus groups). And is anyone surprised that this dumb idea originated in the cesspool that is their forums?  

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:45 raVen

Jivaro wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 22:35:
More to the point...isn't simply the act of ceasing to give them money really the only message EA or Bioware are really going to listen to anyway? Of course it is.
Yes and no.
If you don't communicate why you are no longer purchasing EA/Bioware products they wont really get it other than: "Oh, this type of game must not be profitable any more."
I don't know of a good way to do communicate a reason why. This turning on and off the console is interesting, but doesn't seem to fit the bill.

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:45 Tumbler

Seems like the only people paying attention to Bioware now are the crazies. Turn on the game...then turn it off...?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:38 NegaDeath

The ending to ME3 was one of the most idiotic endings I've ever seen in any media, I was glad Bioware was flooded with complaints. But that community is getting creepy now, stalker creepy. Wait until the DLC hits and see if they pulled their heads out of their asses, if it's still retarded then vote with your wallets.  

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:35 Jivaro

Yeah, while I don't have any problems with the concept, I question the timing. Wouldn't this be more appropriate after the free DLC is released? More to the point...isn't simply the act of ceasing to give them money really the only message EA or Bioware are really going to listen to anyway? Of course it is.

There is no shortage of games or other worthwhile entertainment forms that are more then willing to take our money.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:17 Creston

When I read this on Bio's forum, it just made me shake my head. It's like everyone there now suffers from "BIOWARE, PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE ME!" syndrome.

Fuck almighty, they're already doing an ending DLC for free. Wait 'till it's out, see if it's any good, move on from there. All this handwringing that's happening now is just ridiculous.

I hate the ending just as much as the next guy, and I have little faith the DLC will make it any more palatable, but this pathetic "We must show them that we're playing the SP game so they don't write it off as a loss!" whinging is so pathetic it defies description.

Anyway, back to Space Rangers 2. I wish the HD remake was out already.

Creston

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:06 NKD

This is quite possibly the stupidest idea I've seen in quite some time.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 21:37 Cutter

Meh.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2012, 02:46.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 21:34 kunic

There's only one problem with this plan..... Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend.  

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 21:30 Sepharo

DERRRR  

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 21:23 deqer

Oh god... making your customers jump through more hoops and shit...  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo