Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Previews

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Previews Apr 25, 2012, 01:17 Paranoid Jack

Congrats, I'm still being told my log in failed or that my password is incorrect. Sure glad they didn't e-mail everyone at once. The beta should be over by the time I am able to finally download the client.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 23:45 nin

Holy shit, finally downloading...

edit: Damn...250 meg and the downloader rolls from 0 to 1% done...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 23:37 Paranoid Jack

too funny...

nin, that is the exact same e-mail I have got.

10. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 23:13 nin

Hey there,

We are currently working to resolve the issues affecting the forums and ask that you please be patient and keep trying. We're hoping to have the issues resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
GM Alura
Guild Wars Support Team

9. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 22:41 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for the info nin, I was going to start looking for forum posts but I can't even log into that.  

8. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 22:35 nin

Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 21:50:
Been trying for hours to log in to start the GW2 client download and their servers are not working at all or are down. I can log into GW and the accounts are already linked but trying to log into the GW2 website or the download site comes back with a bullshit message telling me my password is incorrect. I updated the password twice and received e-mail confirmation from the same site that is repeatedly telling me my password is incorrect.

Got a feeling this is going to be a very rough launch, beta or not...

Same issue here, and there's more than a few posts on their bookface page, saying the same thing...

7. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 21:50 Paranoid Jack

Been trying for hours to log in to start the GW2 client download and their servers are not working at all or are down. I can log into GW and the accounts are already linked but trying to log into the GW2 website or the download site comes back with a bullshit message telling me my password is incorrect. I updated the password twice and received e-mail confirmation from the same site that is repeatedly telling me my password is incorrect.

Got a feeling this is going to be a very rough launch, beta or not...

6. Re: Morning Previews Apr 24, 2012, 00:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Teddy wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 20:00:
Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 17:55:
I've been dabbling with Tera lately and it's quite nice.

Tera was alright, but nothing revolutionary from what I saw. The melee combat made decent use of their "active combat" claim with plenty of dodging and maneuvering, but as soon as I swapped to a sorcerer, "active combat" was a joke. All the spells stopped me dead in my tracks to use, even my basic attack so it was stand in one place fire at the enemy until he got too close, click the auto jump backwards button, repeat. Pretty dull stuff.
The kind of thing you're talking about here, along with the fact that it's like a 50GB download that takes days according to many reports, means I'm gonna pass on this one too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Morning Previews Apr 23, 2012, 22:45 NKD

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 15:01:
Ugh 4 more stinkin days till we finally get to see GW2 live! BLUUURRRGHHH!

Edit: Holy poop! I didn't know rangers could have aquatic pets like sharks! That effing rocks!

But will they have "frickin laser beams"? If not, no sale.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Morning Previews Apr 23, 2012, 22:35 eunichron

Teddy wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 20:00:

Tera was alright, but nothing revolutionary from what I saw. The melee combat made decent use of their "active combat" claim with plenty of dodging and maneuvering, but as soon as I swapped to a sorcerer, "active combat" was a joke. All the spells stopped me dead in my tracks to use, even my basic attack so it was stand in one place fire at the enemy until he got too close, click the auto jump backwards button, repeat. Pretty dull stuff.

Yeah, I put some time into the Tera beta and enjoyed it. I played a Warrior the entire time so it was a bit more dynamic than what you described as the Sorceror. A fun diversion, but no way I would pay full box price + monthly fee for it. If it ever goes F2P I might consider it. I've heard rumors that the game bombed in Korea and Japan though because of lack of content updates.

3. Re: Morning Previews Apr 23, 2012, 20:00 Teddy

2. Re: Morning Previews Apr 23, 2012, 17:55 Fibrocyte

1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 23, 2012, 15:01 Cutter

Ugh 4 more stinkin days till we finally get to see GW2 live! BLUUURRRGHHH!

Edit: Holy poop! I didn't know rangers could have aquatic pets like sharks! That effing rocks!

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2012, 16:52.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo