Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Trailer

This trailer offers the full version of the Crysis 3 announcement trailer teased late last week, showing off gameplay in the upcoming installment in Crytek's first-person shooter series. The clip shows of the game's CryENGINE visuals, the setting in a decimated New York City, and the way the game will attempt to take the arrow to the knee meme back to the future. The clip concludes with links to preorders on Origin where they are offering free bonuses of the Overkill Pack and an upgrade to the Hunter Edition, and the Crysis Website with further details.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 10:36 Dmitri_M

Yeah video game developers cannot come up with decent IPs. Crytek are capable of high quality action games they just don't have any interesting ideas to go along with the technical ability.

Rigs wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 17:34:
EPIC to have a movie with Alien, Predator and Terminator. Maybe humans in the middle
=-Rigs-=
Can't think of anything dorkier than mixing those franchises. They're so good on their own, why do you need to dilute them. Terminators versus Orcs please.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2012, 10:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 25, 2012, 09:46 Ant

DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 15:41:
Too bad Crytek couldn't have just bought up the rights to Alien and Terminator franchises because that's really what they want this to be, unfortunately it'll never be as epic as either of them.
That would be rad, but not all together. Separate universes. Or mods, but we know FOX will not like that. Terminator, has that been termiated? I think someone made a cool prealpha mod for Unreal engine or something?

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2012, 10:40.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 19:40 TheWitcher

Yeah, I'd rather just play Crysis 1...  

21. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 18:54 Rea1One

Looks deece, can't wait!  

20. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 17:49 Elim

That was so generic, i fell asleep watching it.  

19. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 17:38 Jackplug

All gfx and no gameplay, same linear shooter as Crysis 2 and that bored me silly.  

18. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 17:34 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 15:41:
Too bad Crytek couldn't have just bought up the rights to Alien and Terminator franchises because that's really what they want this to be, unfortunately it'll never be as epic as either of them.

You know, I was thinking the other day,it would be EPIC to have a movie with Alien, Predator and Terminator. Maybe humans in the middle, but none of this black girl impresses Predator with her l33t Alien hunting skillz shit (AVP1...or maybe she's the daughter of Danny Glover's character in Pred2?). That ruined the movie for me. As much as humans want to think we're somehow important in the grand scheme of things (like being the descendants of the 'Forerunners' in HALO mythology or evolution-worthy in Babylon5), I tend to believe we're just insects in a universe of much better bred giants (the end of MIB2 makes a good picture of this, surprisingly). While I understand you have to make the movie appeal to the common movie-goer, that doesn't mean we always have to know exactly how to command respect from other sentient life. But that ALSO doesn't mean that said life has to be inherently evil or bad and want to wipe humanity off the face of existence. Just if we wanna play with big boys on the galactic playground, we can't have an ego trip when we step on another's toes or piss one them off and start a full scale war. They may just be content enough to annihilate one of our colonies and be done with it. In other words, just because we fight, doesn't mean it's to the death of the species itself. And we can't assume that just because we can hold our own for a short period that said aliens will all of a sudden respect us and think of us as equals...So I think if we did have a 3-way plus humans (though I don't see why there have to be humans in it at all to be honest), it should have this in mind to truly set it apart from the crap that's come before... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

17. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 17:25 theyarecomingforyou

Alamar wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 16:57:
I did enjoy the aliens in the Crysis series and can't understand the 'crying' about it... If you want pure human enemies, why not play one of the games above?
That's not really the issue, as few complained about the aliens in the Half-Life series. It's more that they're implemented in a cheesy way, both in terms of gameplay and narrative. In Half-Life the aliens were basically unwitting creatures from another dimension, whereas in Crysis they are highly technologically advanced with a plan to attack Earth and still seem to be brought down with incredible ease with conventional human weapons.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

16. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 17:15 DangerDog

They have a Dooty game using Cryengine 3, http://www.warface.com/

free to play etc

15. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 16:57 Alamar

GarrettTX1 wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 13:56:
Have to agree - this is looking more like Crysis 2.1 (sadly IMO) than the original Crysis (and Warhead somewhat). IE: Big beautiful levels with human opponents where multiple approaches (like stealth) could be used tactically to approach/finish the level(s).

Looks more like the shoot/blow everything up that all the lil kiddies (ie: the current target audience for pubs/devs...) like nowadays...

Would be great to hear more "Die Mr Yankee Zankee..." comments from human opponents AI in Crysis 3...

I thought the 'lil kiddies' were the ones keeping Call of Dooty and Modern Borefare up in the top 10? The community really needs to make up it's mind...

Btw, I haven't played any of the CoD/MW variants, but I like the word Dooty...

I did enjoy the aliens in the Crysis series and can't understand the 'crying' about it... If you want pure human enemies, why not play one of the games above?

-Alamar

14. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 15:41 DangerDog

13. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 15:33 StingingVelvet

GarrettTX1 wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 13:56:
Have to agree - this is looking more like Crysis 2.1 (sadly IMO) than the original Crysis (and Warhead somewhat). IE: Big beautiful levels with human opponents where multiple approaches (like stealth) could be used tactically to approach/finish the level(s).

Looks more like the shoot/blow everything up that all the lil kiddies (ie: the current target audience for pubs/devs...) like nowadays...

Would be great to hear more "Die Mr Yankee Zankee..." comments from human opponents AI in Crysis 3...

I played Crysis 2 entirely in stealth mode, and this one is introducing a bow purely for stealth enhancement, so.... yeah, you look kind of silly rambling about this.

Yes the areas were smaller in Crysis 2, but the same choose your tactics and stealth gameplay was in the game. Stop thinking with your knee-jerk PC gamer elitism and play the game.

12. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 14:21 Rigs

You know what would be cool? If the aliens really turned out to be North Koreans in the biggest Cos-play convention ever! You find out at the end that it was really just a big misunderstanding and Kim Jung Un really just was trying to surprise the world and show they really aren't all those bad meanies who want world domination. They just want to be loved!

*ahem*

Anyway, I found this on the site and thought it was interesting how they worded it:
'Crysis®3 is the ultimate sandbox shooter, realized in the stunning visuals only Crytek and the latest version of CryENGINE® can deliver.

Does this mean an open world like GTA or like Wolf2009 with a 'hub' system? Also, when the hell did they put a dome on NYC? I guess I should finally finish Crysis2 to find out, eh?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

11. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 13:56 GarrettTX1

10. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 13:22 Jago

I used to enjoy Crysis, then I took an arrow to the knee.  

9. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 12:07 theyarecomingforyou

I think it looks pretty decent. But I won't be buying it if it uses limited activations and requires Origin. I don't care how many decent looking games I have to miss out on, I won't be treated like dirt by a company like EA.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 11:49 SirKnight

Crysis 2 just didn't do it for me. Especially when it got to the alien part. What little fun there was before that completely went away for me.

Now Crysis 1 I thought was quite good (even though I still did not care for the aliens) and I've played through it twice. I liked warhead too.

But Crysis 3 is just Crysis 2 warhead so I'm not interested at all. Maybe one day when it's on a $10 sale I'll give it some thought.

7. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 11:49 Alamar

Linksil wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 11:19:
I bet they are going with something along the lines of "part of them were immune or hiding out of reach of the cloud".

Best way I can see them making this game better, instead of going a bit more downhill, would be if the dome is the whole level. IE no loads or cuts from one side to another. If they could or even tried to pull that off I think the people that dispised the 2nd game might shut up a bit.

I was never a big fan of this feature in say, GTA, or some other boring games, but I really enjoyed it in Prototype (and some others you could fly/glide)... Running from one end of the city to the other can be fun... Though I'd rather queue for a random dungeon... anyhow...

I guess, for me, part of the fun in travelling in prototype (other than the aforementioned 'flying'), is crushing and throwing cars as I go... : )

-Alamar

6. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 11:49 nin

"Hey! Lets make an entire game where the camera is zoomed in, looking down the sight!

But it's already been pirated!!!!!!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Apr 24, 2012, 11:46 ASeven

Too much Michael Bay, not enough gameplay.

Veridict: Meh

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo