Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st

The Call of Duty Website now offers a countdown clock, ticking off the 700,000+ seconds until May 1st, saying this is when we should expect a Call of Duty world premier during the NBA playoffs here in the U.S. It seems there will be more teasing about the future of the military shooter series between now and then, as the site also has a bunch of thumbnails listed as "classified," with some of them indicating they will be unlocked between now and May 1st. One of the images is already unlocked, but if it contains a clue about all this, it's pretty well obscured.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

20. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 14:22 Dev

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 14:09:
Dev wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:25:
Tumbler wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:04:
Black Ops 2.

Thanks, we know. Same Engine and assets though right? Maybe you can try something new and ship only 5 MP maps and offer day one DLC with another 5 MP maps. Won't the fans be thrilled when you use that time during certification to make more maps!
No, they alternate between MW games and another game. I think this year its MW4. Next year it will be BO2 (Body Odor 2, new and improved version)

Otherwise you got the rest right

Last year was Modern Warfare 3. BLOPS was before that.

You are right. I got them confused and reversed. They are so similar and I don't play them much and not surprisingly everything CoD runs together in my mind. My bad.

So he was right on everything then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 14:17 Beamer

Morgan19 wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:57:
Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:46:
The screenshot revealed today is horrible.
It's a "quadrotor" flying robot doodad, apparently: clicky linky.

I'd much prefer a giant walking robot.

We need someone to make Near-Future-Warfare. RoboCops and ED-209s.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 14:09 StingingVelvet

Dev wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:25:
Black Ops 2.

Thanks, we know. Same Engine and assets though right? Maybe you can try something new and ship only 5 MP maps and offer day one DLC with another 5 MP maps. Won't the fans be thrilled when you use that time during certification to make more maps!
No, they alternate between MW games and another game. I think this year its MW4. Next year it will be BO2 (Body Odor 2, new and improved version)

Last year was Modern Warfare 3. BLOPS was before that.

17. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:57 maddog

YES, training mode was a great addition. Hope they do it again in BLOPS2

Rhett wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 13:39:
I admit I dislike CoD (though I occasionally play it) and what it's done to the average gamer, but Black Ops was at least pretty cool. Especially the bots. Bots are far too rare nowadays. I hope Blops 2 brings them back. Not that I would pay full price for it, but it was so wonderful being able to play against something other than raging 10-year-olds with mics.

16. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:57 Morgan19

The screenshot revealed today is horrible.
It's a "quadrotor" flying robot doodad, apparently: clicky linky.

15. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:56 Beamer

The screenshot revealed today is horrible. It doesn't really show you anything. However, if you enlarge the flash animation for the screenshot, it contains a bit more color, but still hard to make anything out...

Classified 01

A security camera, or ED-209?

Actually, if it was ED-209 I'd find myself caring about this a whole lot more...

-------------

14. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:46 Total-Khaos

The screenshot revealed today is horrible. It doesn't really show you anything. However, if you enlarge the flash animation for the screenshot, it contains a bit more color, but still hard to make anything out...

Classified 01

13. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:39 Rhett

I admit I dislike CoD (though I occasionally play it) and what it's done to the average gamer, but Black Ops was at least pretty cool. Especially the bots. Bots are far too rare nowadays. I hope Blops 2 brings them back. Not that I would pay full price for it, but it was so wonderful being able to play against something other than raging 10-year-olds with mics.  

12. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:25 Dev

Black Ops 2.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2012, 13:33.

11. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:24 StingingVelvet

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 11:57:
I saw that youtube video of a guy playing Black Ops single player on hardest difficulty, I believe he played through the first level without firing a single shot. His Ai team mates were killing everyone, he just hang back. I believe there were 1 single shot he had to take in order for the cinematic to continue.

In every CoD game the first level or two are like that... pretty much tutorials. You couldn't do that for the rest of the game.

10. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:21 Cutter

Call of Doody.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

Black Ops 2.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 12:16 Dev

And of course the inevitable campaign to get a million likes on facebook to unlock a screenshot or trailer.

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 11:40:
Sadly these drop in price SO slowly.
Thats because they sell so well that activision feels no need to drop the price until the next one comes out.

7. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 11:57 SpectralMeat

I saw that youtube video of a guy playing Black Ops single player on hardest difficulty, I believe he played through the first level without firing a single shot. His Ai team mates were killing everyone, he just hang back. I believe there were 1 single shot he had to take in order for the cinematic to continue.

I've played nothing but MP in these CoD games, and while they were fun to a certain level, there is only so much mindless run and gun game can one play. I've never bought MW3 and I really don't care much for Black Ops2 either.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 11:40 StingingVelvet

I still enjoy the campaigns in these games purely on spectacle and such... like a Michael Bay movie. That said Black Ops was the last one I will buy on day one, there's just not enough there for $60 if you're a singleplayer guy like me, and the formula is no longer exciting.

Sadly these drop in price SO slowly.

5. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 10:56 Techie714 ©

COD SUCKS!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 10:33 InBlack

Last MW game I bought was the first one. CoD4:MW. Had a great time playing that.

Then a friend of mine gifted me MW4, since he had no one to play with and I said what the hell lets see whats up with this.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that apart from the new levels (which arent that bad but are very crowded and feel much smaller) some new game modes and a few extra perks it was the exact same game, albeit with poorer graphics and horribly unbalanced weapons.

I played for about two weeks, stopped and never looked back again.

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 09:59 Beamer

I looked last night and apparently I now have 9 days in MW3 multiplayer? I have no clue how - could have sworn it was 6.5 last week. Maybe I misread?

In any case I'm still playing the crap out of this game. I play with a buddy that's terrible, and he keeps asking me to make him a guide on how to play, like I did for Gears of War Horde Mode (which was more or less tower defense, kind of how I think Dungeon Defenders must be.) The thing is, any game where you play against humans is fluid and by the time I finish the guide the strategies would be outdated and widely countered and whatever I say about weapons may be changed in a patch (akimbo guns where everywhere the first month or two, but hardly used now.)

I don't know if it's that this is the one game I have a buddy that plays, if I'm just so stretched on time that I want familiar and easy rather than learning something new, or if it's the actual game, but I've played this longer than I have just about anything else in years. Can't explain it. I still have about 6 Steam games, 4 Xbox games and 10 PS3 games waiting to be played that I'd thought I would have gone through by now...

Yet I still won't spend a dime on this stupid DLC. And, even with all this time (at least 75% of which is in vanilla Team Deathmatch) I'm not in the top million players (I think I'm barely in the top 400,000 for TD.)

-------------

2. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 09:35 Killer Kane

Oh goody, maybe the last one will go down to around $5.00 now, then maybe I'll buy it  

1. Re: Call of Duty Reveal on May 1st Apr 23, 2012, 09:34 InBlack

Excuse me while I... Puke  

I have a nifty blue line!

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo