Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced

Ubisoft announces Anno 2070 Deep Ocean, an add-on for Anno 2070, the real-time strategy sequel expected this autumn. As the name implies, this takes the game under the water, and we have a pair of screenshots showing what this will look like. Here's a feature list:

• New Civilization Level
    For the first time in the history of the Anno series, an add-on brings a new civilization level: the Tech faction is expanded by the Genius population class.
  • A Deeper Game Experience
    The new population class grants access to the new Tech Monument, new corresponding production chains and consumption goods. Furthermore, this new class features all-new vehicles and new items allowing players to develop industries, strengthen economies and exploit new resources.
  • Additional Content and Challenges
    Players will also be able to:
    • Acquire enemy territories without military force using the Hostile Takeover feature.
    • Resolve energy problems by building the new underwater geothermal power plant.
    • Optimize energy supply through Energy Transfer between islands.
    • Face a new dangerous disaster: the Tsunami!
    • Unlock new rewards for each faction's career ladder.
    • Take advantage of new underwater trading routes.
    • Experience over 150 new challenging quests.
    • Unlock over 30 new achievements.
    • Access player comparison via new leaderboards.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 25, 2012, 09:27 nin

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 08:30:
PHJF wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 22:26:
You're not weak. You get to enjoy yourself playing a game you like while they boycott.

Ahh, The Rapist's Defense.

DRM is serious business.

It really is, both for companies that invest tons of money in it, and for a subset of gamers that go out of their way to avoid it.

It and DLC are probably the two most controversial things in gaming right now. And both have changed how we play.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 25, 2012, 08:30 Dmitri_M

PHJF wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 22:26:
You're not weak. You get to enjoy yourself playing a game you like while they boycott.

DRM is serious business.

15. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 25, 2012, 05:08 Dev

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 17:37:
I figured this is as good of a place as any to ask:

For upcoming RTS's.. I saw a few in the last calendar year, a few that caught my attenion, but for the life of me, I can't recall which ones. Most were all future-based'ish.. anyone have a good resource for finding these titles out?

I dunno specifically, but here's a resource I spotted after a quick google for upcoming games (click PC at the top if thats what interests you):
http://www.ign.com/index/upcoming.html

A site specifically for RTS games:
http://www.rtsguru.com/
It has a list of RTS games which you can filter for still in development, or released recently, etc.

14. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 22:26 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 17:43 Elessar

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 10:50:
Darks wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 09:47:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 09:32:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 08:06:
Shame too, they used to put out decent games.
Well, this is a decent game. An exceptional one actually. It's sad that many are passing on it as a result of the DRM, not that I fault them for passing on it. I bought it and enjoyed the hell out of it, I'm just not a strong willed gamer's rights activist like the rest of you. I also support nuclear power and think police officers should be respected.

Police and Nuclear power we need in our lives, DRM, we do not need!!

I agree. I just can't help buying a good game. I'm weak, I just don't have the conviction of the others here. Booze, woman and DRM - these are my vices.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

12. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 17:37 ColoradoHoudini

I figured this is as good of a place as any to ask:

For upcoming RTS's.. I saw a few in the last calendar year, a few that caught my attenion, but for the life of me, I can't recall which ones. Most were all future-based'ish.. anyone have a good resource for finding these titles out?

11. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 10:50 Dmitri_M

Darks wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 09:47:
Well, this is a decent game. An exceptional one actually. It's sad that many are passing on it as a result of the DRM, not that I fault them for passing on it. I bought it and enjoyed the hell out of it, I'm just not a strong willed gamer's rights activist like the rest of you. I also support nuclear power and think police officers should be respected.

I agree. I just can't help buying a good game. I'm weak, I just don't have the conviction of the others here. Booze, woman and DRM - these are my vices.

10. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 09:47 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 09:32 Dmitri_M

8. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 09:25 Darks

Tumbler wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 23:11:
There are simply too many games to bother with anything that hassles paying customers.

I agree, this game was recently on sale too and I was tempted but then came back to my senses and passed on it. I will not buy a game that forces you online all the time and has limited installs. Especially when it’s a steam game. No thank you!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 24, 2012, 08:06 Ozmodan

With their stance on the worst DRM on the market, will never touch another of their games. Shame too, they used to put out decent games.  

6. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 23, 2012, 23:11 Tumbler

There are simply too many games to bother with anything that hassles paying customers.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 23, 2012, 23:04 theyarecomingforyou

I like the Anno series but will not tolerate limited activations. Not only that but the game hasn't seen a substantial price drop yet.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 23, 2012, 22:19 NKD

Got this game on sale a few weeks back, probably my favorite entry in the Anno series yet. Also: Energy transfer between islands? Nice. I'm also glad they are fleshing out the tech faction.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

3. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 23, 2012, 21:56 nin

Limited installs?

NO SALE!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 23, 2012, 21:52 Cutter

Cool, but is it still Tages?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Anno 2070 Deep Ocean Announced Apr 23, 2012, 21:50 Dmitri_M

Original version of the game was also underwater

I guess the biggest change here is the addition of a new faction.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo