Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Dead Space Franchise on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Defenders of Ardania: Battlemagic DLC on GameStop PC Downloads.
  • Evochron Mercenary on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Numen: Contest of Heroes on Steam. Save 75%.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: On Sale Apr 26, 2012, 09:38 nin

Alamar wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 23:31:
Evochron tempts me, but I wouldn't be able to try it before the sale is over... Perhaps during the summer sale when it's $5 : )

-Alamar

Went ahead and grabbed that one. Hope it's not totally impossible to pick up off the bat.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 23:31 Alamar

Evochron tempts me, but I wouldn't be able to try it before the sale is over... Perhaps during the summer sale when it's $5 : )

-Alamar

12. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 10:57 AdamK47

That's a great deal on Dead Space.  

11. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 10:25 Verno

A friend of mine was complaining about not being able to get Amazon.com game downloads since they're region restricted. We travel a lot and I change my billing address all the time so I noticed this problem as well from time to time.

You can get around it easily enough though, Amazon doesn't care about your IP. All they care about is your billing address. I just made another address book entry, used the Boston Public Library (best library ever btw) address and was off to the races. As long as your credit card is valid they don't care or verify the billing address against it. This works for the Kindle store as well, haven't tried movie downloads or any of that stuff.

Anyway hope this helps those wayward Canadians and Euro BNers

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

10. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 09:50 Dmitri_M

Both Dead Space games are excellent.

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 02:28:
Dead Space isn't bad but the combat is god-awful because of the consoloitis
A design decision to make the movement slow and plodding, where your character isn't superhuman fast - shouldn't be mistaken for consoloitis. Develop your opinions into something beyond consolesdurr.

9. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 09:05 xXBatmanXx

Amazon is having a pretty good sale at the moment. Titles usually go fast.

Via Gamer Deals

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 08:41 JayDeath

Who doesn't own the Dead Space games by now? If not, shame on you!  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

7. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 06:16 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 01:40:
That and the first one is just a very well made game.

Agreed, the first one was awesome.
The second one is good too but the first felt more like a horror survival game and the second one was more of a shooter.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 02:28 Cutter

Esoteric wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 23:55:
I got Dead Space 2 on an Amazon sale for like 2 dollars a few months ago (with a discount) and haven't played it yet. Does it matter if I haven't played the first Dead Space? Would playing the first one add to the experience?

Dead Space isn't bad but the combat is god-awful because of the consoloitis. It also gets pretty predictable pretty quick, though there are moments that will mak you jump for sure.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 01:40 xXBatmanXx

Orogogus wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 00:15:
I got Dead Space 2 on an Amazon sale for like 2 dollars a few months ago (with a discount) and haven't played it yet. Does it matter if I haven't played the first Dead Space? Would playing the first one add to the experience?

I think so, yes. The story isn't Finnegan's Wake or anything but there are some minor reveals that play off the first game.

That and the first one is just a very well made game.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: On Sale Apr 25, 2012, 00:15 Orogogus

I think so, yes. The story isn't Finnegan's Wake or anything but there are some minor reveals that play off the first game.

3. Re: On Sale Apr 24, 2012, 23:55 Esoteric

2. Re: On Sale Apr 24, 2012, 22:34 nin

Shok wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 21:34:
Just saw on slickdeals that ME3 is on sale at Amazon for $30 for all platforms. PC is all I care about but thanks to Origin still no sale. Oh well, maybe on GoG in 5 years or playing it on my PC emulator app on a tablet in 10

I sent that to Blue this morning. Not sure why it didn't make it...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: On Sale Apr 24, 2012, 21:34 Shok

Just saw on slickdeals that ME3 is on sale at Amazon for $30 for all platforms. PC is all I care about but thanks to Origin still no sale. Oh well, maybe on GoG in 5 years or playing it on my PC emulator app on a tablet in 10  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo